KilloWertz

Aristides Aquino 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2019 season will be locked on 2019-11-28. Please finish any 2019 discussions here, and take any 2020 outlook discussions to the 2020 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

4 hours ago, mmcc1029 said:

Let's make it 3 punishments in a row 

😁😁😁😁

He's in a platoon though

Lol jk dude's a monster

• Like 1

How 'bout Big Pun with a punishing bomb as the moniker for every HR?   I don't think I'll ever come up with another "Stan-Ton", that one stuck for sure.

Enjoy it while it lasts. No plate discipline. Saw him miss multiple pitches by 3+ feet last night. And that was against Tyler Chatwood. 

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, absknicks said:

Enjoy it while it lasts. F- plate discipline. Saw him miss multiple pitches by 3+ feet last night. And that was against Tyler Chatwood. 

That makes what he is doing more impressive too me. Imagine if he turns that plate discipline to say,  a C-. And if it all falls to pieces in the near future, try and find the next hot bat.  I'm pretty sure *most* don't think they have the next Ken Griffey Jr. Well, yet, anyway...:ph34r:

Edited by Z06vette
  • Like 1

Pondering who he reminds people of, how about Eric Davis?

14 minutes ago, Z06vette said:

Pondering who he reminds people of, how about Eric Davis?

Eric Davis had plus plus speed and very good plate discipline. In his prime years he was walking ~14% of the time had a 22% career K rate. Not sure how Aquino runs, but I doubt its anywhere close to pre-injury Davis, and I know his plate discipline is not on the same level. I would say not a good comp.

• Like 1

But he played on the same team?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, cs3 said:

Eric Davis had plus plus speed and very good plate discipline. In his prime years he was walking ~14% of the time had a 22% career K rate. Not sure how Aquino runs, but I doubt its anywhere close to pre-injury Davis, and I know his plate discipline is not on the same level. I would say not a good comp.

I wasn't really pondering stats, as you stated in this thread a bit early for that. Who knows how this turns out. I was thinking more of batting stance and power and so on.

Edited by Z06vette

5 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Not even close

If you're going to say something like that, it would be nice if you elaborated just a little bit.

10 minutes ago, Z06vette said:

If you're going to say something like that, it would be nice if you elaborated just a little bit.

Not he, but speed alone would suffice to explain the difference 

7 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Not he, but speed alone would suffice to explain the difference 

I guess I should have elaborated more myself when I said Eric Davis, then again, I didn't realize ED had 80 SB's in 86, or even 50 in 87. I was thinking he was a 15-20 SB guy, with 30 home run power. 

8 hours ago, absknicks said:

Enjoy it while it lasts. F- plate discipline. Saw him miss multiple pitches by 3+ feet last night. And that was against Tyler Chatwood. 

Yes.  Grisham has his member that thinks he sucks now and now so does Aquino.  You've officially made it, Mr. Punisher.  Congrats!

Well, someone had to punish MLB for yet again messing around with the ball - I wish they would just make a rule saying we can’t change the ball more than once every  few years, so we might have a chance at understanding pitching on a year-to-year basis.  This is ridiculous.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, BMcP said:

Well, someone had to punish MLB for yet again messing around with the ball - I wish they would just make a rule saying we can’t change the ball more than once every  few years, so we might have a chance at understanding pitching on a year-to-year basis.  This is ridiculous.

Agreed, although they rarely follow most of the new rules they put in (pitch clock, not being able to step out of the box most of the time or call time, etc.).  I doubt they'd follow this one either even if they had an outside company inspect the balls, which would pretty much be the only way to prove that the balls are back to normal.  They'll just say the players that know better cried wolf.

Aquino's HR on Thursday was definitely not because of the juiced ball.  Even if it didn't end up hitting 118.3 MPH, it was still hit so hard it was gone regardless.  Last night's on the other hand probably would have been a fly out.

Edited by KilloWertz
  • Like 1

Yep, not to derail because this has nothing to do with Aquino, but I just wish they would stick with one type of ball for at least a couple of consecutive seasons.

• Like 3