Sign in to follow this  
AndreSplash

Thomas Bryant 2019-2020 Outlook

So, with him fresh off a new contract and no one else in his way for the majority of center minutes, what are his stat projections and where would you draft him? I just acquired him in my dynasty league and am excited for his situation. I excited to pick up a center that has a nice looking stroke from 3. His FG% could rival Mitchell Robinson. 

Another good Roto big. Between rounds 6 & 7 I will que him up. 13 ppg / 8 reb / 1.2 blks. Elite FG%, good FT%.

Even though it's no other center behind him, Scott Brooks can still mess this up. There's always a chance his minutes will fluctuate. But he's still one of my targets because the upside is immense.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

Another good Roto big. Between rounds 6 & 7 I will que him up. 13 ppg / 8 reb / 1.2 blks. Elite FG%, good FT%.

Even though it's no other center behind him, Scott Brooks can still mess this up. There's always a chance his minutes will fluctuate. But he's still one of my targets because the upside is immense.

Brooks and Fizdale too i don't like lol but ironically i'm trusting both this season and have Mitch and Bryant.  I think Bryant can average double digit boards with 30 min / night, and don't forget the 3 ball he could average close to 1 three / game. If he stays healthy, with those percentages, some slight improvement, and hopefully massive playing time he can be roto gold and finish close to top 30 type in totals, with an almost guaranteed top 50 finish.  

These are his rebounding game log totals from games where he played 30 or more minutes (14 games).  He also had a couple DD rebounding games in less than 30 min...

Equals 11.7 rebounds / game.  I smell proven production + potential + massive opportunity.  Don't sleep (unless you're in my league then this guy sucks).  I drafted him 5th round in dynasty and regard that as probably the pick that made me the happiest.

• Like 2

While we're at it, here's his points totals in those same games with 30 or more minutes - 

Equals 19.8 points / game.  Now I'm not sure he gets to 30 min / night, but I'm sure hoping he does...even if he doesnt he won't be far from it, I'd bet 28 is the absolute minimum for him this year.  We could have one of the top breakout players of the year here.  Good target if you miss out on the other bigger names like Collins, Ayton, Bam, Aldridge.  

18 points / 10 reb / 2.5 ast / 0.5 stls / 1.2 blks / 1 three  on excellent FG and good FT for a big man.  

• Like 1

Shhhh. Let’s keep this between 6 to 7 round 19 points breakout talk to ourselves. I don’t want my brother thinking he needs to draft him that high so I myself can draft him that high.

All seriousness tho this dude definitely has a chance to put up Ayton numbers from last year or a little better with the bonus of a three a game. He is one of my must draft players.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yet another gem the Lakers let go, like his outlook this season more than wcj, wcs, allen and adams

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MysticPeak said:

Late 4th, early 5th for me. shh

I've been stealing him in the 10th-11th round of drafts on ESPN. Ranked way too low and people forget.

19 hours ago, Dirtbag said:

I've been stealing him in the 10th-11th round of drafts on ESPN. Ranked way too low and people forget.

ESPN is rubbish. I only have one league that is in ESPN because I play with mates over there. The ranking system is a joke. Bam is ranked in the 120s for example.

4 hours ago, j3rkthenurk said:

ESPN is rubbish. I only have one league that is in ESPN because I play with mates over there. The ranking system is a joke. Bam is ranked in the 120s for example.

It's not as bad as Fantrax. Those rankings look like a mess...

Without looking at ESPN or fantrax rankings I would bet ESPN is more off.  The mock drafts are useless now I always end up with the greatest team in fantasy basketball history, every time.  

17 hours ago, Dirtbag said:

It's not as bad as Fantrax. Those rankings look like a mess...

Fantrax is slightly better.

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 5:46 PM, hipriest69 said:

Without looking at ESPN or fantrax rankings I would bet ESPN is more off.  The mock drafts are useless now I always end up with the greatest team in fantasy basketball history, every time.  

Agreed.  This is the team I drafted the one and only time I used the platform before realizing there's no point:

PG
PG
SG
SG, PG
SF
SF
PF
PF, C
C
C
G
PG
F
SF
UTIL
C
UTIL
C
UTIL
C
BE
SG
BE
PG
BE
SF
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, StifleTower2 said:

Agreed.  This is the team I drafted the one and only time I used the platform before realizing there's no point:

PG
PG
SG
SG, PG
SF
SF
PF
PF, C
C
C
G
PG
F
SF
UTIL
C
UTIL
C
UTIL
C
BE
SG
BE
PG
BE
SF

That seems about right lol

• Haha 1

On 8/5/2019 at 10:35 AM, StifleTower2 said:

PG
PG
SG
SG, PG
SF
SF
PF
PF, C
C
C
G
PG
F
SF
UTIL
C
UTIL
C
UTIL
C
BE
SG
BE
PG
BE
SF

Congrats on the championship 

• Like 1

Hits his free throws (should be 77%+), great FG% with rather high volumes, decent rebounder and hits threes. Not a great defender so only a few blk. Doesn't turn the ball over a lot. So a good guy for efficiency. Probably a ceiling which is even a bit higher than top 40, iirc his monthly rank hovered around #27 a while last season?

• Like 1

I love everything about him, especially the FT / 3's / and ability to get crooked numbers in assists...the only thing I don't love is the low steals :(   If he could just get 0.7-0.8...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, a-rob said:

i see him 14 9 1.2 bpg solid %s. A good Center to target if you miss out on the big names early. I don't see him cracking 30mpg, maybe 25-28 is safer projection

Why he can't cracking 30mpg?Wizards frontcourt is thin since Portis and J.Parker gone,his backup Mahinmi is injury prone

Beside Beal,someone need to step up to score,I think the answer is Bryant(IT injury now,Ish Smith is not scorer,Rui Hachimura is just a rookie)

3 hours ago, kane said:

Why he can't cracking 30mpg?Wizards frontcourt is thin since Portis and J.Parker gone,his backup Mahinmi is injury prone

Beside Beal,someone need to step up to score,I think the answer is Bryant(IT injury now,Ish Smith is not scorer,Rui Hachimura is just a rookie)

I wonder about this as well. Even last year when he had occasions to play extended minutes, he never was given that time fully.

This year is a better bet for his playing time, thus justifying his current ADP.

However, what are the current risk factors? Bad coaching? Foul trouble?

• Like 1

Think some are sleeping on this guy. Got him late-ish in my main league draft last night. 

Looking at the Wizards line up (gross ) he really should get all the mins he can handle 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, a-rob said:

How late is late-ish?

7th round 

He looked active tonight. Didn’t hit any of his three 3 point attempts but I love his energy. Had 2 steals and 2 blocks to go along with 14 boards. 

• Like 1

Just now, AndreSplash said:

He looked active tonight. Didn’t hit any of his three 3 point attempts but I love his energy. Had 2 steals and 2 blocks to go along with 14 boards. 

he's a monster with the minutes, big season ahead!

15 minutes ago, AndreSplash said:

I know it's dumb to have a knee jerk reaction to preseason games but he's inching up my board.

• Like 1