thebadferret

Terry McLaurin 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, ponchsox said:

49ers D + weather. Better days ahead.

woulda liked to see a little more success but yeah

Case Keenum back in Minny next week. Revenge game?

Edited by OrangeCrush

43 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

Callahan simply doesn't like throwing. Terry is ******. 

It was a monsoon out there - weather played a huge role 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tread_Lightly said:

It was a monsoon out there - weather played a huge role 

He only caught 4 in the previous game. It wasn't the weather. 

10 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

it was the weather.

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

The defense he was facing had nothing at all to do with it. Zero.

Don’t start anyone against the 49ers again for the rest of the season! Every year there’s a sneaky D that we don’t expect to shut down our weapons, until we catch on halfway through the season. SF is that defense this year.

11 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

The defense he was facing had nothing at all to do with it. Zero.

It was the dolphins. He only caught 4 vs the worst team in the league. He had one of his best games vs Chicago under gruden. Callahan just doesn't like to throw. 

• Like 1

He got shut down today. I still see him as a must-start going forward.

• Like 1

What about next week vs Xavier ? Isnt he a shut down. Assume he was on Galloway today so Det threw everything away to Marvin Jones? Or is Xavier not a shut down , stay away anymore ?

7 minutes ago, damageinc said:

What about next week vs Xavier ? Isnt he a shut down. Assume he was on Galloway today so Det threw everything away to Marvin Jones? Or is Xavier not a shut down , stay away anymore ?

Xavier is terrible. He was torched by the Lions WRs today. Hopefully he follows Terry all over the place on Thursday, if he isn't benched before then.

7 minutes ago, Onion said:

Xavier is terrible. He was torched by the Lions WRs today. Hopefully he follows Terry all over the place on Thursday, if he isn't benched before then.

Vikings fan checking in here. Xavier is lazy this year. This defense is letting teams put up scores on them as the game progresses. 

44 minutes ago, damageinc said:

30 minutes ago, Onion said:

so was Xavier on Golladay or not? 

Golladay with 1/21 today.. 

1 minute ago, JSA2422 said:

Dunno whoever let Marvin Jones get some or all of those TD's I want on McLaurin.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

Rhodes gave up 2 of the TDs to Jones today and at least one big gainer plus a 30+ yard Pass Interference that I can recall. Waynes gave up one and cannot remember on the 4th. Xavier looks lost out there.

Edited by Onion
  • Like 1

Weather aside, it was just a horrible/super unlucky game script.  

It was a one-score game for basically the entire game.  Washington has zero urgency or reason to pass; quite the opposite - against the superior team, I think they were more than willing to play the conservative, time of possession game, while their defense held SF in check.  

Washington is going to have to throw the ball if they want to win games.  Their defense isn't that great.  

Between the weather, pass rush and game script there was just no reason to throw.  Washington was semi-successful running all game and the coach was willing to live with that rather than throw in the ugly weather with SF's pass rush bearing down all game.  Who knows how Callahan will call games going forward, but I would throw this one completely out the window due to weather and SF.

Edit: I know O'Connell is calling plays, rather I meant the game script is going to be influenced by what Callahan wants.

Edited by CharlesCC2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, JSA2422 said:

He may have been for part of the game but he definitely wasn't shadowing him. Jones caught several balls on him and one of the TDs for sure, possibly more (I didn't catch them all).

I felt this game coming for weeks now. Admittedly I was wrong prior to today, but you knew it was coming. The good news is it was a bad matchup and the weather was terrible. I still think you have to be cautiously optimistic moving forward. 

I think you just throw out yesterday's game.  Pretend it didn't happen.  So many things going against him that won't be the case going forward.