bomont

Cam Newton 2019 Outlook

I would think if Cam has a major injury CMC stock would go up even more than it already is which is already high.

46 minutes ago, CawCaw said:

I would think if Cam has a major injury CMC stock would go up even more than it already is which is already high.

I don't know. Who is his backup? Tough to pick up yards when you're going 3 and out all the time. 

21 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

I don't know. Who is his backup? Tough to pick up yards when you're going 3 and out all the time. 

Will Grier would probably be next man up.  I think he *could* be a completely suitable QB who makes Cam (and his enormous contract) expendable when he's a FA after 2020.  Doesn't mean he's going to be the next Russell Wilson and lead them to the Super Bowl or anything but he's not going to be a disaster like Geno Smith or somebody either.  In the "bold predictions" thread I actually said he could be OROY before the draft happened.  Still bold but with Cam potentially on the shelf it's no longer a pipe dream.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

I agree. Cam opens up a lot for the offense because of his versatility. That can't be easily replaced. Cam is one of the best QB's in the league when healthy. This will hurt the offense.

3 minutes ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

Will Grier worth an add?

Maybe in 2QB/superflex leagues 

1 hour ago, CawCaw said:

Defenses will just focus CMC every play. Having a capable QB gets u into red zone and sustains drives. A major injury to Cam will 100% lower his stock.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

Will Grier worth an add?

Physical comps and college stats remind me of Nick Mullens.  Of course if Grier got the gig he'd have a lot more weapons than Mullens did last year.  I think peak Andy Dalton is probably his ceiling this year but that's not bad from a guy you'd get from the WW scrap heap, although his floor is obviously clipboard holder or worse yet Nathan Peterman level stats.  Certainly worth a spec add in 2QB or SuperFlex leagues if your QB2 or QB3 is trash. 

3 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

CMC just went from 1st overall pick to the 8-10th pick in the first round. Thanks Cam!

I wish, don't think he drops that far.

4 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

I wish, don't think he drops that far.

IDK since LT Greg Little got a concussion and was removed also.  Losing your 1st string guys at a couple of the most important positions on the offense is hardly a good thing for CMC. 

1 minute ago, fruitjacket said:

Cam is fine.  It's a nothing burger.

Source?  He was in a walking boot leaving the locker room.

1 minute ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Watch the play.  He didn't get hurt.  JFC.

1 minute ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Guys are put in walking boots and are back in week..... or out for months. No one knows anything yet..

Posted (edited)

Sprain in his left foot.

"Source says that, after x-rays, Panthers QB Cam Newton was diagnosed with a sprain in his left foot. Team will know more tomorrow."

Edited by FFCollusion

7 minutes ago, Rosenburger said:

Lots of over reaction here

even if it's not serious right now it will get worst because he doesn't eat meat, his body is soft as butter now 

2 hours ago, CawCaw said:

Does it really need to be stated that offensive production goes down when a team loses their starting QB? 

Just now, disasterisk said:

Does it really need to be stated that offensive production goes down when a team loses their starting QB? 

What if the backup QB is really good?

2 hours ago, ponza88 said:

Honestly looked precautionary because of it just being preseason. Didn't haven't much of a limp... Could walk under his own power.

His speed could very well be the result of a tweaked ankle... That they didn't want to make worse.

*Cough* ... I learned, my first year of Rotoworld, to not overreact.