Sign in to follow this  
tonycpsu

MLB Waiver Wire and Streaming Thread 2019 Week 19

tonycpsu

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups and streaming options for week 19 of the 2019 MLB season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggetions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

Message added by tonycpsu

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups and streaming options for week 19 of the 2019 MLB season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggetions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

Jesus Aguilar (when he gets to play, it seems he's proving Tampa is the Houston for hitters)

Jose Osuna (has been white hot and is in the starting lineup tonight)

Isan Diaz (duh...)

Trent Grisham (another duh...)

Willie Calhoun (no idea why he's not way more widely owned by now)

Steve Cishek (committee my arse)

Aaron Civale (might be too late for tonight, but still has a real shot at sticking around for now at least)

Anybody but Lewis Brinson (don't fall for the AAA numbers again. He likely still sucks)

• Like 2

Connor Menez SP starts tomorrow for the Giants at home vs. Nats. Sneaky arsenal. Should stay in rotation with a quality start.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Finally, this is the week you STOP dissing Bryan Reynolds right to his grinning Pirate smile face...this is the week you pick up the rookie who is tied for 1st in the NL w a .337 avg...👑...who hits in the 2 hole...who has been displaying power of late...a ton of runs and rib eye steaks...who has a full time gig w the departure of Corey Dickerson...this is the week you finally give in, walk that plank and scoop Bryan the Bucco RRRRRRRRRRREYNOLDS! I did and I am now standing like Captain Morgan while typing this w pride! Ahoy matees!

Edited by dfstout
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Archie Bradley has picked up saves in each of his last 2 appearances...just sayin'.

• Like 1

You could prob do a lot worse than rookie prospect catcher Jake Rogers --DET...he has some pop and should play plenty for the Tigers going forward.

Keep an eye on Patrick Sandoval, SP/bulk guy for LAA, had a heck of a little debut last night and should get plenty of run for Angels now.

• Like 1

Brandon Bass could be the Mariners' new closer. Not a sexy option, but for those save hungry leagues...

I second the Archie Bradley tout. He has also pitched much better lately, heading into this stint as closer (so it seems).

3 hours ago, nlm said:

Brandon Bass could be the Mariners' new closer. Not a sexy option, but for those save hungry leagues...

I second the Archie Bradley tout. He has also pitched much better lately, heading into this stint as closer (so it seems).

Lol his name is Anthony Bass...

3 hours ago, jvfantasy said:

Pretty sure it's Lance Bass. 

• Like 2

Aristides Aquino - I know it's kind of obvious after a big game, but I should have posted this before the game when I was tempted to after picking him up.

• Like 2

J.D. Davis - Guy plays everyday and has been raking.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, jvfantasy said:

mental slip and it wouldn't let me edit. Sorry about that.

Ji-Man Choi has been the Rays primary leadoff hitter and has a .993 OPS in seven starts out of the leadoff spot. He'll likely lose a start here or there to Aguilar, but when he has been playing, he has been producing.... He'd be nice as a CI in deeper leagues.

Jose Osuna has also been red-hot for the Buccos…. Huntington said he'd play more down the stretch.... batting .324/.378/.667 with an 1.045 ops. He qualifies at 1B and 3B. Much more likely to be on your wire than Bryan Reynolds and playing regularly.

Edited by nlm
  • Like 1

On 8/6/2019 at 4:12 PM, gbill2004 said:

Pretty sure it's Lance Bass. 

Pretty sure it's Sea Bass.

Seabass.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm doubling down on Drew Smyly on Friday @ SF. I got a couple good starts out of him before he burned me last week, but overall, he's looked solid since being dealt. (Ditched the changeup, better pitch selection.) SF has cooled off considerably as well, and their Friday starter, Tyler Beede, doesn't worry me in the least.

• Like 2

intriguing matchups today with Smyly and Quantrill. Anyone streaming these two?

Jalen Beeks is bulking against the Mariners tonight...might be worth a play.

2 hours ago, MSkibisky said:

intriguing matchups today with Smyly and Quantrill. Anyone streaming these two?

Considered Quantrill...I like that one. Smyly still scares me.

Go to New York and find yourself a 3B - Gio Urshela and JD Davis both need to be must owned at this point. Yes, they're on hot streaks and could cool off at the drop of a hat, but both are supported by advanced metrics.

Urshela: 83rd Exit Velo, 98th xBA, 65th Hard Hit, 91st xwOBA, 92nd xSLG

Davis: 95th Exit Velo, 100th xBA!!!, 96th Hard Hit %, 97th xwOBA, 93rd xSLG

While Urshela isn't quite a Gold Glover right now he's playing middle of the road Defense at 3B and was labeled a gold glove caliber defender in the past and has certainly flashed that potential this year, so for Dynasty/Keeper, he might hold onto his value - Andujar is a terrible 3rd Baseman, who amongst all qualifying 3B last year had a -14 DEF rating - next lowest was Yangervis Solarte at -5.1

13 minutes ago, nlm said:

Jalen Beeks is bulking against the Mariners tonight...might be worth a play.

I see that he's starting not bulking

5 minutes ago, BostonCajun said:

I see that he's starting not bulking

I read he was bulking, but my Fantrax league now lists bulkers as starters. They were listing Pena as a starter when he was bulking at least. I've bulked him a lot, so I remember.

1 hour ago, nlm said:

I read he was bulking, but my Fantrax league now lists bulkers as starters. They were listing Pena as a starter when he was bulking at least. I've bulked him a lot, so I remember.

Just stating what I see on MLB site.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BostonCajun said:

Just stating what I see on MLB site.

Should be interesting to see how he does without the bulk relief role.

Posted (edited)

Anyone wanna give Mitch Keller a fourth chance? He's going on Monday. Gets the Angels...

Edited by nlm

27 minutes ago, nlm said:

Anyone wanna give Mitch Keller a fourth chance? He's going on Monday. Gets the Angels...

4th time's the charm?  Wait, that's not how it is supposed to go...

Honestly, it's a great matchup as the Angels have been awful for a while now, but so has Keller in the short time he was up.  Still, if you're a risk taker, it's at least interesting, especially since he will likely get 2 starts next week.

• Haha 1

Start #2 is slated to be against the Cubs...not so sure I like that unless I'm in daily lineups (which I am, but many are not).