bomont

Cam Newton 2019 Outlook

20 hours ago, TTo34 said:

Well somehow I ended up here.  I'm not typically a Cam fan, but he seems to have quite a few weapons available this year.  Here's to us and a successful year.

BSmdfyn.gif

16 minutes ago, jkgeezy said:

Lol. My exact situation, could not have put it any better. Cheers!

Me too!  Missed on Watson and ARod, so I waited a bit longer and took Cam in the 9th. 

13 hours ago, y2jbones said:

He’s coming at a huge discount this year. I was able to draft him as my QB2 in the 12th round. He’s a good matchup play to use with another low-end top 12 QB. 

Same here. My draft was on the Saturday right after him getting hurt two days earlier. Grabbed him in the 12th or 13th to pair with Wilson

On 9/3/2019 at 6:16 PM, TTo34 said:

Well somehow I ended up here.  I'm not typically a Cam fan, but he seems to have quite a few weapons available this year.  Here's to us and a successful year.

BSmdfyn.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Clearly a drop in all leagues. He is the worst scoring qb in the league now. Dead last in scoring last week as even backups like Robert griffin the third out scored him. 

Easiest drop you can make right now as every other qb is better than him

Edited by Dr. Whom
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

That’s a pretty insane overreaction based on a one week sample size. Definitely burned folks that started him but have to figure brighter days are ahead.

Just now, kidsgotsoul said:

That’s a pretty insane overreaction based on a one week sample size. Definitely burned folks that started him but have to figure brighter days are ahead.

Like he gets 7 fantasy points instead of 5?  You have got to think in most leagues there is a better option on the wire than Newton.  I’m dropping 

Gardner Minshew HERE I COME!!!!!!!!  Honestly, I'm giving Cam some more time.  Got the win without him anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cam better starts targeting my Samuel instead of that fumbling kid DJ Moore.

zell5fnin2oack9ostuc.png

Should be instant drop for that outfit alone!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

This year same story as last for me...   Scam falls mad rounds again and I take him once more hoping all the summer puff pieces about his health and his weapons would pan out...

"No brainer qb1 this week vs Rams"

"Return to top 5 status this year"

I used mega herb Winston over Newton this week and it was STILL actually the right move..

Newton isn't learning a new system and he does have weapons..

He has just been overrated of late & I read jarring things like -

"Cam is a readable guy," said Rams linebacker Cory Littleton,

was held to a career-low minus-2 yards rushing.

Newton didn't complete a pass of longer than 17 yards

Newton had a costly helmet malfunction on a third-and-7 play in the first quarter after the Panthers had returned to the field following a timeout. That resulted in a delay of game.

First how did they not have the play & the audible figured out during the timeout, and 2nd does anyone think a longtime nfl starting qb worth banking on wouldn't just call a play he favors to try & pick up the first instead of waiting too long like a rookie or scrub?

Now the Rams traveling cross country to play didn't matter as much in a fresh week 1 so maybe it was over stated a bit and the Talib factor killed Cam again so there is a glimmer of hope it was a terrible one off performance...

There will no doubt be better days, but the threat of a repeat of yesterday is also too on the table for many of us to think Scam is worth counting on most weeks..

Edited by General Gannicus

Well I played Cam over Dak. So I obviously know nothing about FF but...

I will give Cam one more week before dropping him. My main concern like already mentioned is his lack of running. I think we all agree he is never a 300 yard 3 td guy but 200 and 2 tds with his legs was manageable. If he will no longer run, I think we can no longer start him. 

I only upset with myself. I shouldn't have drafted a dude who put that much time into wearing clothes that look that stupid. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, lolcopter said:

Bucs are going to eat him alive, hard pass

He usually racks up a good amount of points versus the Bucs. Coming off a short week I think the odds are in the Panthers offense favor to do some damage. Especially if Cam decides it's time to run with the ball. 

Drafted Cam as my only QB in one of my leagues (similar story as others, he fell to the 14th round for me, felt like I had to scoop). I'm not cutting bait just yet but I did buy low on Baker Mayfield. Think you gotta at least start getting back up plans in order if you own this guy. 

2 hours ago, '71 Bucks said:

Drafted Cam as my only QB in one of my leagues (similar story as others, he fell to the 14th round for me, felt like I had to scoop). I'm not cutting bait just yet but I did buy low on Baker Mayfield. Think you gotta at least start getting back up plans in order if you own this guy. 

After we see this week vs TB if he struggles again i will agree whole heartedly 

Lol people are blaming cam for a helmet malfunction? What’s next, the sound cuts off on the broadcast and it’s cams doing? 

As a panthers fan and cam owner I’m a little concerned for the short term. Seems cam has some sort of mental obstacle in regards to throwing deep. He used to be a great deep ball thrower and after the shoulder injuries his confidence has clearly taken a hit. I expect this problem to disappear as the season progresses. His lack of running was most likely do to the foot injury, nbd. If you lost your week 1 matchup, that’s on you, not cam. I won  np, get gud 

Edited by Panthers8912
  • Haha 1

On 9/11/2019 at 12:49 AM, yahyahtrick said:

Benched for old man Rivers until he shows me something 

Same situation and just flipped it back to Cam because of health of pass catchers in SD. But still not sure. Thought I was getting great value drafting both super late but it's already a headache.

Edited by MrArmageddon
Updated

6 minutes ago, MrArmageddon said:

Same situation and just flipped it back to Cam because of health of pass catchers in SD. But still not sure. Thought I was getting great value drafting both super late but it's already a headache.

Tbh one of my main reasons is that I have 2 other players in the game tonight and wanted to hedge my bets a bit. I'm still debating on switching or dropping Rivers for Stafford

what are the chances his arm is rusty and needs a couple of weeks to get in the groove of things like luck last year?

and 2) what are the chances the panthers drop the next 2 games and the fans and media start calling for Grier? 

He's old, his arm is shot, and he can't/doesn't run anymore. Dropping this turd like a bad habit.

• Like 1

I'm tempted to give him to the bye week to see what happens. He's started slowly before. Mind you, I can afford to as he's been on my bench behind Lamar. If you're rolling him out as your QB in a smaller league I would be very tempted to cut bait. If he can't do anything against Arizona next week it doesn't look good .

Overthought the "value pick" and got burned, so I'm dropping and not looking back. Here's what I wrote to my league mates following Thursday's game: 

Cam

by Cal Jammers Sep 13, 2019 12:43 pm ET

8470BC60-D645-11E9-A90A-E0EB9F163D3B-540x287.jpg?max_width=620

So, I'm dropping Cam Newton during the next waiver period, not only because he sucks absolute balls, but also for the fact he dressed like a Polish babushka from 1962 following the game. (He is not fun, and he is not funny.) I wish I could drop him now, but CBS doesn't allow this until the next period. (I'd drop him even if it meant a zero from him, just so I don't have to look at his stupid name and point total on my scoreboard any more.) If for some reason you'd want this useless POS as your backup QB and don't want to go through waivers next week, make me an offer for a mid-range kicker or a middling defense. (that's right, I will take a kicker for my starting QB.) It won't go through till next week, so take your time, but know I'll be separating from his broke *ss in some fashion next week, and you can have him basically free either way.
BTW, Cam has zero TDs, one INT, one fumble, and -2 yards rushing this season, so if there's no offers, it will be very understandable ...

I held back in a lot of ways. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4