bomont

Cam Newton 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, itschief33 said:

Except he did have all those weapons last season. When he finished as QB13 in my league. His value always has and always will be from his rushing ability. If he comes back fully healthy and is mobile, there is absolutely upside. That’s a pretty big “if”

He was banged up last season, and didnt have the full compliment of weapons - Samuel was injured for half the season.  If you look at his stats he finished 3pts behind the QB10. So I don't get all the hate about him not producing.  He's never gonna be Brady in term of accuracy, but you could do a lot worse if he comes back fully healthy.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheINC said:

He was banged up last season, and didnt have the full compliment of weapons - Samuel was injured for half the season.  If you look at his stats he finished 3pts behind the QB10. So I don't get all the hate about him not producing.  He's never gonna be Brady in term of accuracy, but you could do a lot worse if he comes back fully healthy.

I don’t care about his accuracy. Like I said, his value never came from being an accurate QB. I agree if he comes back fully healthy you could do worse. But fully healthy to me, includes running the football a fair amount.

4 hours ago, jeremyt7 said:

Allen hasn’t been all that great.... def and cmc saving his tail. Panthers should give Cam the opportunity he deserves it, then after a few games proceed accordingly. 

True, but Allen has won. Something Cam with the same CMC and DEF hasn't done.  I think Cam is a better QB, if he can retain some of his running ability.  That's the big question, if he can't run like he is used to he's pretty much a bottom 10 QB in the league.  

I think they turn it over to Cam, but if they lose 1 or 2 games and he had a bad game, going back to Allen is a real possibility.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, murraygd13 said:

True, but Allen has won. Something Cam with the same CMC and DEF hasn't done.  I think Cam is a better QB, if he can retain some of his running ability.  That's the big question, if he can't run like he is used to he's pretty much a bottom 10 QB in the league.  

I think they turn it over to Cam, but if they lose 1 or 2 games and he had a bad game, going back to Allen is a real possibility.

I agree if they give the reins back to cam and he doesn’t perform well/they start to lose after a few bad showings, it’s justified to pull the plug and give it back to Kyle. But cam def deserves a shot to show he’s back healthy and ready to roll. A healthy cam is a much better option than Kyle. His ceiling is tremendous with this offense if he’s back to full strength. The defense has been bailing out Kyle they can do the same for cam. Imagine trying to stop a cam that can run and cmc. Best backfield 

Edited by jeremyt7
  • Like 1

The talking heads on one of these goofball pre-game shows disagree. Not that that means anything necessarily... but trading/cutting him saves a LOT of money and Allen looks promising. I wouldn't be so sure they wouldn't let go an inaccurate, injury-prone QB. But who picks him up and takes a chance?  

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 4:45 AM, jeremyt7 said:

Cam would do the Denver Broncos wonders. 

As a Courtland Sutton owner, hell no. Keep this pile of garbage away from any of my WRs.

I respect everyone’s opinions and perceptions (usually).

Nevertheless, I’m truly lost on how anyone is debating Allen is better than Newton.

Allen has done what a backup QB is supposed to do when the starter is gone.  He’s kept the team afloat.

The pass game hasn’t looked all that better than when Cam was playing hurt.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, joebaker23 said:

Let’s say Kyle Allen goes to San Fran and loses, do we see Cam week 9?

If he is fully healthy the answer is yes. 

• Like 1

Yep.

So, now that you all have come back to Earth from all of that “Kyle Allen noise,” what say you all on Cam’s projection/play moving forward?

2 minutes ago, nn4mz said:

Yep.

So, now that you all have come back to Earth from all of that “Kyle Allen noise,” what say you all on Cam’s projection/play moving forward?

Scam is still garbage. Are players not allowed to have one bad game? You think Scam Newton would be doing better right now? 

Newton is washed up, doesn't care, doesn't run anymore, and has a terrible arm. He's done. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Scam is still garbage. Are players not allowed to have one bad game? You think Scam Newton would be doing better right now? 

Newton is washed up, doesn't care, doesn't run anymore, and has a terrible arm. He's done. 

Thanks for your wonderfully constructive addition to this discussion.

• Haha 2

If Cam does come back next week, and his schedule wouldnt be that bad at all. I think he could be a decent play weekly, like a better version of Josh Allen

Edited by noles1983

3 minutes ago, noles1983 said:

If Cam does come back next week, he gets the Bucs, and his schedule wouldnt be that bad at all, gets the Bucs again later in the year too. I think he could be a decent play weekly, like a better version of Josh Allen

You might be reading the wrong player’s schedule. 
Carolina plates Tennessee next week. 
They don’t play the Bucs at all anymore, they’ve already played them twice. 

• Like 1

Just now, UVA_Drew said:

You might be reading the wrong player’s schedule. 
Carolina plates Tennessee next week. 
They don’t play the Bucs at all anymore, they’ve already played them twice. 

ohhh i guess i was, nevermind lol. Still, schedule doesnt look terrible (now that i look at the real one)

Edited by noles1983
  • Like 1