thebadferret

Terry McLaurin 2019 Outlook

How often does a coach say one thing and does another thing? I will believe it when I see it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

What are all these takes in this thread saying Washington is brutal, Miami should win, Washington will be chasing. 

What the f--- sport have you people been watching this whole time? Miami is absolutely horrible. Maybe the worst team of all time. 

And you think the Redskins aren't similar because?

1 minute ago, bomont said:

Kind of early to be drunk isn't it lol

Drunk on mock drafts and a quality game of "football" lol

Well this debate belongs in another forum, but sure I can actually see MIA making it a game. I am sure coming off a bye, they are healthier and see WAS as a realistic shot to get on the board. As for Mclaurin, hoping for 85 and a TD, be happy with that.

Do not forget Bill Callahan is an idiot and moron and one of the worst coaches to ever be in charge of an NFL team. Washington could very easily lose this game and while I think it's a positive for McLaurin that Keenam is starting I have absolutely NO idea what Callahan will do with the game plan and how he'll choose to use (or probably completely ignore) his best offensive weapon in McLaurin. I have NO idea what happens in this game. I'm starting him in one league where I'm desperate and he's riding the bench in another where i have more depth. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, yossarian said:

Do not forget Bill Callahan is an idiot and moron and one of the worst coaches to ever be in charge of an NFL team. Washington could very easily lose this game and while I think it's a positive for McLaurin that Keenam is starting I have absolutely NO idea what Callahan will do with the game plan and how he'll choose to use (or probably completely ignore) his best offensive weapon in McLaurin. I have NO idea what happens in this game. I'm starting him in one league where I'm desperate and he's riding the bench in another where i have more depth. 

sources have told me that there will be some running, passing, and catching of footballs. There may be one team trying to defend against the other, that is still questionable at this point.

i hope that helps you understand what happens in this game.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chargahs said:

sources have told me that there will be some running, passing, and catching of footballs. There may be one team trying to defend against the other, that is still questionable at this point.

i hope that helps you understand what happens in this game.

Look--this is Dolphins/Washington. Are we absolutely sure ANY of those things are going to happen in this game?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, yossarian said:

Look--this is Dolphins/Washington. Are we absolutely sure ANY of those things are going to happen in this game?

sources say yes we are.

Based on preliminary reports, I say bench McLaurin. Forget the tougher schedule down the line (which everyone is afraid of). It is clear that Redskins will likely abandon the pass. I expect three passes to be thrown. McLaurin will receive one, Adrian Peterson one, and Jordan Reed the other (from the blue tent). Bench!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Currently leaning towards starting F1 over both Ju Ju and Gallup. Methinks you run worried benchers are bonkers. I see a monster game ahead. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, mrfrood said:

How often does a coach say one thing and does another thing? I will believe it when I see it.

Believe it my friend. AP is gonna get an absolute minimum 20 carries. 

1 hour ago, tatddy said:

Currently leaning towards starting F1 over both Ju Ju and Gallup. Methinks you run worried benchers are bonkers. I see a monster game ahead. 

Juju I could understand but not Gallup. For me in fantasy what I try to avoid are variables/uncertainties. You have a lot with Juju, you have a lot with McLaurin, and none with Gallup. 

I know the Keenum news is good but he's got a very short leash and we have no idea what the offense will look like with the new coach. Sounds like much more run heavy. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Believe it my friend. AP is gonna get an absolute minimum 20 carries. 

Juju I could understand but not Gallup. For me in fantasy what I try to avoid are variables/uncertainties. You have a lot with Juju, you have a lot with McLaurin, and none with Gallup. 

I know the Keenum news is good but he's got a very short leash and we have no idea what the offense will look like with the new coach. Sounds like much more run heavy. 

If they throw the ball 25 plus times I'm happy. 

7 hours ago, Mr Rourke said:

No coach, no matter how stupid is going to run only. Don't overthink this. 

Their defense is trash so they will be running for like the first five minutes of the game.

• Like 1

I think at this point in the season and with Miami’s bye week, it maybe safe to say Washington’s dysfunction > Miami’s dysfunction/lack of talent... 

it maybe a close game though but Miami has a very good shot at winning 

Regardless, I think McLaurin gets his 6-8 targets

Don’t overthink this. McLaurin shouldn’t be anyone’s WR2 or WR3. If he is in week 5 then you’ve had bad injury luck or a poor draft. He’s a bye week plug WR3 and a solid flex.  

I don’t mind that Callaghan wants to run a lot. That’s great. Even dead runs still get the D focused on the backfield which makes play actions more effective and allows for more 1:1 coverage with minimal or no safety help. In a worst case scenario o the skins pass 15-20 times a week. McLaurin will still get 5-9 targets and I’d still their best red zone passing option. There’s literally no one else in the pass game other than Chris Thompson, which again, keeps the safeties focused on the line of scrimmage, so McLaurins targets should be more lightly contested. Qb accuracy could be an issue, but a 50% catch rate and the possibility of a red zone or break away TD is always possible with F1.  

Low output to me is 3 rec / 40 yds / 0 td / 7 ppr pts. Reasonable expectation is 5 / 80 / 1 / 19 ppr pts. High is 7 / 110 / 2 / 30 ppr pts. This to me is his go-forward per game projection as long as Keenum is playing. If he starts getting yanked after 2 ints then all bets are off. For now, Terry is super safe high upside every week starter and best in class bye week flex fill in my opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, WestCoastMets said:

Low output to me is 3 rec / 40 yds / 0 td / 7 ppr pts. Reasonable expectation is 5 / 80 / 1 / 19 ppr pts. High is 7 / 110 / 2 / 30 ppr pts. This to me is his go-forward per game projection as long as Keenum is playing. If he starts getting yanked after 2 ints then all bets are off. For now, Terry is super safe high upside every week starter and best in class bye week flex fill in my opinion. 

So, he'll get somewhere between 7-30 fantasy points.... Cool, cool. That's super helpful. 

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, WestCoastMets said:

Don’t overthink this. McLaurin shouldn’t be anyone’s WR2 or WR3. If he is in week 5 then you’ve had bad injury luck or a poor draft. He’s a bye week plug WR3 and a solid flex.  

I don’t mind that Callaghan wants to run a lot. That’s great. Even dead runs still get the D focused on the backfield which makes play actions more effective and allows for more 1:1 coverage with minimal or no safety help. In a worst case scenario o the skins pass 15-20 times a week. McLaurin will still get 5-9 targets and I’d still their best red zone passing option. There’s literally no one else in the pass game other than Chris Thompson, which again, keeps the safeties focused on the line of scrimmage, so McLaurins targets should be more lightly contested. Qb accuracy could be an issue, but a 50% catch rate and the possibility of a red zone or break away TD is always possible with F1.  

Uhhh, okay?  WR3 = Every week flex consideration.  A lot of all over the place opinions and contradictions in that post.

• Like 4

The weather could be a minor concern as winds will be around 12mph or greater which is the wind speed that could have an impact on the passing game. 

3 hours ago, WestCoastMets said:

This is all I needed to start terry up

Edited by Tghetty
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, smeeze said:

He's scared of Mclaren F1, but new coach, he's going for the victory for the skins to win they need production out of Case and Terry.  AP is not going to win this game for Redskins.

9 hours ago, WestCoastMets said:

Boy, someone is sure salty they missed out on this cat.

• Haha 1