sjm76

Tyrell Williams 2019 Outlook

13 hours ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

So now he’s Jerry Rice.

The Packers helmet suits you, sir.

It looks like you tried to explain it to yourself like you’re 5, but ultimately failed.

14 minutes ago, blazehound said:

Someone will have to catch the 4000 yards or so of passing offense. Williams and Waller are my guesses to be the benefactors. As a couple of WW pickups, who can complain? These guys aren’t making or breaking your roster but can be great depth or trade pieces.

Sure.  If you’ve got the bench space and are looking for a lotto ticket.  But three and outs and no TDs won’t help in fantasy.  This is an offense to avoid if you’ve got other options 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lla887 said:

Sure.  If you’ve got the bench space and are looking for a lotto ticket.  But three and outs and no TDs won’t help in fantasy.  This is an offense to avoid if you’ve got other options 

Harris will be on Tyrell like white on rice. With safety help.  

Watch for JJ, Hunter, Ateman to get some looks to relieve the pressure.    

Waller could eat against a suspect LB core. 

On 9/8/2019 at 6:48 AM, Impreza178 said:

Very encouraging performance with a negative game script he could put up bigger numbers 

• Like 3

This guy is clearly out to prove he's more than 'just a deep threat.' Works hard, already has chemistry with Carr. Has the makings of a top 20 wr and draft day steal.

Talent needs opportunity for fantasy production - he was clearly miscast on the Chargers and took a backseat career wise to the Rivers-KA/Gates connections. See Mike Williams, in the present.

• Like 1

Drafted Tyreek Hill as my stud WR and then basically just safe floor WR3 types later on. Wasn't happy with my WR depth so I took a flyer on Tyrell Williams when AB was theoretically still a Raider. 24 hours later AB was a Patriot. After the 1st game it looks like Tyrell Williams could potentially dampen the loss of Tyreek Hill and return good WR2 value. If it wasn't for this lucky find, my season would basically be over with Tyreek Hill being the stud WR I banked on. Savior!

• Like 3

On 9/8/2019 at 6:31 AM, lla887 said:

At least this was typed with a lot of authority. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

At least this was typed with a lot of authority. 

Raiders looked good.  What can I say.  It was fun to watch

1 hour ago, frog34 said:

Drafted Tyreek Hill as my stud WR and then basically just safe floor WR3 types later on. Wasn't happy with my WR depth so I took a flyer on Tyrell Williams when AB was theoretically still a Raider. 24 hours later AB was a Patriot. After the 1st game it looks like Tyrell Williams could potentially dampen the loss of Tyreek Hill and return good WR2 value. If it wasn't for this lucky find, my season would basically be over with Tyreek Hill being the stud WR I banked on. Savior!

I'm pretty much in the same boat. But I drafted in the 13th round. Hopefully he continues to perform. Trying to be optimistic even though the raiders are looking like a run first team.

As an AB owner I picked him up off of waivers when all the suspension talk started and had to start him this week with AB out.  I love it when I get a 2 for 1 for free.  He looked really good and the Raiders offense looked good as a whole.

On 9/8/2019 at 7:48 AM, Impreza178 said:

Half right, genius

Waller is a start next week vs KC.   Throw throw throw!!

2 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

Half right, genius

Waller is a start next week vs KC.   Throw throw throw!!

1. I love the excitement over in the Waller thread. He's legit, no doubt, but a large part of the reason he beasted early in the game was because DEN had their eyes on Tyrell. That touchdown (for his first look of the game) was a thing of beauty.
  3. Going to be a fun season. Congrats to those who had faith early.
  • Like 2

KC next week, big scoring day for all! Gotta play Tyrell. A 6th round rookie qb was lighting up the Chiefs secondary this week, and Foles before that. The Raiders really have only two receiving options: Williams and Waller. This has to be a must start.

Guy looked good. Contested catches and nice routes. It'll all come down to whether Carr can hold it together, but looks like a steal so far. 

10 hours ago, the Ghost of Joe Webb said:

This guy is clearly out to prove he's more than 'just a deep threat.' ...

He was never just a deep threat though.  He was a true WR1 when he had to be in SD the year Allen was out.  He was primarily the deep threat because Keenan Allen was SD/LAC's WR1 and doesn't do a lot of that deep work, plus they use the tight ends and the RBs in the passing game.  So by default Williams got more deep routes (and he's good at them).  But Tyrell Williams is no Ted Ginn type.  He's a good player.

• Like 2

Really liked this guy and drafted him even before the whole AB drama to New England. He is going to be a breakout WR this year and a High WR2.

It's utterly criminal this dude is available in more than 1/3 of leagues. Figured he'd be scooped up immediately after the AB news

Edited by WaiverLooter

1 hour ago, KennyWoo said:

He was never just a deep threat though.  He was a true WR1 when he had to be in SD the year Allen was out.  He was primarily the deep threat because Keenan Allen was SD/LAC's WR1 and doesn't do a lot of that deep work, plus they use the tight ends and the RBs in the passing game.  So by default Williams got more deep routes (and he's good at them).  But Tyrell Williams is no Ted Ginn type.  He's a good player.

When it comes to tyrell, the cynics (like me) will have to see it to believe it. 

But in the short term, its Derek Carr's composure and accuracy that makes Tyrell's outlook so encouraging. At least based on yesterday's game. Good QBs elevate receivers. If Carr and the offense continue to play at that level, Tyrell will put up the numbers.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

When it comes to tyrell, the cynics (like me) will have to see it to believe it. 

But in the short term, its Derek Carr's composure and accuracy that makes Tyrell's outlook so encouraging. At least based on yesterday's game. Good QBs elevate receivers. If Carr and the offense continue to play at that level, Tyrell will put up the numbers.

Well said.  

He has talent...but is no true wr1. Carr had something like 4 incompletions all game.    His accuracy is tremendous when he’s on.  Everything was working at home and this team was fired up.  

I had flashbacks to last season when when the Raiders stomped the Rams for a half.   Degree of skepticism probably wise with this whole team.        

Edited by Impreza178

1 minute ago, Impreza178 said:

Well said.  

He has talent...but is no true wr1. Carr had something like 4 incompletions all game.    His accuracy is tremendous when he’s on.  Everything was working at home and this team was fired up.  

I had flashbacks to last season when when the Raiders stomped the Rams week 1.   Degree of skepticism probably wise with this whole team.        

Rams won that game pretty easily.

10 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Rams won that game pretty easily.

Yep- Meant the first half.   Carr was something like 22/26 with the lead at that point.   He can be very accurate on his better days.