sjm76

Sam Darnold 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, championship or bust said:

USC qb's dont do well in the NFL.

you could pick literally any school and say their QBs don’t do well in the NFL and be right.

Edited by MJJ28
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

you could pick literally any school and say their QBs don’t do well in the NFL.

Alabama & LSU especially come to mind...

2 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

you could pick literally any school and say their QBs don’t do well in the NFL.

You could, but I think if you said Michigan you'd be met with more disapproval than USC.

1 minute ago, JE7HorseGod said:

You could, but I think if you said Michigan you'd be met with more disapproval than USC.

Well yes, because they haven’t had an NFL good enough to make it to the NFL in decades.

Edited by MJJ28

20 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

you could pick literally any school and say their QBs don’t do well in the NFL and be right.

yeah but this is Sam Darnold thread and he is a former USC "star".

How dumb of him to say "I'm seeing ghosts" while being mic'd up for ESPN.  That is going to haunt him and follow him around forever.  I'm always amazed that when players have a mic, that they're seemingly very reserved.  After the sack-fumble and the multiple INTs, we didn't hear him swearing or yelling.  Who knows, maybe ESPN edits that out. 

Just now, FitzMagic said:

Had toenail removed. Now questionable. This gets better and better!

Turns out AB had the right idea about cryogenically freezing his feet?

Patriots have been decapitating everyone that plays offense against them. 

Jags don't have Ramsey and Gardner looks human all of a sudden, this smells like a shootout. On the card in replace of Mahomes, this has to work. lol

Sam Darnold claimed he was seeing "ghosts" last night against the Patriots. My Jaguars will follow that up by having him see goblins this Sunday.

Buyer Beware....

• Like 2

[Posts removed.  Nope, we are not going to have a "millennials vs. gen xers vs. boomers" debate here.  Take that stuff to your social media platform of choice.]

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Soft schedule coming up for him............do you write off the horrible game last night as it was against the Pats killer D or is Darnold really that bad and not useable even in a soft schedule?

are we really buying low on Darnold? bad o-line, sub par weapons... Idk. Unless you're in a 2 qb league and desperate, I wouldnt be touching him

Edited by Chippa

11 for 32, 88 yards, 4 INTs, 1 Fumble. Negative 7 points in fantasy!

The Patriots D is pretty good but they aren't that good. Nobody's D is even allowed to be that good in today's modern NFL. 

It seemed like all of his INT's were when the Patriots faked the blitz and pulled back and Darnold still panicked and threw off his back foot or threw the ball off balanced despite the pressure not really being there (hence his "I'm seeing ghosts" comment). The Patriots only completed 1 sack the entire night. 

I think these problems can be fixed quite easily he is still a good young QB but he obviously wasn't ready for primetime. Last night was one of the worst performances I've ever seen. He made Mark Sanchez look like a HOF'er

8 minutes ago, Chippa said:

are we really buying low on Darnold? bad o-line, sub par weapons... Idk. Unless you're in a 2 qb league and desperate, I wouldnt be touching him

I think we are still underestimating this Patriots defense.

11 minutes ago, dschddny said:

Soft schedule coming up for him............do you write off the horrible game last night as it was against the Pats killer D or is Darnold really that bad and not useable even in a soft schedule?

not completely writing it off but was a complete utter meltdown, dude wasn't even planting his feet while throwing and literally no look tosses into double coverage. 

Picked him up Monday for the RoS, but now I'm really leaning towards dropping him for Minshew who just became available. There's no one else remotely good to pickup in the waiver wire wasteland. I'll swallow the pill and wait for Darnold to get past Jacksonville and consider him again when his schedule is favorable.

For some reason, I watched the whole game (not a fan of either teams) and the Jets top to bottom were awful, but Darnold looked straight up broken out there. Inexcusable turnovers that would made Peterman look like a viable QB option.

Edited by HandSchaub

4 minutes ago, HandSchaub said:

Picked him up Monday for the RoS, but now I'm really leaning towards dropping him for Minshew who just became available. There's no one else remotely good to pickup in the waiver wire wasteland. I'll swallow the pill and wait for Darnold to get past Jacksonville and consider him again when his schedule is favorable.

For some reason, I watched the whole game (not a fan of either teams) and the Jets top to bottom were awful, but Darnold looked straight up broken out there. Inexcusable turnovers that would made Peterman look like a viable QB option.

I did too. But I wouldn't just assess him on that one game. He was fine the week before against Dallas. NE is just superior in everything (coaching, game-plan, execution, etc). So, when NE exposes players people get all crazy. I slept over night and I was okay this morning. He will be fine. What I am more concerned about is his toe right now.

• Like 1

Just now, FitzMagic said:

I did too. But I wouldn't just assess him on that one game. He was fine the week before against Dallas. NE is just superior in everything (coaching, game-plan, execution, etc). So, when NE exposes players people get all crazy. I slept over night and I was okay this morning. He will be fine. What I am more concerned about is his toe right now.

Next we'll hear he has leprosy

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

I hope he was ok after sleeping overnight too, with the ghosts and all...

I do agree though, he looked very good the week before vs Dallas, so I'd put this more on the NE D being that good than him suddenly being the next Browning Nagle.

1 minute ago, dschddny said:

I hope he was ok after sleeping overnight too, with the ghosts and all...

I do agree though, he looked very good the week before vs Dallas, so I'd put this more on the NE D being that good than him suddenly being the next Browning Nagle.

fair enuff. 

but what kinda respect can he now garner in that huddle, let alone from his opponents?

how can you "go to war" with a shell shocked general who was captured saying he's seeing ghosts?

you think vets like L'ev and Crowder and DT are gonna be confident in this kid?

the ship be sinkin'

I agree with what everyone has said about NE defense exposing weaknesses of any qb they face. 

But at this level a lot of the game is psychological, and he was shook. 

What bothers me is also why they kept calling deep shot plays. How does Bell only have one reception the entire game? Bell, Crowder, would all be perfect dump off targets on a slant run or something when you keep getting blitzed. 

Adam Gase was shown trying to motivate Darnold on the sidelines , but in reality with the play calling he kept throwing him to the wolves. This is almost  even greater concern to me than Darnolds performance. 

Edited by potatoetree