bomont

Cam Newton 2019 Outlook

Surprised there's no thread. Rehab seems to be going OK but who knows. Where does he fit in your QB rankings?  I don't have him near the bottom but the injury thing probably means he might as well be. Might take a chance if he's still around late in the draft

Posted (edited)

In 1QB leagues I might consider him in the 9th or 10th (looks like his ADP is currently 9.03 in 12 team leagues), knowing that I can cut my losses if the injury lingers. 

I’m probably out on him in 2QB leagues where I want safety from any QB that I take early, unless he’s clearly over the injury come end of August. His ADP is currently 4.09 in 2QB leagues.

Edited by gufomel

The Charlotte Observer calls the "return of Cam Newton's deep ball" the "biggest surprise" of Panthers camp.

Per reporter Brendan Marks, 30-year-old Newton has made a "quick turnaround" after he was noticeably wincing on deep attempts late last season. The return of Newton's deep ball would be well timed with both D.J. Moore and Curtis Samuel looking like 2019 breakout candidates. Currently being drafted as a bottom-barrel QB1, Newton could be a title-winning pick in re-draft leagues.

Great, go ahead and tell everyone.....

Not touching you, Cam

reckless.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jstep13 said:

Not touching you, Cam

reckless.jpg

lol, to each their own, but I have no problem taking him at the 9/10 turn, massive upside that late with great camp reports on both Moore & Samuels.

• Like 1

As long as reports keep coming out that he's healthy I'm targeting him as my QB everywhere.  Great value at his current ADP.  Since 2012 he's been QB4, QB3, QB17 (14 games), QB1, QB17 (15 games), and QB2.  Only 14 games last year and he was still QB12.

Cam is a great fantasy QB who provides a nice floor from his rushing yards and you can bank on a handful of rushing TDs every year.  Cam and Wentz are my 2 favorite QB targets this year. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Fort4242 said:

As long as reports keep coming out that he's healthy I'm targeting him as my QB everywhere.  Great value at his current ADP.  Since 2012 he's been QB4, QB3, QB17 (14 games), QB1, QB17 (15 games), and QB2.  Only 14 games last year and he was still QB12.

Cam is a great fantasy QB who provides a nice floor from his rushing yards and you can bank on a handful of rushing TDs every year.  Cam and Wentz are my 2 favorite QB targets this year. 

Yup.  I like him too.  Especially If you can get him in the late rounds.  He’s my target QB in drafts right now too.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, lla887 said:

Yup.  I like him too.  Especially If you can get him in the late rounds.  He’s my target QB in drafts right now too.  

Most dynamic group of WR he's ever had, an elite RB who is elite because of his pass catching skills and an ADP in 90s. Sign me up!

• Like 2

And the best part is....if you miss out on him, QB is so damn deep, it really doesn't matter!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wideopen21 said:

Most dynamic group of WR he's ever had, an elite RB who is elite because of his pass catching skills and an ADP in 90s. Sign me up!

This. He's a slam dunk if he's healthy. Probably some of the best weapons surrounding him on offense in his career. 

QB is ridiculously deep.  In my 1QB league, I am strongly considering waiting until the 14th to pick my QB, right before kicker and defense.  Definitely not rostering 2 QB's.  Would rather take another sleeper.  Use the waiver wire.

Literally all the signs are there for a top-3 finish. Ascending receivers, McCaffrey, Olsen still there to help.

And pencil in 400 rushing yards.

Posted (edited)

A few weeks ago I was targeting Wentz everywhere. However, I'm liking what I'm seeing and hearing about Cam. A 9th round ADP is a steal and what I like about him is you can get him late and you wont have to worry about getting a backup/streamer at QB. There's really no cap on Cam's potential. IF he is fully healthy and returns to the old Cam, the value that you are getting out of that pick at the QB position is what wins championships. 

In mocks, he's slipping everywhere but judging by the excitement in this thread, I hope that his value doesn't increase and cause his price to raise in the next week or two lol.

1 hour ago, Mr.Joshua said:

And the best part is....if you miss out on him, QB is so damn deep, it really doesn't matter!

Good point. Although, I don't think that guys later can offer the league winning upside of Cam. But definitely, there is a ton of value later on. Just some of the guys you may have to get a 2nd QB "just in case" as protection.

Edited by nonstopfan

damn, all this positive news is going to drive the price up and push him to not drafting territory

• Like 1

I've always thought of Cam Newton as a real-life bum as a QB but it appears he may be falling down draft boards enough to make him draftable this season.  Currently the 11th QB being drafted according to ADP.  

• Like 2

He looked like an 80 year old man out there before he was even hurt.  Hard pass. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, dannyz6969 said:

^ if thats the case... Cmc, moore, and samuel's stock down  as well?

He looked bad.... like old man slow. CMC? not so much, Moore and Samuel? Most likely 

2 minutes ago, dannyz6969 said:

^ if thats the case... Cmc, moore, and samuel's stock down  as well?

CMC looked awesome

18 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

He looked like an 80 year old man out there before he was even hurt.  Hard pass.

Honestly looked precautionary because of it just being preseason. Didn't haven't much of a limp... Could walk under his own power.

His speed could very well be the result of a tweaked ankle... That they didn't want to make worse.