thebadferret

Terry McLaurin 2019 Outlook

Let's see what happens with weather not being a factor and when the Redskins are down big on Thursday. 

4 hours ago, mrfrood said:

Let's see what happens with weather not being a factor and when the Redskins are down big on Thursday. 

The concern is they're getting destroyed, Keenum looks bad, and Haskins replaces him. 

There's really only 2 things to check when deciding to start or sit Terry.

1.  Weather

2.  Who's throwing to him

The other factors we normally consider are going to be pretty much the same every week.  Game flow is not a consideration since they're gonna be down every week.  The opposing defense is a small factor, but he's proven he can put up numbers against tough defenses and a lot of these tough defenses become not so tough in the 4th when they are blowing out the skins.  So even matchup isn't as huge because Terry is going to live in garbage time anyway.

I like him this week because they're playing in a dome and Case is still the QB.  Until further notice, I think he's a start.

Oh - one other factor...

3.  If Terry has 2-3 bad games in a row.

I add this because, as good as he looks, he's still a rookie and you never really know if his start was a flash in the pan or the real deal.  If he has another couple games of like 30-40 yards and no td, it might be time to reassess the situation.

Edited by Brownsfan74
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

1.  Weather

I'd add injuries to your other receivers,I've already HAD to start Terry three times this season.

13 minutes ago, Nomad_0024 said:

Just traded for him. Anyone starting him this Thursday after Marvin Jones ripped apart the Vikings?

yarp

16 minutes ago, Nomad_0024 said:

Just traded for him. Anyone starting him this Thursday after Marvin Jones ripped apart the Vikings?

Guess it would depend on your options but I'm starting him and not worried about it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brownsfan74 said:

1.  Weather

The other factors we normally consider are going to be pretty much the same every week.  Game flow is not a consideration since they're gonna be down every week.  The opposing defense is a small factor, but he's proven he can put up numbers against tough defenses and a lot of these tough defenses become not so tough in the 4th when they are blowing out the skins.  So even matchup isn't as huge because Terry is going to live in garbage time anyway.

I like him this week because they're playing in a dome and Case is still the QB.  Until further notice, I think he's a start.

Oh - one other factor...

3.  If Terry has 2-3 bad games in a row.

I add this because, as good as he looks, he's still a rookie and you never really know if his start was a flash in the pan or the real deal.  If he has another couple games of like 30-40 yards and no td, it might be time to reassess the situation.

2 hours ago, Brownsfan74 said:

The fact that Case played in Minnesota and led them to the NFC championship game gives me plenty of confidence that he will be fine.  He shouldn't be rattled at all and will likely try and put on a show. 

Also ironic that Cousins was the QB for the 'skins.

2 hours ago, beerfish said:

All of their RB's are banged up right now, he might get 15 targets Thursday night.

This is a very good point.  It's going to be tough for Callahan to ride the running game without any healthy runners.

Adrian Peterson has a grade 1 high-ankle sprain and grade 2 low-ankle sprain.  Even so, Peterson claimed to be "good" for Thursday Night Football against his former Vikings squad. Washington's backfield remains in complete disarray during this short turnaround as Derrius Guice (knee) isn't eligible to return from the team's PUP list until after their Week 10 bye (assuming he's activated two weeks ahead of time) and Chris Thompson is currently battling turf toe. At this rate, Wendell Smallwood would make for a desperation RB4/FLEX as the only available option aside from Peterson if the veteran's limited.

I want to, his upside is hard to replace, but worried McLaurin may have a Golladay type game whose Detroit's #1WR... McLaurin is Wash #1 WR ....Thats what worries me 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sean Tambo said:

I want to, his upside is hard to replace, but worried McLaurin may have a Golladay type game whose Detroit's #1WR... McLaurin is Wash #1 WR ....Thats what worries me 

I can come up with a reason to be worried about every single player I start.  Just weigh your options, give yourself the best chance to win, and what happens happens man.  This stuff isn't totally in our control anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

I can come up with a reason to be worried about every single player I start.  Just weigh your options, give yourself the best chance to win, and what happens happens man.  This stuff isn't totally in our control anyway.

This is a good post.  And the counter to those worries is, "start your studs".   With Terry being a rookie, we just don't have all the history that goes into calling someone a "stud".

But the fact is that he may be one.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, beerfish said:

All of their RB's are banged up right now, he might get 15 targets Thursday night.

That's the way that I'm looking at it myself, and not trying to overthink things here.

I can't see him doing much in that stadium so I'm playing Chase Edmonds over him in my flex. 

Edited by Cardiak