Slatykamora

2019 August Closer Thread

Just now, miasma16 said:

Sorry not sorry that you don't own him

I do own him. Which is why I want to know who’s next lol

Just now, HaloFanatic17 said:

I do own him. Which is why I want to know who’s next lol

After the way Milwaukee jerked around Hiura, they might be stupid enough to remove Hader from the role. But I wouldn't go adding any alternatives until they're announced.-

he sure fked up but he got out of his own mess quite impressively, 3 Ks with bases loaded

2 minutes ago, BIGFLY4MIKETROUT said:

is hader's season over?

he must be injured

Didn't look injured when he struck out 3 dudes in a row

So is Lugo really in the mix or did he just get the opp tonight because Diaz pitched the last 2 days. I literally just dropped dude this morning for Romo...

2 minutes ago, sleepysock said:

So is Lugo really in the mix or did he just get the opp tonight because Diaz pitched the last 2 days. I literally just dropped dude this morning for Romo...

Just a guess, but I think right now they consider Lugo their most effective reliever and aren't concerned about roles, just winning games, so they will pitch him whenever he is needed most in the late innings and not lock him into closer or set-up guy.

21 minutes ago, sleepysock said:

Lugo is the closer

10 hours ago, miasma16 said:

Didn't look injured when he struck out 3 dudes in a row

10 hours ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Are you drunk?

Can't blame people for being concerned though when you blow 5 out of your last 6 save opportunities.  I'm not saying he's hurt, because I doubt he is, but it definitely raises concerns otherwise.

8 minutes ago, The_Real_Deal said:

Braves are throwing us all off between Melacon and Jackson......

It’s going to Greene soon

1 hour ago, Dr. Whom said:

It’s going to Greene soon

Are you as sure of this as you were a couple days ago about lugo never getting a save chance again after his blow up vs the Braves?...lolol

is my  check in the mail?

toss up in Washington on who could get a save chance other than Doolittle? Hudson? Strickland? Rodney?

Nationals manager Dave Martinez acknowledged after Saturday's extra-innings loss to the Brewers that he may have to handle the ninth inning differently moving forward.

Sean Doolittle served up three home runs in blowing a save Saturday and has really struggled lately, likely due in large part to being on pace for a new career high in appearances. Daniel Hudson has also been used a lot lately but might be the favorite for saves in Washington for the time being.

2 minutes ago, Trilogy25 said:

Doubt the knee is the real issue. Sounds like an excuse to give him a needed break. Betting he is right back in the ninth after 10 days.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Trilogy25 said:

Gotta love ESPN having the blurb about him going to the DL, but not actually giving him the distinction in their system yet.

7 minutes ago, Baur10 said:

Gotta love ESPN having the blurb about him going to the DL, but not actually giving him the distinction in their system yet.

Nats probably haven't actually put him on the IL yet.  They'll probably do that right before their game.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

Nats probably haven't actually put him on the IL yet.  They'll probably do that right before their game.

They did.  He has the designation now so NBD really, just taking shots at ESPN.

Posted (edited)

I follow the Nats fairly closely and I guess I agree with Closer Monkey's dart throw that it'll be Hudson for the Nats although I wouldn't be at all surprised if it were Strickland or Suero (in that order). I would actually be surprised if it were Rodney, Rainey, or Grace (least surprised to most).

Edited by Fiveohnine

I just grabbed Hudson and have a good feeling it will be him filling in but dude's pitched in 8 of the last 11 games so won't be surprised if someone else gets it the next couple of games.

In case anyone is wondering about his status moving forward. This stint is purely just to give him time off and he should come back when eligible.