sjm76

Sam Darnold 2019 Outlook

10 minutes ago, LeeVanCleef said:

Lol he's quarantined and gonna be out like 7 weeks they're saying.

Convalescing at Gronk's Crib

It's truly pathetic.  Who would have thought some kissing virus would take down a young strapping football player with good hair?  

Bad news for all Jets pass catchers.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, abc12345 said:

Just so you guys know:

Darnold doesn't really have mono. That is a made up excuse.

They need a way to politely "bench" Darnold for a veteran QB to get trampled in the next 5 games versus the Browns, Patriots, Cowboys, Eagles, Pats. Darnold was also brutally bad against the Bills, leading his offense to 32nd in Yards Per Play.

Think about it: If Sam Darnold is the starting QB and goes 0-6, can u imagine what all the talk would be? "Jets messed up at QB again" "Mark Sanchez 2.0"

The Jets are clearly protecting Darnold by making up this whole mono BS.

Jets also made up the fake injury last season after his 4-INT singlehanded-lost-the-game performance versus the Dolphins, so Darnold could sit and watch a veteran QB run the offense. Rinse, and repeat, this time with Trevor Siemien.

Darnold is a Bust. Bad in Year 2, bad as a rookie, bad in his last year at USC. Most overrated player in the NFL, currently. So much hype for a player who has...never been good. 

spacer.png

Glazer reported Darnold said he feels much better but enlarged spleen is the issue, but Darnold thinks he'll be back after their bye.

2 hours ago, abc12345 said:

Hey, remember when people thought Darnold was a better QB than Josh Allen?

Fun times.

Allen looks pretty good but putting up big numbers against the Giants who would be the laughing stock of the NFL if not for the dolphins isn't saying much. 

Will the Giants even win a game this year?

I was going to ride Darnold into fantasy relevance this year but I had to drop him.  Picked up Dalton - who I think has everything he needs to succeed (except an offensive line).  I'm going to spend some cash money on Josh Allen too.  Darnold might be a nice pick up for the playoff run. 

This guy wants to be a leader of men but needs a month off for mono?  Kids today...

Just now, KennyWoo said:

This guy wants to be a leader of men but needs a month off for mono?  Kids today...

U actually believe he has mono?

You're the sucker....

The whole mono thing is clearly made up. They know if they trot Darnold out there, they're going 0-6 with him to start the season. So, have another QB lose the games instead of him. Jets are protecting Darnold.

12 minutes ago, lsdm6 said:

U actually believe he has mono?

You're the sucker....

The whole mono thing is clearly made up. They know if they trot Darnold out there, they're going 0-6 with him to start the season. So, have another QB lose the games instead of him. Jets are protecting Darnold.

What .... lmao in what world . I'm sorry man but this absolutely makes no sense. 

13 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

What .... lmao in what world . I'm sorry man but this absolutely makes no sense. 

It literally makes 1000% perfect sense. Have you seen the Jets schedule in the next month? 

1 hour ago, lsdm6 said:

It literally makes 1000% perfect sense. Have you seen the Jets schedule in the next month? 

Yes I have , do you even watch football ? So the Jets are saving their supposed franchise QB from what exactly ? Developing .... is that it ? because that's what this kid needs to do in order to be that "franchise QB" . The season literally just started , they aren't saving him from anything .  Dude just has mono, no big conspiracy here lol . If anything they're trying to get him out there as quickly as possible to see what they have in this offense with Sam, Bell, & Robby Anderson . Chris Hendon as well when he's back from his suspension. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RunCMC said:

Yes I have , do you even watch football ? So the Jets are saving their supposed franchise QB from what exactly ? Developing .... is that it ? because that's what this kid needs to do in order to be that "franchise QB" . The season literally just started , they aren't saving him from anything .  Dude just has mono, no big conspiracy here lol . If anything they're trying to get him out there as quickly as possible to see what they have in this offense with Sam, Bell, & Robby Anderson . Chris Hendon as well when he's back from his suspension. 

From going 0-6 and everyone in the media labeling Darnold as Mark Sanchez 2.0 and a Bust.

Wow, that was easy 

Please stop feeding the trolls and clogging up the threads. 

From his interview on Tuesday, he is hoping to be back after the Bye. Jets is one of the rare team to have a Bye so early so thankful for that. That also means people won’t be needing him for bye filler early and he’ll be back in time for that. In 2 QBs leagues and Superflex, he is a hold unless there are setbacks. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

about to stash this guy due to my horrible qb play look at that schedule after New England

10 minutes ago, affliction said:

about to stash this guy due to my horrible qb play look at that schedule after New England

Yeah it’s a nice schedule for them in a few weeks.  It’s looking like Darnold may not make it for this week though.  

https://www.nj.com/jets/2019/10/can-jets-sam-darnold-be-ready-for-week-5-at-eagles-even-with-limited-prep-boomer-esiason-says.html

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

Yeah it’s a nice schedule for them in a few weeks.  It’s looking like Darnold may not make it for this week though.  

https://www.nj.com/jets/2019/10/can-jets-sam-darnold-be-ready-for-week-5-at-eagles-even-with-limited-prep-boomer-esiason-says.html

I saw that. I think I'll hold off now. He should be available next week

• Like 1

Yup hoping they would hold him out week 5 so that he can have more time for recovery and practice. Firing him up from week 6 till championship baby. 

22 minutes ago, affliction said:

He is practicing..

To clarify, 

He is practicing "fully"

But he still hasn't been cleared for contact and still hasn't been ruled out for Sunday. 

It looks like he will be able to play if the Docs clear him for contact at any point before kickoff. It's just a matter of when he can take a hit.

He should just go travel out to wherever Herndon is hanging out and throw some balls with his boy.  Get the juices going so that they both come back week 6 and pop. 

I seriously doubt he plays the next 3 weeks....I cant see them rolling him out there and putting his health in danger only to get crushed by Philly/Dallas/NE....perfect spot to put hi in is week 8...he then has a nice run of juicy matchups to get his sea legs and continue the progression....the team has to no that playoffs are not happening and only thing to play for is long term....throwing your young franchise QB out there against very good defenses and an awful OL is a Luck like recipe for disaster....praying the Jets arent that dumb

3 minutes ago, Big Tuna said:

I seriously doubt he plays the next 3 weeks....I cant see them rolling him out there and putting his health in danger only to get crushed by Philly/Dallas/NE....perfect spot to put hi in is week 8...he then has a nice run of juicy matchups to get his sea legs and continue the progression....the team has to no that playoffs are not happening and only thing to play for is long term....throwing your young franchise QB out there against very good defenses and an awful OL is a Luck like recipe for disaster....praying the Jets arent that dumb

It would be dumb for the Jets to sit a player that is medically cleared to play. 

And I would bet he plays the next 3 weeks. He is already cleared to practice. It's just a matter of getting the green light from the doctors which could come any day. That day may be after the Eagles game but LOL at thinking he will sit out the next 3 weeks despite already healthy enough to practice.