Trench Mob

Bam Adebayo 2019-2020 Outlook

I can see the concerns about minutes limiting his upside, but I just don't see the big downsides to getting this guy in the 4th or 5th. I think it's the projected 2+ assists that will really buoy his value and vault him ahead of the pack. I tried finding some kinda similar-ish guys who got more than 2 assists and I think Bam's season has a decent floor.

Al Horford 5 years ago averaged 15 pts 7 reb 3.2 ast 0.9 stl and 1.3 blks and finished 17th overall per BBM.

Gorgui Dieng averaged 10 pts 7-8 reb ~2 ast, ~1.1 stls and ~1.2+ blocks for 3 straight seasons, and he was ranked 49, 52, & 53 those seasons. I think Bam will match that and be better.

Greg Monroe had a 15 pt 9 reb 2.3 ast season with 0.9 blk 0.8 stl, finished 43rd overall.

Jokic in his rookie season averaged 10 pts 7 reb 2.4 ast 1 stl 0.6 blk and finished 65th.

Centers who are efficient and can pass the ball have pretty high floors I think. Assuming you tweak some numbers in scoring, rebounding, and assuming Bam's assists are real, I think his floor is pretty darn promising even if he never averages over 14 pts and 8 rebounds, as long as he's getting those good assists. But his potential to do more than that and improvoe as a 22-year old is what seals the deal for me. 

Take quotes with a grain of salt, but it's always fun to listen to what teammates and coaches have to say.

Quote from Dragic on Bam: 

“First off, he’s going to get more minutes, more exposure,” Dragic said. “He already got tested, and we know what he can do. He’s a great player, great screener, roll to the basket. He brings a lot of energy to the team and I feel like this year is going to be different. More minutes, more responsibility. Everybody feels like, including me, that he’s ready for this big step in his career.”

Quote from DJones:

“He’s a shooter,” Jones said. “Everybody should have known by now. He didn’t shoot them last year because that was something we didn’t need him to do at the time. But now the ball is going to be in Bam’s hands a little bit more, so Bam’s going to be shooting those shots.”

Now I'm not saying Bam is gonna start hitting 3s, but the team obviously expects him to take on a much bigger role with bigger offensive responsibilities. I'm in on him. 

• Like 5

Drafted him with the 85th pick today. Hope he can produce even more like he did Last season when Whiteside was out

1 hour ago, KB24MVP said:

Drafted him with the 85th pick today. Hope he can produce even more like he did Last season when Whiteside was out

If you're drafting him at 85, it's not a competitive league. 

• Like 4

It’s a point league in ESPN, I thought I overdrafted him...

Drafted him in 3 money leagues at 36, 61, and 66. I'm all in baby! NOBODY is coming for those minutes. He's going to get more and more beastly as the season progresses and feaaaast nomnomnom

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ROTY said:

Drafted him in 3 money leagues at 36, 61, and 66. I'm all in baby! NOBODY is coming for those minutes. He's going to get more and more beastly as the season progresses and feaaaast nomnomnom

what about Olynik and Leonard?!

49 minutes ago, ROTY said:

Thats extremely high. Category leagues i take it?

1 hour ago, KB24MVP said:

what about Olynik and Leonard?!

Olynk is starting at PF which they are thin at. Leonard? Hell no! Bam is already better than both those two and will only get better this season. What I'm saying is that he aint losing that spot at the 5. Not. A. Chance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dominator83 said:

Thats extremely high. Category leagues i take it?

Yep most cats.

Are you meaning high as in late or early? Some people interchange the term 

Just now, ROTY said:

Yep most cats.

Are you meaning high as in late or early? Some people interchange the term 

Very early imo. But I play in points leagues. I can see him being a bigger deal in category leagues. 

3 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

Very early imo. But I play in points leagues. I can see him being a bigger deal in category leagues. 

I'd be surprised if he didnt finish top 50. I think taking him after 40 ia fine.

12 minutes ago, ROTY said:

Olynk is starting at PF which they are thin at. Leonard? Hell no! Bam is already better than both those two and will only get better this season. What I'm saying is that he aint losing that spot at the 5. Not. A. Chance.

I’d hope so as well of course, talentwise he should have gotten the job last year over Whiteside already and I just hope for something like 15/9/2.5 with 1.7 stocks and good percentages overall, then it would already been a good pick

• Like 2

How does Bam compare to Thomas Bryant - another young big with an opportunity this year?

3 minutes ago, chimera said:

How does Bam compare to Thomas Bryant - another young big with an opportunity this year?

I prefer Bryant. Pretty even to be honest though, depending totally on one factor... do you need steals from your big or 3s? Bryant will get you more 3s and adebayo will get you more steals. I think Bryant will outdo adebayo in blocks by a little. That ones a tough call though. 

6 minutes ago, chimera said:

Bam gives you more out of position assists and steals, thats why hes so valuable. no 3s though. Bryant will get more points and 3s. 

Thanks for the great points.  I think both are gonna have big years but they likely will go at the same time and I wont get a chance to nab both.  I'll see what I need during the draft.

Bryant will be asked to do more on that depleted roster, while Bam’s role is pretty clear and more experienced in playing up to his strength. I still take Bam a little higher than Bryant based on consistency. 

Spo did his usual routine with the minutes distribution in our dress rehearsal. Don't be dissapointed if his minutes doesn't eclipse 30+. He should still be a beast.

20 minutes ago, Hyperize said:

Would you reach for him over someone like lma/jjj? 

I dont think its a reach anymore. 

7 hours ago, Hyperize said:

Would you reach for him over someone like lma/jjj? 

Reach? Bam is ranked 25 overall on BBM and lma/jjj are ranked in the mid 40s. 

When my fourth round came up, there was one pick to go before my pick, Bam was down the board about 7 8 spots because of yahoos old rank from last year, I was holding the top of my shirt in a knot and hiding my face, when he got taken before me I actually yelled out NO! .. Thomas Bryant isn’t a bad consolation prize, but I was pretty devastated.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lifschitz said:

When my fourth round came up, there was one pick to go before my pick, Bam was down the board about 7 8 spots because of yahoos old rank from last year, I was holding the top of my shirt in a knot and hiding my face, when he got taken before me I actually yelled out NO! .. Thomas Bryant isn’t a bad consolation prize, but I was pretty devastated.

I snagged both of them in auction. I'm so excited for these two to beast it this season.