Sign in to follow this  
ST. STEVEN

Jacoby Brissett 2019 Outlook

4 minutes ago, yahyahtrick said:

Any chance the Colts start opening up their offense a bit and let Brissett air it out more than he has? 

I haven’t watched full Colts games, but it seems like they still have him in more of a game manager role. 

Depends if they start winning or start losing IMO

Edited by oliminator123

Just now, oliminator123 said:

Depends if they start winning or starting losing IMO

Yeah makes sense. He’s only a few completions away from being very viable. If they start letting him throw and run more, he’ll turn into an every week starter. 

He's put up very solid numbers against stiff road competition. Now he comes home against two open matchups and then a game with KC. If he does well in these next two he's going to be all over the waiver wire articles.

Sidenote: he hasn't even throw for over 200 yards yet and is still putting up quality points. If they open it up things could get fun. Though his biggest strength is his efficiency.

Edited by kball09
  • Like 1

On 8/24/2019 at 10:45 PM, hard1 said:

I'd be shocked if he qb 1s more than 1 time this year...

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Andrew Luck last year through 4 games - 1126 yards, 9 TD, 3 INT, 9 carries for 53 yards.

Jacoby Brissett this year through 4 games - 911 yards, 10 TD, 2 INT, 18 carries for 57 yards.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Quietly the 6th overall quarterback in fantasy through the first quarter of the season. (according to my league settings) Easily starter material for the rest of the season. And as a Wentz owner considering how difficult the Eagles schedule is Brissett will most definitely be making more than a couple starts for my team. Particularly Weeks 7-11.

Heard some stats yesterday regarding QBs having a really tough time statistically AT Arrowhead so I may be fading him and using Jameis instead (*gulp*). But no matter what decision I made, looking forward to seeing Beef Brisskett in primetime.

I think it'll be tough but he can be started with confidence if you're in a bind. Lock for 15 pts- but make no mistake I think the colts will be down 21-0 again

On 10/3/2019 at 9:24 AM, kball09 said:

Heard some stats yesterday regarding QBs having a really tough time statistically AT Arrowhead so I may be fading him and using Jameis instead (*gulp*). But no matter what decision I made, looking forward to seeing Beef Brisskett in primetime.

The Arrowhead opponent QB stats worry me most and poss no TY are only things making me wince as I slide him.in over Dalton...

23 hours ago, DirtyBirdSA said:

The Arrowhead opponent QB stats worry me most and poss no TY are only things making me wince as I slide him.in over Dalton...

On 8/24/2019 at 9:45 PM, hard1 said:

I'd be shocked if he qb 1s more than 1 time this year...

Not picking on you man, this thread P1/2 is littered with stuff like this...I am wrong plenty and not victory lapping yet, but this dude can play ball and it is a perfect system for him...still think he has untapped potential with his legs too, just hasn't need to run much with this O-Line just dominating.

I reckon I could churn out a few yards running behind Quenton Nelson.

Jacoby is good. The system is better. Imagine what Luck would have done this year....

2 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

The amount of times this team throws on 1st and 10 makes me laugh. 

As a Mack owner, it makes me cry to see throws on 1st and goal from the 3. All is good and cute until they get Superbowl Seahawked at the goal line.

Edited by WaiverLooter
  • Haha 1

The fact that some sites (including this one) are still touting him as a streamer is adorable. The hardheadedness of some fantasy analysts is laughable on some occasions.

11 minutes ago, kball09 said:

The fact that some sites (including this one) are still touting him as a streamer is adorable. The hardheadedness of some fantasy analysts is laughable on some occasions.

he’s on pace for 313 fantasy points which would put him as the 8th ranked QB last year. 

Pretty sure the throwing TDS were by design as teams continue to load boxes against the conservative offense. I dropped him as I was searching for certain ceiling and really thought Texans would score more. Still think he's just a high floor guy which is better than most, but yeah I was wrong about him this week. Chiefs game looked like his floor but 

Down and clutching his knee in serious pain. Does not look good at all. 😮

On 10/21/2019 at 7:13 PM, WaiverLooter said:

As a Mack owner, it makes me cry to see throws on 1st and goal from the 3. All is good and cute until they get Superbowl Seahawked at the goal line.

I understand your thinking. But in the modern NFL you can't just pound the rock just because you have a top notch OL. You have to mix it up and keep defenses honest, especially in a situational offense like inside the 5. Defenses usually play the run very hard inside the 5. Odds are you won't get 3 yards. The most likely outcome is between a 1 yard gain and losing yardage. That's why some coaches prefer to throw it first inside the 5, even if we scream at our TVs. From the 1, passing is really limited. From the 3 or 5, you have at least some variety. If the pass is incomplete, you still have 2 or 3 downs to run it. When the defense on 2nd down again sells out against the run, most QBs will audible, and coaches will agree. On a run play you are always in danger of drawing a holding call, while on a pass play the most likely flag is a defense PI. That's just how it is. The Colts are actually a very run-heavy team and Mack owners should be happy.

Edited by frog34