Sign in to follow this  
Grome21

Trout keeper trade? WHIR.

Roto 6x6 obp - 6x6 qs 

12 team

keeper league can keep 8 major league players for 2 years. Also keep 10 minor league players. Players are considered minor leaguers even if they are up in the majors as long as you have not called them up to your majors roster. Once the players have reached 1000 abs your forced to bring them up the next year. Keeper years don’t count against a player until you bring them up to your majors roster.

My major league keepers right now would be

Betts

Bregman

Baez

J.D

Rendon

G. Sanchez

Degrom

Sale

Also have Acuña and Vlad jr in my minors. Acuña will have to be called up but Vlad can stay in the minors until I decide to bring him up.

I’m currently in second place and probably won’t be able to catch up. This trade is more about next year.

Theres one team better then mine right now. The team is loaded top to bottom but with a lot of expiring guys he has to deal.Trout has to be traded at the end of the year. He’s asking for 2 of Betts Bregman Acuña.Should I make that deal for Trout or is the price a little high. He really wants Acuña since he won’t count against his 8 major league keepers. But I have held from calling him up all year for the advantage it will be to keep my top 8 and then add him next year. So Acuña is the one guy I find hard to deal.

Should I make the deal for Trout and if so which 2 of the 3?

2 hours ago, Grome21 said:

Roto 6x6 obp - 6x6 qs 

12 team

keeper league can keep 8 major league players for 2 years. Also keep 10 minor league players. Players are considered minor leaguers even if they are up in the majors as long as you have not called them up to your majors roster. Once the players have reached 1000 abs your forced to bring them up the next year. Keeper years don’t count against a player until you bring them up to your majors roster.

My major league keepers right now would be

Betts

Bregman

Baez

J.D

Rendon

G. Sanchez

Degrom

Sale

Also have Acuña and Vlad jr in my minors. Acuña will have to be called up but Vlad can stay in the minors until I decide to bring him up.

I’m currently in second place and probably won’t be able to catch up. This trade is more about next year.

Theres one team better then mine right now. The team is loaded top to bottom but with a lot of expiring guys he has to deal.Trout has to be traded at the end of the year. He’s asking for 2 of Betts Bregman Acuña.Should I make that deal for Trout or is the price a little high. He really wants Acuña since he won’t count against his 8 major league keepers. But I have held from calling him up all year for the advantage it will be to keep my top 8 and then add him next year. So Acuña is the one guy I find hard to deal.

Should I make the deal for Trout and if so which 2 of the 3?

Would you be able to keep Trout for 2 years?

Posted (edited)

Yes once you trade a player keeper years reset. I would be able to have Trout for 2 years after this year. I have 1 more year with Betts before I have to move him. 2 more years of Bregman. 3 years with Acuña since next year would not count as a major league keeper year. 

Edited by Grome21

Its still a little high, I would ONLY look at Betts and Bregman, and you should get a pretty good guy with Trout

He has the following guys that have to be moved.

Trout

Arenado

Bryant

Scherzer

Cole 

I told him to throw another player in the deal. He said he would consider throwing in Bryant if he got Acuña as one of the 2 players.

I have been thinking of just not dealing with him and maybe going after Yelich and Lindor from another team instead. This year what has killed me has been stolen bases. Wondering What it would take to get a deal done for those 2? His keepers other then those 2 are pretty weak and he’s been  looking for pitching. My best players are the 10 players I posted earlier and Berrios who I would not be keeping right now. 

I’m sure the Trout owner is trying to make a deal for those two also. I’m thinking of making an offer starting with Betts Bregman and Sale for Yelich and Lindor but not sure he would take it. What would be the best offer keeping in mind that Acuña and Vlad hold a little extra value since they are still in the minors. I would like to not have to deal Acuña. 

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Grome21 said:

He has the following guys that have to be moved.

Trout

Arenado

Bryant

Scherzer

Cole 

I told him to throw another player in the deal. He said he would consider throwing in Bryant if he got Acuña as one of the 2 players.

I have been thinking of just not dealing with him and maybe going after Yelich and Lindor from another team instead. This year what has killed me has been stolen bases. Wondering What it would take to get a deal done for those 2? His keepers other then those 2 are pretty weak and he’s been  looking for pitching. My best players are the 10 players I posted earlier and Berrios who I would not be keeping right now. 

I’m sure the Trout owner is trying to make a deal for those two also. I’m thinking of making an offer starting with Betts Bregman and Sale for Yelich and Lindor but not sure he would take it. What would be the best offer keeping in mind that Acuña and Vlad hold a little extra value since they are still in the minors. I would like to not have to deal Acuña. 

It is just a bad idea to trade a good owner two top players and help him out like that.  You may get a marginally better set of keepers, but you help him a lot more.  No way I do it.  If it was a middling team it would be fine, but not a loaded one.  Go after Yelich and Lindor.  Offer up Acuna, Bregman and a lesser keeper (maybe Sale or Sanchez at this point).  Try to hold onto Betts. 

If you want to hold onto Acuna, you probably do have to move Betts as part of it and that is not likely to help you out too much imo as Betts\Bregman is basically a wash with Lindor\Yelich.  You can try to pawn off Vlad as part of it, but I tend to doubt that is going to get it done. 

My 2 cents.

Edited by secretagentman

21 minutes ago, secretagentman said:

It is just a bad idea to trade a good owner two top players and help him out like that.  You may get a marginally better set of keepers, but you help him a lot more.  No way I do it.  If it was a middling team it would be fine, but not a loaded one.  Go after Yelich and Lindor.  Offer up Acuna, Bregman and a lesser keeper (maybe Sale or Sanchez at this point).  Try to hold onto Betts. 

If you want to hold onto Acuna, you probably do have to move Betts as part of it and that is not likely to help you out too much imo as Betts\Bregman is basically a wash with Lindor\Yelich.  You can try to pawn off Vlad as part of it, but I tend to doubt that is going to get it done. 

My 2 cents.

So you like Betts a lot more then Acuña even if you end up losing a keeper. The reason I lean towards Acuña over Betts is because I would still be able to keep 8 other guys. Also Betts hasn’t ran much this year. I offered  Betts Bregman Bauer and 2 minor leaguers earlier in the year and got declined. I do agree that Betts/Bregman for Yelich/Lindor is close but again the main reason would be for the stolen bases since my team has struggled in that department this year.

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Grome21 said:

So you like Betts a lot more then Acuña even if you end up losing a keeper. The reason I lean towards Acuña over Betts is because I would still be able to keep 8 other guys. Also Betts hasn’t ran much this year. I offered  Betts Bregman Bauer and 2 minor leaguers earlier in the year and got declined. I do agree that Betts/Bregman for Yelich/Lindor is close but again the main reason would be for the stolen bases since my team has struggled in that department this year.

If you want to keep Acuna and play the minor league game that is fine.  I do not think the Betts deal really helps you.  You cannot predict how much these guys run year to year.  Yelich may slow it down as he gets older\the Brewers may not want him to risk it as much.  Lindor...who knows but he is likely to run some in most cases.  Still, chasing Sbs is just a bad idea imo.  Trout, Machado...they run one year and shut it down the next.  Never really can tell.  If you want to get a real SB difference maker, get someone like Mondesi long term.  Otherwise, stick with what you have if you can't make a deal as Betts is a top 5 player and Bregman is top 3-4 rounds and very reliable and both play on good offensive squads and teams.  Trading them for Yelich and Lindor is a push imo.  Maybe you get some added steals next year, but I hardly see it being worth it, esp if you have to give up another piece.

Edited by secretagentman
  • Thanks 1

I'd rather hang onto Acuna over Betts. Especially considering your position with him, but head to head I would. 

With either though its really just preference, they are both Top guys going forward.

I would say for the guy saying Betts, to just use others to compare with SB, it's hard to use that with Acuna as he is 20 and has ran both years he has been in bigs. He is also out performing Betts this year as a 20 year old. That is in every category except runs.

For me, Yelich is front runner for his 2nd consecutive MVP, and Betts is way behind Trout. Aside from injuries, there are not many guys who continue to follow up career years. So basing it off of what Betts did last season isn't the best idea. Even though it was an AMAZING year: these guys also had career years last year: Jose Ramirez, Andrew Benintendi, Khris Davis, Matt Carpenter, Jesus Aguillar, Max Muncy.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Yea I see it from both sides. They are all pretty close and anything can happen from year to year. I’m just trying to find a way to have the best keepers possible. What if I try to find a way to keep Betts and Acuña and still land Yelich and Lindor. Do you guys think an offer of JD Bregman Berrios and Vlad who’s still in the minors be an acceptable offer. Keeping in mind he doesn’t have many solid keepers and is looking for some pitching.

I still don’t think he would take it. But if he did my keepers would then be.

Betts

Yelich

Acuña

Lindor

Baez

Rendon

Gary

Degrom

Sale

I could always try Bregman Sale Berrios and Vlad first but doubt that one would even be considered.

Edited by Grome21

1 hour ago, Grome21 said:

Yea I see it from both sides. They are all pretty close and anything can happen from year to year. I’m just trying to find a way to have the best keepers possible. What if I try to find a way to keep Betts and Acuña and still land Yelich and Lindor. Do you guys think an offer of JD Bregman Berrios and Vlad who’s still in the minors be an acceptable offer. Keeping in mind he doesn’t have many solid keepers and is looking for some pitching.

I still don’t think he would take it. But if he did my keepers would then be.

Betts

Yelich

Acuña

Lindor

Baez

Rendon

Gary

Degrom

Sale

I could always try Bregman Sale Berrios and Vlad first but doubt that one would even be considered.

Yea, I don't think that is going to get it done. Berrios is good (but just got torched tonight) and Sale has been torched A LOT.

I think for Yelich/Lindor you have to look at something like this without Acuna/Betts. Bregman/Rendon/Degrom/JD maybe.

10 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

Yea, I don't think that is going to get it done. Berrios is good (but just got torched tonight) and Sale has been torched A LOT.

I think for Yelich/Lindor you have to look at something like this without Acuna/Betts. Bregman/Rendon/Degrom/JD maybe.

Makes sense. But I guess if that’s what it would take I’m better off just staying with hat I have.

The Trout owner now is asking for Betts and Vlad since I wouldn’t trade Bregman. Vlad is in the minors so wouldn’t count as one of the 8 keepers so he’s technically an extra keeper. I can keep Betts 1 more time so would have him next year. Vlad I could have 3 years starting next year. Trout I would have for 2 years after this year. 

He also has Cole and has to trade him. I could do Betts Vlad Sale for Trout and Cole? Should I make any of these two deals? 

keepers would be

Trout

Lindor (traded Bregman)

Baez

Rendon

J.D

Gary

Degrom

Cole

Acuña (would call up next year)

3 minutes ago, Grome21 said:

The Trout owner now is asking for Betts and Vlad since I wouldn’t trade Bregman. Vlad is in the minors so wouldn’t count as one of the 8 keepers so he’s technically an extra keeper. I can keep Betts 1 more time so would have him next year. Vlad I could have 3 years starting next year. Trout I would have for 2 years after this year. 

He also has Cole and has to trade him. I could do Betts Vlad Sale for Trout and Cole? Should I make any of these two deals? 

keepers would be

Trout

Lindor (traded Bregman)

Baez

Rendon

J.D

Gary

Degrom

Cole

Acuña (would call up next year)

I wouldn't do that if I am Trout owner, he is giving up the best player by a good bit, and BY FAR the best pitcher. If I were you and you really want those 2, I would look at something like Betts, JD, Sale for Trout, Cole, and someone little worse than JD. That then benefits both sides

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

I wouldn't do that if I am Trout owner, he is giving up the best player by a good bit, and BY FAR the best pitcher. If I were you and you really want those 2, I would look at something like Betts, JD, Sale for Trout, Cole, and someone little worse than JD. That then benefits both sides

He wants Vlad because of the minor league keeper advantage. He would make that deal. It’s a 3 for 2

Edited by Grome21

I would point out that it's the mix of Home Runs and Stolen Bases that make Trout the best player in the league. However teams expect players to stop steeling bases once they reach the age of 30 because Steeling Bases is very hard fast Running to get that base and they see it as too much of an injury risk once they reach the age of 30.

So the truth is that Trout run as the best player in the league is almost over and Acuna is the odds on favorite to take that crown. So don't be fooled he's more valueable then Trout in this case and Vlad likely is too. So dealing eather is out of the question

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Fantasy Monk said:

I would point out that it's the mix of Home Runs and Stolen Bases that make Trout the best player in the league. However teams expect players to stop steeling bases once they reach the age of 30 because Steeling Bases is very hard fast Running to get that base and they see it as too much of an injury risk once they reach the age of 30.

So the truth is that Trout run as the best player in the league is almost over and Acuna is the odds on favorite to take that crown. So don't be fooled he's more valueable then Trout in this case and Vlad likely is too. So dealing eather is out of the question

I definitely agree with you on the steals. But also slugging and obp are 2 of the 6 categories and Trout is elite in pretty much everything except steals now.

5 hours ago, Grome21 said:

I definitely agree with you on the steals. But also slugging and obp are 2 of the 6 categories and Trout is elite in pretty much everything except steals now.

Not saying he isn't worth trading for but keep in mind you only would have Trout for 2 years and your going to have to trade him at that time and he'll be 30 and he's going to view as on the downside of his career and it's not going to be easy to get the return that your going to pay for right now.

Acuna and Vlad are going to be 24 and in the hart of there prime when your forced to trade them and every team will be lining up to get them and your going to be able to ask for the sun and the moon for them. So I'm just saying you don't give him Acuna and Vlad unless he's willing to give Trout and 2 others for one of them. He might not be willing to do that and that fine but if you can get Trout for something else then that's the play.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Fantasy Monk said:

Not saying he isn't worth trading for but keep in mind you only would have Trout for 2 years and your going to have to trade him at that time and he'll be 30 and he's going to view as on the downside of his career and it's not going to be easy to get the return that your going to pay for right now.

Acuna and Vlad are going to be 24 and in the hart of there prime when your forced to trade them and every team will be lining up to get them and your going to be able to ask for the sun and the moon for them. So I'm just saying you don't give him Acuna and Vlad unless he's willing to give Trout and 2 others for one of them. He might not be willing to do that and that fine but if you can get Trout for something else then that's the play.

He’s willing to do Trout for Betts and Rendon but that would weaken my 8th keeper big time.

6 hours ago, Grome21 said:

He’s willing to do Trout for Betts and Rendon but that would weaken my 8th keeper big time.

Rendon is going to be 30 Next season and his value likely will go down and Betts isn't far behind him. That might be worth taking on value.

You could flip Trout and offer Trout, Bregman and Berrios for that Yelich and Lindor and something they have that is an improvement over Berrios and that would set you up good for next year.

• Like 1

Finally was able to get a deal done. Gave Betts Rendon Morton. Had 1 more year for both Betts and Rendon and Morton wasn’t making my keepers. Got back Trout and Kris Bryant.

On 8/13/2019 at 5:14 PM, Fantasy Monk said:

Why would you think Trout at 30 would be on the downside of his career? 

That isn't to say don't trade him no matter what, but there is really nothing to say that at 30 he will decline. He is a MLB player not an NFL RB