sjm76

Sam Darnold 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Kramjam24 said:

I dont think I've ever heard of a pro athlete getting mono before 

 

I've never had Darnold on my roster before. There's a first time for everything, and it fairly often involved one or more of my players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jets have a Bye in week 4. Can we expect him back by week 6? Drafted him for the sole purpose of bye week filler and yet I might not even have him available by then. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ginocan said:

Jets have a Bye in week 4. Can we expect him back by week 6? Drafted him for the sole purpose of bye week filler and yet I might not even have him available by then. 

 

I mean aren't talking about a sprained ankle or something. This is a sickness and could be cleared up in a few weeks or take a few months. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ginocan said:

Jets have a Bye in week 4. Can we expect him back by week 6? Drafted him for the sole purpose of bye week filler and yet I might not even have him available by then. 

 

1 minute ago, TheDoctor said:

 

I mean aren't talking about a sprained ankle or something. This is a sickness and could be cleared up in a few weeks or take a few months. 

 

I like Darnold but if you have him solely as a Week 6 backup I would look elsewhere. It can take 3-4 weeks to get better and then he needs time to get back into shape. He has already lost about 5 pounds according to reports. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wow that sucks. I had mono in middle school. worst 2-3 weeks of my life. worse than having the flu. just didn't want to do anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

doesn't it enlarge your spleen? So if you come back too early and get hit and it ruptures, that would be life threatening?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought I had mono once for an entire year.  It turned out I was just really bored

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is the timeline of this illness? I'm wondering if he was sick during the game last week and if that was a contributing factor to his terrible performance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BrianM said:

I thought I had mono once for an entire year.  It turned out I was just really bored

spacer.png

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2019 at 8:06 AM, Kramjam24 said:

I dont think I've ever heard of a pro athlete getting mono before 

 

Jordan Spieth had it last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just so you guys know:

 

Darnold doesn't really have mono. That is a made up excuse.

They need a way to politely "bench" Darnold for a veteran QB to get trampled in the next 5 games versus the Browns, Patriots, Cowboys, Eagles, Pats. Darnold was also brutally bad against the Bills, leading his offense to 32nd in Yards Per Play.

Think about it: If Sam Darnold is the starting QB and goes 0-6, can u imagine what all the talk would be? "Jets messed up at QB again" "Mark Sanchez 2.0"

The Jets are clearly protecting Darnold by making up this whole mono BS.

Jets also made up the fake injury last season after his 4-INT singlehanded-lost-the-game performance versus the Dolphins, so Darnold could sit and watch a veteran QB run the offense. Rinse, and repeat, this time with Trevor Siemien.

 

Darnold is a Bust. Bad in Year 2, bad as a rookie, bad in his last year at USC. Most overrated player in the NFL, currently. So much hype for a player who has...never been good. 

Edited by abc12345
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, wendellrott said:

Somebody said that TMZ had videos of him and Gronk making out in a bar

 

That's Gronk's secret CTE cure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, abc12345 said:

Just so you guys know:

 

Darnold doesn't really have mono. That is a made up excuse.

They need a way to politely "bench" Darnold for a veteran QB to get trampled in the next 5 games versus the Browns, Patriots, Cowboys, Eagles, Pats. Darnold was also brutally bad against the Bills, leading his offense to 32nd in Yards Per Play.

Think about it: If Sam Darnold is the starting QB and goes 0-6, can u imagine what all the talk would be? "Jets messed up at QB again" "Mark Sanchez 2.0"

The Jets are clearly protecting Darnold by making up this whole mono BS.

Jets also made up the fake injury last season after his 4-INT singlehanded-lost-the-game performance versus the Dolphins, so Darnold could sit and watch a veteran QB run the offense. Rinse, and repeat, this time with Trevor Siemien.

 

Darnold is a Bust. Bad in Year 2, bad as a rookie, bad in his last year at USC. Most overrated player in the NFL, currently. So much hype for a player who has...never been good. 

 

Quite possibly the dumbest take in the history of this forum and that is saying a lot. 

You realize that his currently "fake" illness is keeping him home and away from the team and more importantly practice. You think that is also part of the plan to get Darnold better? If they were faking something, it would be a hamstring so at least he can be with the team. 

Not even sure why I am responding to this stupidity. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

 

Quite possibly the dumbest take in the history of this forum and that is saying a lot. 

You realize that his currently "fake" illness is keeping him home and away from the team and more importantly practice. You think that is also part of the plan to get Darnold better? If they were faking something, it would be a hamstring so at least he can be with the team. 

Not even sure why I am responding to this stupidity. 

 

Gronk gave me Mono

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, abc12345 said:

Just so you guys know:

 

Darnold doesn't really have mono. That is a made up excuse.

They need a way to politely "bench" Darnold for a veteran QB to get trampled in the next 5 games versus the Browns, Patriots, Cowboys, Eagles, Pats. Darnold was also brutally bad against the Bills, leading his offense to 32nd in Yards Per Play.

Think about it: If Sam Darnold is the starting QB and goes 0-6, can u imagine what all the talk would be? "Jets messed up at QB again" "Mark Sanchez 2.0"

The Jets are clearly protecting Darnold by making up this whole mono BS.

Jets also made up the fake injury last season after his 4-INT singlehanded-lost-the-game performance versus the Dolphins, so Darnold could sit and watch a veteran QB run the offense. Rinse, and repeat, this time with Trevor Siemien.

 

Darnold is a Bust. Bad in Year 2, bad as a rookie, bad in his last year at USC. Most overrated player in the NFL, currently. So much hype for a player who has...never been good. 

giphy.gif

tumblr_m4xdv85bXm1qe2rrbo2_250.gif

4c8HjkH.gif

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Darnold is smashing too many co-eds. I mean isn’t mono something you get in college? Guess he’s not that far removed from the scene and is probably still living it up. 

Truly pathetic. When is the last time a franchise player sat out a game because of mono? I’d be embarrassed to admit that. Just make up a fake injury and say he hurt his ankle, that wouldn’t look as wussy. 

Was surprised to find out that Siemian was still in the league. Cleveland D is going to feast, although that’s what we thought last week as well. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.