thebadferret

Terry McLaurin 2019 Outlook

34 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

"Normal situation" might be a better way to term it.  I don't see them every throwing it 4 times in a row to McLaurin at the goal line ever again.

I don’t know, they’ve been trying to get younger at RB for *years*. Maybe that series had more to do with not trusting elderly AP to move the pile, and less to do with it being Terry’s birthday.

Edited by eg4190

1 minute ago, eg4190 said:

I don’t know, they’ve been trying to get younger at RB for *years*. Maybe that series had more to do with not trusting elderly AP to move the pile, and less to do with it being Terry’s birthday.

Fine, maybe they pass it, but 4 times in a row TO THE SAME GUY?  C'mon.  They were trying to get him a TD on his birthday with the game out of hand.  The TV announcer even said they were trying to get him a TD after the 3rd failed attempt.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Fine, maybe they pass it, but 4 times in a row TO THE SAME GUY?  C'mon.  They were trying to get him a TD on his birthday with the game out of hand.  The TV announcer even said they were trying to get him a TD after the 3rd failed attempt.

Who cares. He's had two good weeks in a row to start his career as a rookie. I am impressed so far. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Who cares. He's had two good weeks in a row to start his career as a rookie. I am impressed so far. 

Like I said, I love the kid.  Just trying to say that he may not have gotten that TD (which, if you're being reasonable, made his day a whole lot better) in a different situation.  What they did at the end there was not normal.

In any case, I think solid WR2 from here on out, with good targets, game script working in his favor, and a good schedule.

5 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Like I said, I love the kid.  Just trying to say that he may not have gotten that TD (which, if you're being reasonable, made his day a whole lot better) in a different situation.  What they did at the end there was not normal.

In any case, I think solid WR2 from here on out, with good targets, game script working in his favor, and a good schedule.

Man...I don't know.  A professional coach dialing up a rookie WR's number because it's his birthday and has family at the game?   Even if the score didn't matter to the outcome of the game, I don't buy it.

I think they were running plays that they thought gave them the best chance to score on.   If the D was leaving Terry in a position to get open, why not throw it to him?

Edited by K197040
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, K197040 said:

Man...I don't know.  A professional coach dialing up a rookie WR's number because it's his birthday and has family at the game?   Even if the score didn't matter to the outcome of the game, I don't buy it.

I think they were running plays that they thought gave them the best chance to score on.   If the D was leaving Terry in a position to get open, why not throw it to him?

Again....4 times in a row to the same guy?  C'mon.  Even the TV announcer was saying they were trying to get McLaurin a TD.  Specifically, McLaurin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Again....4 times in a row to the same guy?  C'mon.  Even the TV announcer was saying they were trying to get McLaurin a TD.  Specifically, McLaurin.

Who cares what the announcer says. They're always spouting BS. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, oliminator123 said:

Who cares what the announcer says. They're always spouting BS. 

Not sure why I'm arguing about this.  Look, if you guys think throwing the ball to the same wide receiver 4 times in a row at the goal line is normal, then so be it.  It's pretty clear to me that the Redskins were trying to get McLaurin a TD since the game was over already.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Brownsfan74 said:

Not sure why I'm arguing about this.  Look, if you guys think throwing the ball to the same wide receiver 4 times in a row at the goal line is normal, then so be it.  It's pretty clear to me that the Redskins were trying to get McLaurin a TD since the game was over already.

plain as day ... most obvious shtick i've seen in awhile - that was definitely a "gimme" from Gruden/Case -

2 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

plain as day ... most obvious shtick i've seen in awhile - that was definitely a "gimme" from Gruden/Case -

But even if they were trying that hard to please him on his birthday, how is that a bad thing? Teams usually don't go out of their way to please a player that they don't value much on the team.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Again, I don't care. He gave me fantasy points. What difference does it make how he got them? What was the excuse the week before? They wanted him to have a good first career game ever? He's scored points two weeks in a row. If you wanna play "WELL IF THIS THING DIDNT HAPPEN THEN HE WOULDNT HAVE DONE GOOD" we can play that in every players thread. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Corleone said:

But even if they were trying that hard to please him on his birthday, how is that a bad thing? Teams usually don't go out of their way to please a player that they don't value much on the team.

oh, i never said it was a bad or good thing ... just that folks not wanting to see how obvious it was are flat out oblivious to what they pulled off. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

oh, i never said it was a bad or good thing ... just that folks not wanting to see how obvious it was are flat out oblivious to what they pulled off. 

Overall to me, I'm good with anyway the points come :) 

1 minute ago, Corleone said:

Overall to me, I'm good with anyway the points come :) 

certainly. 

get 'em any way ya can. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Love this guy but we should be realistic too.  He was blanketed for 3 quarters and really only got that TD because they force fed him it at the goal line.  Four passes in a row from 6 yards out.  I don't think that happens in a normal game.  Spina gave a great tip about it being McLaurin's birthday and his whole family being there, so that would explain it.

Having said that, he does seem to be a focal point of the passing game and if he's getting 7-10 targets per game (very reasonable), then he should be a solid WR2 with his talent.  His schedule is pretty good too.

He was forcefed because he got them to the goal line and they thought he deserved to be rewarded with a touchdown. I agree, and he did.

From PFF this afternoon:

TERRY MCLAURIN IS THE CLEAR NO. 1 TARGET IN WASHINGTON

Scary Terry is taking over the nation’s capital. The Redskins’ third-round pick, former Ohio State wide receiver Terry McLaurin, has quickly emerged as the team’s top target just two weeks into his rookie year. The 6-foot, 208-pounder has played 90.3% of Washington’s offensive snaps through Weeks 1 and 2, a figure that leads all at his position. He also leads his team and all rookie pass-catchers in aimed target share (21%). And the results from his heavy usage have been nothing short of spectacular. McLaurin ranks fifth in receiving grade (82.4), 15th in yards per route run (2.49) and 14th in passer rating when targeted (142.4) among wideouts with 40 or more routes run in 2019.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

spacer.png

Kid's the truth... Scary I'll Ghost you for a Touchdown Terry ! No but seriously guys , very solid WR3 with upside hence forth. With a chance to crack WR2 , which we all would be super stoked if it were to happen. Kudos to all that picked him up , there's some good times ahead. I wouldn't doubt he has a double touchdown game here and there. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Chicago is going to be a TOUGH matchup. If he finds some wiggle room against them, wow. 

I believe.

I'M GONNA DO IT. 

4 minutes ago, potatoetree said:

I believe.

I'M GONNA DO IT. 

I'm prolly going to pull the trigger as well, at least the game is at home... if that accounts for anything lol . I'm hoping that Jordan Reed plays this game, if not for anything else but a decoy to take away coverage. We shall see I guess ... as long as he gets double digit targets I'll be happy with the end result. BUT if this kid finds the end zone this week against Chicago, HE IS THE TRUTH !

19 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

I'm prolly going to pull the trigger as well, at least the game is at home... if that accounts for anything lol . I'm hoping that Jordan Reed plays this game, if not for anything else but a decoy to take away coverage. We shall see I guess ... as long as he gets double digit targets I'll be happy with the end result. BUT if this kid finds the end zone this week against Chicago, HE IS THE TRUTH !

Oh yeah definitely. Think he jumps to WR2 if he pulls off a big week against the Bears

• Like 1