thebadferret

Terry McLaurin 2019 Outlook

10 minutes ago, BrianM said:

Joining in for the week 1 waiver discussion.   For me, its both Browns- Hollywood or AJ, John Ross, and this guy.     

Washington looks like they'll give up the most points of the bunch there, so McLovin is first or second for me in that group.  

Hollywood or McLaurin easily for me.. Being as I already have Hollywood I'm going to be using a lot of my waiver bid on McLaurin for sure. Game scripts will be conducive to him having a lot of garbage points as well. Throw in the fact if Haskins starts the second half of the season they played in college together literally the perfect scenario, Ross will have AJG back eventually never been a fan either and A.J. Brown is on the titans that pass game is bleh and there is never a clear cut go to option its week to week way too volatile.

Edited by NyZD

2 minutes ago, NyZD said:

Hollywood or McLaurin easily for me.. Being as I already have Hollywood I'm going to be using a lot of my waiver bid on McLaurin for sure. Game scripts will be inclusive to him having a lot of garbage points as well. Throw in the fact if Haskins starts the second half of the season they played in college together literally the perfect scenario, Ross will have AJG back eventually never been a fan either and A.J. Brown is on the titans that pass game is bleh and there is never a clear cut go to option its week to week way too volatile.

Yeah, pretty much all of this.   Hollywood might be the real deal but they're still a rushing offense that can't play the Dolphins again.   Ross seems to score a TD in week 1 every single year, then he's barely heard from again.    I do like AJ Brown but he seems like a back end guy at best.  McLaurin's in a great spot to get targets

Sounds like the #1 add for many. Rookie WR usually dont work out, but he might be an exception.

1 hour ago, mjb said:

Sounds like the #1 add for many. Rookie WR usually dont work out, but he might be an exception.

Glass half full approach: We're overdue for a rookie WR to work out. 

Might sound crazy but I like this kid alot more than Brown. With his size and speed, hes more than just a downfield threat compared to Hollywood B .  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Might sound crazy but I like this kid alot more than Brown. With his size and speed, hes more than just a downfield threat compared to Hollywood B .  

Doesn't sound crazy what so ever I have Brown on my bench in my keeper league and very happy that I have him.. But I think Terry is the real deal and will be a lot more consistent he's a freakin bull to go along with being a deep threat high pointing balls in traffic etc.. Planning to drop a borderline ridiculous waiver amount on this guy.. A.J Brown meh John Ross meh... Extreme belief in this dude not to mention like I said in a previous post should Haskins take over week whatever they played together in college..

Edited by NyZD
  • Thanks 1

Can anyone provide his snap percentage please

Edited by NyZD

1 hour ago, NyZD said:

Doesn't sound crazy what so ever I have Brown on my bench in my keeper league and very happy that I have him.. But I think Terry is the real deal and will be a lot more consistent he's a freakin bull to go along with being a deep threat high pointing balls in traffic etc.. Planning to drop a borderline ridiculous waiver amount on this guy.. A.J Brown meh John Ross meh... Extreme belief in this dude not to mention like I said in a previous post should Haskins take over week whatever they played together in college..

Dropping it all 💰 on this 🐈. Meow!

• Like 1

Me personally will pass, I am not a fan of the QB.

Are you buying into Case Keenum?

I'm gonna bid big on this guy as well.  Might be the only chance you get to pick up a stud player with FAAB.

1 minute ago, shakestreet said:

That’s what makes it so impressive. Then you have other guys I won’t name (Cincy) dropping balls left and right.

Yeah I generally never save up my money so I never get the chance at the obvious studs. Im thinking about spending a big chunk on him though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

That’s what makes it so impressive. Then you have other guys I won’t name (Cincy) dropping balls left and right.

Maybe Case had one of those wow games, a once in a lifetime game, never to be seen again. 

My concern with him is that his next two games are vs Dallas and Chicago. Don't feel good about starting him either of those games. Hollywood on the other hand plays Arizona next. Over the course of the season he could be a better player but I need to win right away (lost Tyreek and Evans looks like doodoo).

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

I wouldnt shout from rooftops that Case Keenum is a white knight, but he's competent.   He won't be Vikings Keenum again, that was a one time thing, but he's savvy enough to move the ball a bit.    

1 hour ago, NyZD said:

Can anyone provide his snap percentage please

62/67 2nd highest snap count among Redskins WR's beind Quinn with 65/67.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

QB is irrelevant. He's the #1 option on a bad team. Volume is king for receivers. Allen Robinson didn't have any issues putting up 1400 yards and 14 TDs on a 5-11 team quarterbacked by Blake Bortles.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

QB is irrelevant. He's the #1 option on a bad team. Volume is king for receivers. Allen Robinson didn't have any issues putting up 1400 yards and 14 TDs on a 5-11 team quarterbacked by Blake Bortles.

I wouldn't say QB is totally irrelevant but Keenum is good enough. Nathan Peterman would knock the wind out of my sails tho

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

This is the same Keenum who had Diggs and Thielen thrive two years ago and then had Manny Sanders as a top 12 receiver before going down last year. Terry is the real deal don't let Keenum change that. Also, if you believe Keenum is that bad, it is not long until Haskins takes over and immediately brings back that Ohio State connection they had last year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Is he the clear #1? I’m asking since I went into the draft without  knowledge of this team. I didn’t plan on having any Washington player on my roster, seems tempting.

I'll pass. Might only be able to use him one week out of the next month. DAL, CHI, @NYG, NE.

Just now, nonstopfan said:

I'll pass. Might only be able to use him one week out of the next month. DAL, CHI, @NYG, NE.

I'd argue those last 2 teams are neutral maybe even slightly positive matchups.