bomont

Cam Newton 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Stick a fork in this terd. Finally CAR can try and find a legit NFL QB that can throw a football and make the players viable in FF.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27715653/cam-newton-carolina-panthers-says-hid-extent-foot-injury-rush-back

 

Unbelievable. I don’t have any stocks in Newton this year, but isn’t hiding a serious injury that could be a violation in his contract somewhere? Especially for gamblers that have money in the Carolina games. And let’s be honest here, fantasy footballers and sports gamblers probably made up more than 75% of NFL fans. 

 

I honestly think if Kyle Allen continue to doing great then Newton probably will be useless for redraft leagues and his days as Panthers starting QB might be in serious danger. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty sure he’s not physically injured at all, just sucks and/or is depressed/has no motivation to play, and this is the best way to go about benching him without revealing too much personal life stuff.

Wasn’t hard to see that he was not right mentally.

Edited by MJJ28
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can’t believe this guys stock has plummeted so quickly. Still only 30 years old. Was MVP and on top of the world just a few years ago.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like(d) Cam but, that was pretty stupid of him to post that video admitting he hid the seriousness of his injury.  A selfish move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So now the guy is making excuses.  If you're injured, how are you going to help your team to the best of your ability?  What an idiot.  Buh bye.  I hope they release you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reason why his nickname is no longer Superman, and the much preferred Scam Newton

Dude grew an ego thinking he was one of the best QB's when it was just his legs carrying him. Now that he can't run anymore and he has to throw, it's been proven he's trash. Proof was his garbage play in the super bowl and unwillingness to recover a fumble because he's too dainty. 

Edited by oliminator123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Reason why his nickname is no longer Superman, and the much preferred Scam Newton

Dude grew an ego thinking he was one of the best QB's when it was just his legs carrying him. Now that he can't run anymore and he has to throw, it's been proven he's trash. Proof was his garbage play in the super bowl and unwillingness to recover a fumble because he's too dainty. 

Ah yes, yet another reason why I have always always despised this dude.  That lack of effort on that fumble was weak sauce.  Further proof that he has ALWAYS put himself above his team.  I hope he's out of the league. I know that won't happen, but I hope he is a clipboard holder for the rest of his miserable career.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So what do people expect ROS?

[...] 

Is he coming back before the bye? after the bye? Not this year?

Does Allen run with the job majority of the season?

[...] 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Spina said:

So what do people expect ROS?

[...] 

Is he coming back before the bye? after the bye? Not this year?

Does Allen run with the job majority of the season?

[...] 

 

I think if Allen does well the next game or games then there is no reason to put Newton back in. Maybe they will be forced to put him back in once Newton sees that his job is slipping away and claim that he is healthy and ready to play again. But if...when...he can’t get the offense moving then they will have to sit him for good. 

 

The league will eventually get enough of Kyle Allen’s tapes to game plan for him. Until then though, his next 2 starts going to be career defining for Allen and Panthers franchise. 

I think he, Newton, is a drop in redraft leagues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cam describes it as "mild," but Liz Franc doesn't strike me as the type of girl who is into casual relationships.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Anyone see his moment of clarity vid on youtube? Cam seems defeated mentally as well, I dont expect him back for a bit. "It's one thing to have the ability to run and don't, then to have the opportunities to run and can't" - Cam Newton

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/scott-fowler/article235571737.html

Edited by DezedandConfused

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imma Panthers fan and can confidently say he’s done. It’s over, but it’s gonna be ok.

Had a great near decade with the team and made Carolina relevant again. He’s been hit a lot and he can’t be Cam without his own style of QB play. His shoulder is still messed up, however it’s being overshadowed by the foot injury. His contract situation also makes cutting him at the end of the season unfortunately a no brainer.

On top of all this he’s dealing with some off the field distractions. He’s expecting child #4 from his “girlfriend”. I say this because Cam is rumored to have a child with another woman on the way as well. 

It’s been real #1. But the franchise is gonna turn to someone else now.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TwoCan Sam said:

Imma Panthers fan and can confidently say he’s done. It’s over, but it’s gonna be ok.

Had a great near decade with the team and made Carolina relevant again. He’s been hit a lot and he can’t be Cam without his own style of QB play. His shoulder is still messed up, however it’s being overshadowed by the foot injury. His contract situation also makes cutting him at the end of the season unfortunately a no brainer.

On top of all this he’s dealing with some off the field distractions. He’s expecting child #4 from his “girlfriend”. I say this because Cam is rumored to have a child with another woman on the way as well. 

It’s been real #1. But the franchise is gonna turn to someone else now.

 

That's very disappointing to hear. Since you seem to have a better grasp then non Panther fans I'll take your word for it. I kind of thought the shoulder was mangled but your right by its overshadowed by the foot injury. 

In my league we must own 2 QBs so I was hoping to pick him up as my backup but not after reading that lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So no more walking boot. I expect him to play after the bye week!

 

lets Go Cam, proof them all wrong!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...