sjm76

Sam Darnold 2019 Outlook

Darnold said he was seeing ghosts. Enuff said. 

Edited by weakkneeswilly

4 hours ago, potatoetree said:

I agree with what everyone has said about NE defense exposing weaknesses of any qb they face. 

But at this level a lot of the game is psychological, and he was shook. 

What bothers me is also why they kept calling deep shot plays. How does Bell only have one reception the entire game? Bell, Crowder, would all be perfect dump off targets on a slant run or something when you keep getting blitzed. 

Adam Gase was shown trying to motivate Darnold on the sidelines , but in reality with the play calling he kept throwing him to the wolves. This is almost  even greater concern to me than Darnolds performance. 

Adam Gase is a fraud and imposter, riding on the coattails of Peyton Manning and one "good year" with Jay Cutler - which wasn't even that great of year for Cuttle Fish.

He did the same crap with Miami: little to no in-game adjustments, lethargic starts to a game, uninspired playcalling, questionable clock management, and very little creativity.

QB whisperer? It's one the biggest jokes in the entirety of the NFL. He's not head coach material, and never deserved these opportunities to be one, if not for ignorant front offices thinking they'd outsmart everyone else, much like the narcissistic Gase perceives himself.

Adam Gase is the worst thing that could have happened to Sam Darnold.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, lvsaint429 said:

Alabama & LSU especially come to mind...

Who has LSU even had in the NFL at QB, especially who was a high pick and expected to be a good NFL QB like the USC QBs? There was the obvious trainwreck named Jamarcus. And then who? Nobody. So I’m not sure why LSU “especially” comes to mind. Same with Bama. Who have they had at QB that was a high pick and expected be successful in the NFL? Neither of these schools have had the bevy of QBs that USC has put into the NFL who were expected to be franchise players. 

nfl is not happy about the fact espn let that bit out where he said he seeing ghosts, i mean they agreed for espn to mic him up.... but now wont let media use sound bits.... lol. Jets luck with QBs is awful. I still think Darnold will be a lot better than this, but franchise? not so sure.

2 hours ago, Newtown said:

giphy.gif

Gase hired 4 "consultants" so Darnold should be fine after Halloween.

The Jet's new O-line.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, DJSatane said:

nfl is not happy about the fact espn let that bit out where he said he seeing ghosts, i mean they agreed for espn to mic him up.... but now wont let media use sound bits.... lol. Jets luck with QBs is awful. I still think Darnold will be a lot better than this, but franchise? not so sure.

There is news, and then news fit to print. In its desire for sensationalist headline from a game no one was watching, ESPN crossed the line. Maybe they were flipping off the NFL passive aggressively for giving them this garbage matchup for a MNF tilt.

I wonder if his toenail was spooked off his foot or if it's just a result of constantly throwing off his back foot.🤷‍♀️

Darnolds  schedule is about to get really easy after Jax 

On 10/23/2019 at 10:06 AM, affliction said:

Agreed. Darnold, Bell, and Jets D /ST are looking at better days ahead. Bounce back game this week and then he is going to light up Miami.

This is actual footage of a young Darnold.

On 10/23/2019 at 10:06 AM, affliction said:

Definitely, although I was hoping for some better production in the weeks leading up to the soft schedule. The Dallas game looked promising but the Patriots game definitely raises some red flags heading into the Jags game. Then again, I am not sure the Jags defense is anything special. No Ramsey and the Jags have let some QBs have good days (Flacco 300/3tds). Hopefully the Jets get Herndon back. 

26 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

This is actual footage of a young Darnold

Yeah, young Darnold and Gase without beard

I hope Darnold will bounce back against Jags..zig-zag theory

Is everyone expecting this guy just to throw another dud up this week? he's projected for 14 points on ESPN and like 8 points on CBS. 

1 hour ago, GurleyTHIRTY said:

Is everyone expecting this guy just to throw another dud up this week? he's projected for 14 points on ESPN and like 8 points on CBS. 

I do think he struggles this week: then I think he rights himself against weaker competition to end the year(excluding Buffalo in Week 17)

Going to be a contrarian here and say he performs better than people expect. This is based on literally zero evidence and just my gut. Lol. 

• Like 1

Anyone rolling Darnold out this week? I think I will have to due to Goff on bye, but I'm confident Darnold will get the job done this week.

36 minutes ago, WVFalcon said:

Anyone rolling Darnold out this week? I think I will have to due to Goff on bye, but I'm confident Darnold will get the job done this week.

If he can't perform here, cut him. I'll be starting him with my season on the line. Rudolph looked good against the Dolphins throwing deep.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

If he can't perform here, cut him. I'll be starting him with my season on the line. Rudolph looked good against the Dolphins throwing deep.

Same. The Dolphins have given up at least 2 TD's in every game this year, and if I can get at least 250 and 2TD's from Darnold I will be happy.

• Like 1

You roll with him against the Dolphins if your #1 QB is on bye on injured. If he is your #1 then it doesn't really matter since your season is likely over.

Honestly I'm kinda hoping he doesn't blow up in 2019.  He'll be a great cheap option in redraft next year due to recency bias and hopefully the Jets can improve their OL during draft and offseason free agency.  Hoping for top end QB2 performance at QB25+ fantasy draft cost. 

1 hour ago, Naboo said:

You roll with him against the Dolphins if your #1 QB is on bye on injured. If he is your #1 then it doesn't really matter since your season is likely over.

If Anderson gets traded it'll change a lot

Just something to consider for owners:

If I'm the GM, and I trade everyone today (IE: Bell, Jamal Adams, etc)....I'm finding a reason to IR Darnold and start Luke Falk the rest of the season.  

1 minute ago, Iron-cock said:

If I'm the GM, and I trade everyone today (IE: Bell, Jamal Adams, etc)....I'm finding a reason to IR Darnold and start Luke Falk the rest of the season.  

If you own Sam Darnold, that's a mercy kill.

2 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

I don't think Adams would effect that decision. I think trading Bell and Anderson might.