thebadferret

Terry McLaurin 2019 Outlook

6 minutes ago, Onion said:

Half the time I can barely tell what you are trying to say. Except for this post. This one is oddly coherent....and spot on. Nice work!

::reported::

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, BeefDaddy said:

Terry's coming up big in this matchup boys

That's what I hope happens if all goes as planned and the Redskins go down big early.  At first glance I was going to bench him because I thought the Vikings secondary this year was like the dominant secondary of previous years but after looking at the numbers it isn't so, at least so far.  Even Xavier Rhodes who will likely be on McLaurin has struggled some this year.

Edited by sjm76

At least I have a reason to watch what looks like a crappy TNF game.

Idk boys. I think both teams want to move the ball on the ground today - Thursday night plays are always scary anyways. 

I would hate for terry to put up a 3 catch 47 yard day and I stare at 6 points till Sunday. 

I think if you have better options I would probably roll them out 

• Like 1

It's either Scary Terry or Alshon Jeffery @ Buffalo in my PPR league this week.  I'm rolling the dice on Terry and Keenum should have some motivation after being let go by the Vikings after only 1 season a couple years ago.

Here are the game situations McLaurin has scored a TD in this season:

Rk Year Date G# Week Tm   Opp Result Quarter Type Dist Quarterback Score Before Score After
1 2019 2019-09-08 1   WAS @ PHI L 27-32 2 Receiving 69 Case Keenum Lead 10-0 Lead 17-0
2 2019 2019-09-15 2   WAS   DAL L 21-31 4 Receiving 1 Case Keenum Trail 14-31 Trail 21-31
3 2019 2019-09-23 3   WAS   CHI L 15-31 3 Receiving 15 Case Keenum Trail 3-28 Trail 9-28
4 2019 2019-10-13 6   WAS @ MIA W 17-16 2 Receiving 25 Case Keenum Tied 0-0 Lead 7-0*
5 2019 2019-10-13 6   WAS @ MIA W 17-16 3 Receiving 33 Case Keenum Lead 7-3 Lead 14-3

Two TD's came when the Redskins had a lead.
Two TD's came when the Redskins were down big.
One TD came when the Redskins were tied (and there was no score in the game yet).

Meaning so far, he has been able to score in a variety of game situations (which is always good news).
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DValentine said:

Idk boys. I think both teams want to move the ball on the ground today - Thursday night plays are always scary anyways. 

I would hate for terry to put up a 3 catch 47 yard day and I stare at 6 points till Sunday. 

I think if you have better options I would probably roll them out 

I agree, Scary Terry all the way tonight. The upside is just too large in a game they will more likely than not be playing catch up to the Vikings. Rhodes and Waynes have been fairly average at best this year so Terry can turn on the jets at any moment.

The Redskins implied team total is 13 tonight. Worst in the nfl. Worse than the Dolphins. Just throwing that out there do with the info what you choose. 

3 minutes ago, tatddy said:

The Redskins implied team total is 13 tonight. Worst in the nfl. Worse than the Dolphins. Just throwing that out there do with the info what you choose. 

You've convinced me.  I guess I'll bench him for Michael Thomas, or Julio Jones, or I might start Godwin or Evans instead.  Or should I go Hopkins?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, tatddy said:

Sounds like 2 TD for Terry and a missed extra point for Hopkins to me.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, oban14 said:

You've convinced me.  I guess I'll bench him for Michael Thomas, or Julio Jones, or I might start Godwin or Evans instead.  Or should I go Hopkins?

Really you should be starting Jeremy Sprinkle

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Kaytwo said:

Ha. It doesn’t always mean anything. Obviously you’d rather be in the mid twenties or higher but the Saints tt last Sunday was 17.5 and you know what happened there. Obv min will be more prepared than the bears. 

I just read that Peterson will likely be on a snap count so I think the Redskins will be forced to throw more anyway because they aren't going to give Wendell Smallwood 20 carries.  Chris Thompson is also out again along with Vernon Davis leaving McLaurin and a cast of scrubs as targets.

48 minutes ago, tatddy said:

44 minutes ago, oban14 said:

38 minutes ago, Kaytwo said:

32 minutes ago, tatddy said:

Ha. It doesn’t always mean anything. Obviously you’d rather be in the mid twenties or higher but the Saints tt last Sunday was 17.5 and you know what happened there. Obv min will be more prepared than the bears. 

Out of curiosity, I checked the WR performances for the team projected to score the fewest points each week, that was not facing NE defense nor starting a backup QB due to injury. It could be worse...

image.png.5cd1d6edbd6a83f2fac9cf70e852c58b.png

Edited by Corleone
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Corleone said:

Out of curiosity, I checked the WR performances for the team projected to score the fewest points each week, that was not facing NE defense nor starting a backup QB due to injury. It could be worse...

That's nice info thanks for the work. You can add to that McLaurin's high target share. If I didn't have better options I wouldn't feel bad throwing in F1 as my WR3.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Corleone said:

That’s a lot of Preston Williams 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Corleone said:

I like how this data point is skewed to make Devante Parker look like a worldbeater just because Miami has had the lowest implied points total in 4 out of 7 weeks.

Edited by eg4190
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, eg4190 said:

I like how this data point is skewed to make Devante Parker look like a worldbeater just because Miami has had the lowest implied points total in 4 out of 7 weeks.

What are you saying is skewed? The data is what the data is. And I am the furthest person from being a Devante Parker fan. 
If you think it is skewed towards Parker somehow (which it isn't), then what about Preston Williams being listed 4 times just like Parker?

Just now, Broncos132 said:

I really wanna start him, but crappy team+TNF, I'm not brave enough to do it 

Crappy teams can be goldmines for WRs! 

#1 outside WRs vs MIN this year:

Julio 6-31-1

Devante 7-106

Tyrell Williams 3-29-1

Allen Robinson 7-77

Slayton 4-62-1

Alshon 10-76-1

Golladay 1-21