thebadferret

Terry McLaurin 2019 Outlook

54 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

QB is irrelevant. He's the #1 option on a bad team. Volume is king for receivers. Allen Robinson didn't have any issues putting up 1400 yards and 14 TDs on a 5-11 team quarterbacked by Blake Bortles.

Lol yeah he did. He never got close to repeating again even when he had same # of targets 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Lol yeah he did. He never got close to repeating again even when he had same # of targets 

I mean, we are talking about this year though. Unless you are talking about dynasty/keeper it doesn't matter. Frankly, it wouldn't matter then either since Keenum isn't going to be the starter for the long-term.

18 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

I'd argue those last 2 teams are neutral maybe even slightly positive matchups.

Perhaps. Dont sleep on NE defense this year that secondary is nasty

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, fingers said:

Perhaps. Dont sleep on NE defense this year that secondary is nasty

No doubt. Patrick Chung has that secret ingredient.

• Haha 5

38 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

I'll pass. Might only be able to use him one week out of the next month. DAL, CHI, @NYG, NE.

might still be work it just for the checkdowns. If they get down big (likely) they'll have to pass anyways. What are they gonna do run it? lol

I'll take him over the ravens brown as they wont be facing the dolphins every year and will definitely run more.

1 hour ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Lol yeah he did.

No, actually he didn't, but thanks for ignoring my point and attempting to make your own.

1 hour ago, mjb said:

Is he the clear #1? I’m asking since I went into the draft without  knowledge of this team. I didn’t plan on having any Washington player on my roster, seems tempting.

He looks that way from the box scores, if we're not counting Thompson. I was watching all of the games and not focused in on 1. He tied with Davis and Richardson for 2nd on the team in targets with 7 and had 125 yards, and you have to imagine that his role is far more likely to grow than the other Redskins. He's got a better argument for the #1 than Brown, where Andrews looks like the clear top target, or Ross, where Boyd still managed 11 targets last game. And considering his size relative to Brown/Ross, plus the deep speed he also has, I think he's the top WR add on the wire, albeit not by a ton because of how strong this crop is.

On 8/31/2019 at 12:25 PM, Spina said:

Believe in the coming weeks many will be disappointed they're not in position to scoop him off waivers.

Believe that time is now....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Me personally will pass, I am not a fan of the QB.

Are you buying into Case Keenum?

He may not be a good real life QB but he's supported wr2's in Minnesota and a wr1 in Sanders. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, scheibler said:

He may not be a good real life QB but he's supported wr2's in Minnesota and a wr1 in Sanders. 

Exactly this. Case will make mistakes, but he is quite good at extending plays and getting the ball downfield. Not afraid to take chances either.

5 minutes ago, pbjfb said:

I wouldn't yet, see how they are maybe after the 5 week stretch

If you want McLaurin, now is likely the last time you can get him.

As for Dede - being an Owner/Believer in both - even with the lost of Foles and Conley/Chalk decent games, I can't see dropping with the draft capital invested after only one week.

HOWEVER.....

You want McLaurin somehow.

Top speed reached by a player in Week 1, tracked by @NextGenStats: 1. Saquon Barkley: 21.8 MPH 2. Malcolm Butler: 21.5 MPH 3. DeSean Jackson: 21.4 MPH 4. Sammy Watkins: 21.3 MPH 5. Terry McLaurin: 21.2 MPH

Image result for roadrunner gif

• Like 1

Is he worth a #1 waiver? I just hate burning it one someone who will have a 2 for 20 game next. I've seen it happen so many times. Someone please convince me I'm wrong here.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

Is he worth a #1 waiver? I just hate burning it one someone who will have a 2 for 20 game next. I've seen it happen so many times. Someone please convince me I'm wrong here.

Like anyone on the world has an answer on these type of questions, even his coaches or Terry himself can't help you with this. Buy him and see what happens or not.

12 hours ago, scheibler said:

Yes he did, but in those cases those teams had supporting cast in Washington it doesn’t look there is no-one.

If McLaurin is the #1 option in Washington nobody gave him much thought since in almost every league he went undrafted. 

2 hours ago, RoseLin23 said:

Ah, the curse of the #1 waiver slot. Don't be afraid to pull the trigger and not let good pieces go by waiting for your white whale 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I, too, have #1 waiver priority and want to capitalize on one of the young rookies. What I like most about him was that his catches came from all over the field. Short, intermediate, deep. He made a tough catch, was being hyped all throughout the preseason, and forced another reciever out. He was on the field for a large percentage of plays (over 90% of the snaps) and has the size and strength to be a factor in the redzone. I am curious to see what Hollywood does going forward but I know who I am burning my waiver claim on, Scary Terry. Baltimore's run game and defense are too prominent. Washington's, not so much. SHould be opportunities here. Sign me up. 

17 minutes ago, fingers said:

Ah, the curse of the #1 waiver slot. Don't be afraid to pull the trigger and not let good pieces go by waiting for your white whale 

this. 

C'MON, ISHMAEL - HARPOON YA SUM McLUVIN!

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Like 1

I'm not sure I'd spend the #1 waiver slot for this guy, but I do like picking him up otherwise.

4 hours ago, the holy one said:

Like anyone on the world has an answer on these type of questions, even his coaches or Terry himself can't help you with this. Buy him and see what happens or not.

If they turn over every week, why not? If waivers don't reset, save it for the inevitable running back injury

• Like 1

[...] I am looking at the fact that he caught 7 passes more than the yardage that he tallied. I think he will stay as the #1 WR option for this team because the other options are not that strong.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

1 hour ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

He is my number 1 waiver for this week. They're going to pass and having McLaurin as my 5th wr never hurt anyone.

Sure it can hurt you. If/when you waste your #1 waiver and the guy you miss out on next week becomes a stud.

• Like 1