sjm76

Sam Darnold 2019 Outlook

3 minutes ago, CroNY said:

He had Pats D in Fantasy, top 5 QB ROS schedule looks absolutely juicy for 5 TD games. 

5TDs for a defense is a bit much no?

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

What is the ghost reference?

Isn't it quite obvious?  Belichick using his Jedi-mind trick powers

sn_e_emporer_576x469.jpg

He got a -6.66 in my league 😂😭

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, CroNY said:

He had Pats D in Fantasy, top 5 QB ROS schedule looks absolutely juicy for 5 TD games. 

He's definitely top 5 in the AFC East.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, potatoetree said:

How are we feeling about Darnold in week 8 at Jacksonville lol

I don’t feel great about it, but after that game it should be a cupcake schedule ROS. I only intended him for bye week, but with Ryan’s situation I may be forced to use him longer than that. What’s concerning is how the Giants were able to compete with the Pats, yet the Jets got shut out at home. It’s very disturbing and concerning to say the least.

Edited by FitzMagic

Wow

All the talks about being unstoppable with their TE came back. Wth was that. Glad I didn’t watch the game. Glad I didn’t need or got hit by his negative points because I lucked out on all Sunday games. But boy what a disaster, my condolences to anyone that lost the week because their QB is incompetent. 

Ok, now I've seen some bad QB play in my time... but THIS was an entirely new level of ****e. I mean wtf actually happened out there? 

It wasn't the (4) picks, it's that he resembled a drunk bride throwing a bouquet of flowers to the crowd of scorned single women. A "fart in your general direction", mockery of throwing (if you can even call it that) wafting a pigskin juuuuust hard enough that gravity didn't win the moment it left his scared lil hand. Quite frankly, MANY of us could have set our beer down, jumped out of the recliner, and done better tonight w/out a single warmup toss or understanding of the nomenclature... just old fashioned "bottle cap, stick, rock" and finger in the dirt preparation. 

My wife is a Jets fan from NY, I've had the unfortunate reality of watching them for about 17 years now, and I'm speechless. Butt Fumble is officially second place in Jets lore... congrats Sam, you've made The Sanchize sleep soundly tonight my man... my girly man. 

• Haha 4

26 minutes ago, LarryChip10 said:

Ok, now I've seen some bad QB play in my time... but THIS was an entirely new level of ****e. I mean wtf actually happened out there? 

It wasn't the (4) picks, it's that he resembled a drunk bride throwing a bouquet of flowers to the crowd of scorned single women. A "fart in your general direction", mockery of throwing (if you can even call it that) wafting a pigskin juuuuust hard enough that gravity didn't win the moment it left his scared lil hand. Quite frankly, MANY of us could have set our beer down, jumped out of the recliner, and done better tonight w/out a single warmup toss or understanding of the nomenclature... just old fashioned "bottle cap, stick, rock" and finger in the dirt preparation. 

My wife is a Jets fan from NY, I've had the unfortunate reality of watching them for about 17 years now, and I'm speechless. Butt Fumble is officially second place in Jets lore... congrats Sam, you've made The Sanchize sleep soundly tonight my man... my girly man. 

This is what he is. He is a poor man’s Jameis. His tendency to blindly chuck the ball up for grabs and general interception happiness has been there since college.

Really not sure why he was drafted third overall, besides the fact that he talks/acts the part. His mobility was touted, but isn’t really a thing with how mobile QBs can actually be these days, his arm talent is average, and he is a turnover machine. Rosen was and is the clear better QB.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jujus-jujubees said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I needed this tonight. Thank you.

• Like 1

Wow, what a craptacular performance.  How do we feel about him now as a QB2 with supposedly a great schedule after he soaked and shat the bed in such abysmal fashion?

I don't get the "seeing ghosts" reference either?  Is that a regular phrase?  Does it mean that he feels too much pressure in the pocket when there's really no defender there?  Does it mean that he's just playing scared and worried about getting hit? 

Just now, CooL said:

Wow, what a craptacular performance.  How do we feel about him now as a QB2 with supposedly a great schedule after he soaked and shat the bed in such abysmal fashion?

I don't get the "seeing ghosts" reference either?  Is that a regular phrase?  Does it mean that he feels too much pressure in the pocket when there's really no defender there?  Does it mean that he's just playing scared and worried about getting hit? 

I think people are overreacting. He did look bad against the best defense in the league. Will he be spooked by these other defenses on his schedule? I highly doubt it. I think he will be solid the rest of the way.

will be out the leeg within 2 years ... you don't recover from that kinda debacle on the big stage ... don't think he has the cajones - oh, and the "I SEE GHOSTS!" hot mic moment dooms him to palookaville. 

/fin. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

will be out the leeg within 2 years ... you don't recover from that kinda debacle on the big stage ... don't think he has the cajones - oh, and the "I SEE GHOSTS!" hot mic moment dooms him to palookaville. 

/fin. 

Agreed.

It's not like no one saw the turnovers coming, it was a always the knock on him at SC.  Chickens are just coming home to roost.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, championship or bust said:

USC qb's dont do well in the NFL.

I mean, Carson Palmer wasn't bad.

6 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I mean, Carson Palmer wasn't bad.

That one statement I think has f'd the Jets for a decade.

19 minutes ago, championship or bust said:

USC qb's dont do well in the NFL.

that's cuz Pat Haden set such a high bar for such a short guy ...

33 minutes ago, CooL said:

Belichick had him completely confused the whole night. He’s still in his 2nd year & he’ll learn from this. I’d guess most other QB’s NE has faced this year have said the same thing. They just weren’t mic’d up for us to hear it

He just came off last week from lighting up the Cowboys. He's a young QB and is going to have crazy up's and down's and the down's will be bad especially versus teams like the PATS. He was also owned last year by the Pats so this is nothing new. Darnold has a cupcake schedule incoming and will probably have more good games then not coming up. Last night was an anomaly for the most part. 

• Like 1