thebadferret

Terry McLaurin 2019 Outlook

2 minutes ago, ponza88 said:

Scary for us Scary Terry owners.

But have faith! He's good enough to keep on the bench for a few weeks.

He’ll be on my bench till he returns. Even if it’s a 6 week recovery 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dropshadows said:

I have Davante as well. Cheers.

You and me both, what a nightmare Thursday turned out to be. And have Chirs Godwin on top of that . Christ almighty lol ... bad times over here . I rather he just sit out if he's not at a 100% , hamstrings injuries can linger... I rather he not reagervate it.   

1 minute ago, RunCMC said:

You and me both, what a nightmare Thursday turned out to be. And have Chirs Godwin on top of that . Christ almighty lol ... bad times over here . I rather he just sit out if he's not at a 100% , hamstrings injuries can linger... I rather he not reagervate it.   

I have Godwin, too.

1hyD.gif

• Haha 2

Just now, Sean Tambo said:

Best matchup of the year!! and he's now playing it from my bench...😭

Aint that a b*tch!

There is another game against the Giants on the schedule, and with a little luck, some of us might use him then...

• Like 1

Since it's a hammy issue this late in the week , I hope tomorrow they update him to DNP . Seriously if he gets the green light on Sunday to play, than we all have decisions to make . I might start him, out of desperation . He most likely won't be playing at full strength, might re injure himself. Just sit out please, this week and the next if necessary. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RunCMC said:

Since it's a hammy issue this late in the week , I hope tomorrow they update him to DNP . Seriously if he gets the green light on Sunday to play, than we all have decisions to make . I might start him, out of desperation . He most likely won't be playing at full strength, might re injure himself. Just sit out please, this week and the next if necessary. 

I don't have the data, but I can't honestly remember a single time a receiver I had had a hamstring injury, didn't practice on Friday and played well on Sunday.

Most of the time they didn't play, when they did it was usually some abysmal effort and I kicked myself for using them.

Anyone have any other kind of experience?  Happy to be wrong with this one.

• Like 1

He's a can't start for me this week. Even if he plays, certainly it will be limited snaps, just can't take the chance. 

The fact that he's a game time decision and not already ruled out leaves me optimistic that it's minor and he could be a full go for Week 5.

Richardson arguably has standalone value.  As long as Terry is out, he seems solidly in the WR3 range with upside.

It could be just a tweak mid week and holding him out might just be precautionary to give him some heal time before sunday.

I hope at least.

• Like 1

GTD, that is good news. Still playing Preston Williams over him bc of likely reduced snaps but at least it isn’t sounding like a multiple week injury. 

2 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

AB

welcome to our Nation's Capitol, #84 🏛

the Gruden exacta is waiting!

ya just know Danny Boy is facacta enuff to entertain this. 

would be the greatest Indigenous Peoples WR since ... well, McLuvin. 

hit the wire, or light yer bones on fire 💥

Do you just go in to every thread for a WR with any kind of injury and yell "ANTONIO BROWN!!IT'S HAPPENING!!!ARAARAARRGGGGHHH!!!"? Because that's what it seems like. How many leagues do you own him in?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, pushaZ said:

Are people gonna roll him out tho?

Still approaching with caution.  But great for long term prospects at the very least.

1 hour ago, RunCMC said:

Davante, Godwin and McLaurin in my big money league as well.. 🤦🏻‍♂️

And yes, trotting him out Sunday when it happened Thursday even if it’s ’only’ a minor tweak is extremely risky business. Not just for fantasy managers but Redskins staff as well. The Trent Williams saga has me slightly nervous about that medical staff not holding McLaurin back even if he’d ’feel’ ok this weekend.

1 minute ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Still approaching with caution.  But great for long term prospects at the very least.

My thoughts too.  Even if he's out this weekend, sounds like he'll be ok quickly.

• Thanks 1

Yeah I’d rather they sit him. No need to turn something minor into something major. Maybe they plan on limiting his snaps? Could just be one of those things where he felt sore and was told to stop practicing and don’t practice Friday as precaution, then he balls out Sunday. Hard to call it.

Just now, Mr.Joshua said:

Any  insight on JP Finlay's track record as a Skin's beat writer?

Good point.  A lot of us McCoy owners got totally screwed by a beat reporter's "take" right before the KC game started.

1 minute ago, Brownsfan74 said:

My thoughts too.  Even if he's out this weekend, sounds like he'll be ok quickly.

I don't think the issue is if he's out, it's if he re injures it in the 2nd quarter.