KilloWertz

Aristides Aquino 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2019 season will be locked on 2019-11-28. Please finish any 2019 discussions here, and take any 2020 outlook discussions to the 2020 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, mmcc1029 said:

Let's make it 3 punishments in a row 

😁😁😁😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's in a platoon though

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Lol jk dude's a monster

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How 'bout Big Pun with a punishing bomb as the moniker for every HR?   I don't think I'll ever come up with another "Stan-Ton", that one stuck for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enjoy it while it lasts. No plate discipline. Saw him miss multiple pitches by 3+ feet last night. And that was against Tyler Chatwood. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, absknicks said:

Enjoy it while it lasts. F- plate discipline. Saw him miss multiple pitches by 3+ feet last night. And that was against Tyler Chatwood. 

That makes what he is doing more impressive too me. Imagine if he turns that plate discipline to say,  a C-. And if it all falls to pieces in the near future, try and find the next hot bat.  I'm pretty sure *most* don't think they have the next Ken Griffey Jr. Well, yet, anyway...:ph34r:

Edited by Z06vette
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pondering who he reminds people of, how about Eric Davis?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Z06vette said:

Pondering who he reminds people of, how about Eric Davis?

Eric Davis had plus plus speed and very good plate discipline. In his prime years he was walking ~14% of the time had a 22% career K rate. Not sure how Aquino runs, but I doubt its anywhere close to pre-injury Davis, and I know his plate discipline is not on the same level. I would say not a good comp.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But he played on the same team?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, cs3 said:

Eric Davis had plus plus speed and very good plate discipline. In his prime years he was walking ~14% of the time had a 22% career K rate. Not sure how Aquino runs, but I doubt its anywhere close to pre-injury Davis, and I know his plate discipline is not on the same level. I would say not a good comp.

I wasn't really pondering stats, as you stated in this thread a bit early for that. Who knows how this turns out. I was thinking more of batting stance and power and so on.

Edited by Z06vette

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

 

Not even close

If you're going to say something like that, it would be nice if you elaborated just a little bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Z06vette said:

If you're going to say something like that, it would be nice if you elaborated just a little bit.

Not he, but speed alone would suffice to explain the difference 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Not he, but speed alone would suffice to explain the difference 

I guess I should have elaborated more myself when I said Eric Davis, then again, I didn't realize ED had 80 SB's in 86, or even 50 in 87. I was thinking he was a 15-20 SB guy, with 30 home run power. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, absknicks said:

Enjoy it while it lasts. F- plate discipline. Saw him miss multiple pitches by 3+ feet last night. And that was against Tyler Chatwood. 

Yes.  Grisham has his member that thinks he sucks now and now so does Aquino.  You've officially made it, Mr. Punisher.  Congrats!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, someone had to punish MLB for yet again messing around with the ball - I wish they would just make a rule saying we can’t change the ball more than once every  few years, so we might have a chance at understanding pitching on a year-to-year basis.  This is ridiculous.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, BMcP said:

Well, someone had to punish MLB for yet again messing around with the ball - I wish they would just make a rule saying we can’t change the ball more than once every  few years, so we might have a chance at understanding pitching on a year-to-year basis.  This is ridiculous.

Agreed, although they rarely follow most of the new rules they put in (pitch clock, not being able to step out of the box most of the time or call time, etc.).  I doubt they'd follow this one either even if they had an outside company inspect the balls, which would pretty much be the only way to prove that the balls are back to normal.  They'll just say the players that know better cried wolf.

Aquino's HR on Thursday was definitely not because of the juiced ball.  Even if it didn't end up hitting 118.3 MPH, it was still hit so hard it was gone regardless.  Last night's on the other hand probably would have been a fly out.

Edited by KilloWertz
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, not to derail because this has nothing to do with Aquino, but I just wish they would stick with one type of ball for at least a couple of consecutive seasons.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.