sjm76

Sam Darnold 2019 Outlook

Just now, wideopen21 said:

I don't think Adams would effect that decision. I think trading Bell and Anderson might. 

Adams is the best asset on that list.  If you trade him you're going into full on tank mode, might as well pull your QB out for a run at the #1 pick.

2 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

Adams is the best asset on that list.  If you trade him you're going into full on tank mode, might as well pull your QB out for a run at the #1 pick.

If you have Bell/Anderson/Herndon/Crowder you can still develop Darnold this year.  Young QBs don't get better on the bench. They are facing the Skins/ Fish 2 times/Giants/Bengals next few weeks. It could be a chance for Darnold to have some nice games to boost his confidence heading into next year. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

If you have Bell/Anderson/Herndon/Crowder you can still develop Darnold this year.  Young QBs don't get better on the bench. They are facing the Skins/ Fish 2 times/Giants/Bengals next few weeks. It could be a chance for Darnold to have some nice games to boost his confidence heading into next year. 

I'm out of likes again, this is a good point.

I sort of weighed this too when I was talking about the Jets dumping everyone last week.  The Jets could easily win 6-7 games still, and Darnold could use the time to develop (I think he's started 17 or so games so far).  

On the other hand selling everything, tanking hard and getting the draft and cap room to put a real offense around Darnold in the long run should be the priority.  

Edited by Iron-cock

From a dynasty perspective, is this guy a franchise QB?  Is he someone that we should expect to become a QB1 and a regular starter for fantasy lineups?  I know he's extremely young and hasn't had the best cast to work with so far in his young career, but with new talent always coming in through the door I'm trying to figure out if this guy is a hold or not.  I have a young QB already in Josh Allen whose ability to run nets me a pretty decent floor, and with Darnold's lack of running it seems we're just trying to find out if he's going to be a great passing QB or not. 

1 minute ago, cizastro said:

From a dynasty perspective, is this guy a franchise QB?  Is he someone that we should expect to become a QB1 and a regular starter for fantasy lineups?  I know he's extremely young and hasn't had the best cast to work with so far in his young career, but with new talent always coming in through the door I'm trying to figure out if this guy is a hold or not.  I have a young QB already in Josh Allen whose ability to run nets me a pretty decent floor, and with Darnold's lack of running it seems we're just trying to find out if he's going to be a great passing QB or not. 

Yes franchise qb imo. He's playedbills, NE, and jags without an oline this year. Damn near worst three matchups he could draw

13 hours ago, cizastro said:

He is ok, but the organization is not.  He is getting the talent beat out of him at this point.    Plenty of guys came in with loads a talent and then did not have the O-line protection they needed in their first years.   I would look across the street at D Jones first. 

Great schedule but no confidence in him in those plus matchups. He looked great on that first drive then it was downhill. This guy reminds me of Jay Cutler but less aggressive

3 minutes ago, affliction said:

Great schedule but no confidence in him in those plus matchups. He looked great on that first drive then it was downhill. This guy reminds me of Jay Cutler but less aggressive

Not sure what Gase is trying to do, but he's succeeded at ruining Darnold's upside and career. As long as the Jets continue to employ Gase, hope will be lost for this kid.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

Not sure what Gase is trying to do, but he's succeeded at ruining Darnold's upside and career. As long as the Jets continue to employ Gase, hope will be lost for this kid.

Hey, he is starting his career better than Peyton and Aikmen. FUTURE HOF'ER IM STILL A BELIEVER!

(but that was rly ugly.)

Anyone holding? If he cant get it done against Miami, then I dunno. Maybe hold and play him when he's at home?

1 minute ago, Elcapitan said:

Anyone holding? If he cant get it done against Miami, then I dunno. Maybe hold and play him when he's at home?

Nah...he’s terrible. 

On 10/22/2019 at 10:48 AM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

will be out the leeg within 2 years ... you don't recover from that kinda debacle on the big stage ... don't think he has the cajones - oh, and the "I SEE GHOSTS!" hot mic moment dooms him to palookaville. 

/fin. 

im'ma double down on this 🙋‍♂️

Throw Gase and Nagy in the same terrible coaching boat along with Hue Jackson.  These guys all rode someone's coat tails to their own personal glory.  Just stinky coaches and they are ruining their teams/quarterbacks.  Gase should be let go.  Give Josh McDaniel this offense and you are looking at a top 10 offense...minimum

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

im'ma double down on this 🙋‍♂️

Give him the Dallas O line and receiving core and I bet you'd see Dak numbers. Hard to think ANY qb could thrive in this offense. 

1 minute ago, MSkibisky said:

Give him the Dallas O line and receiving core and I bet you'd see Dak numbers. Hard to think ANY qb could thrive in this offense. 

he's mentally shot, and i don't think he has the balls/stomach for the long haul ... his whhhhhiiiiifffff yesterday on the botched snap/safety was atrocious. 

out by 2021. 

7 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

he's mentally shot, and i don't think he has the balls/stomach for the long haul ... his whhhhhiiiiifffff yesterday on the botched snap/safety was atrocious. 

out by 2021. 

After that TERRIBLE no td call from Griffin, I was SCREAMING at my tv "THROW IT AWAY DONT LOB IT UP" ... picked off. 

Edited by MSkibisky
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think Darnold is a talent that will eventually turn it around.  However, he is still young and hell...look at his college stats - he was a turnover machine.  He should grow out of that under the right system. 

On 11/4/2019 at 10:29 AM, MSkibisky said:

They don't even need all that. Just fire Adam Gase

• Like 1

On 11/4/2019 at 1:40 PM, MSkibisky said:

After that TERRIBLE no td call from Griffin, I was SCREAMING at my tv "THROW IT AWAY DONT LOB IT UP" ... picked off. 

The Miami stadium playing the Ghostbusters theme after the pick was hilarious.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, dudewithabadcat said:

I think Darnold is a talent that will eventually turn it around.  However, he is still young and hell...look at his college stats - he was a turnover machine.  He should grow out of that under the right system. 

The problem is and I've said this for so many years, we don't have the personnel/staff to take a rookie QB to the next level. The johnsons are a f'ing disaster and we'll be drafting another QB by 2022.

• Like 1