thebadferret

Terry McLaurin 2019 Outlook

16 minutes ago, Broncos132 said:

I really wanna start him, but crappy team+TNF, I'm not brave enough to do it 

Start you must...this beast whom goes by the name Scary Terry . Believe and you shall reap the rewards 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, genya said:

#1 outside WRs vs MIN this year:

Julio 6-31-1

Devante 7-106

Tyrell Williams 3-29-1

Allen Robinson 7-77

Slayton 4-62-1

Alshon 10-76-1

Golladay 1-21

Yeah but does Rhodes follow #1s around? I doubt it, he's not that good anymore 

3 minutes ago, raidaz18 said:

Did Rhodes cover Marvin Jones last week? Anyone?

Jones scored 4 touchdowns!

It was Rhodes, who's been overrated for a while now. He threw a hissy fit after the 4th one.

22 minutes ago, Broncos132 said:

I really wanna start him, but crappy team+TNF, I'm not brave enough to do it 

You have to muster up the cajones, my friend.  The Vikings vs. the pass this year is a better matchup than many people think even at home.  I would roll him out there unless you have a better option.  My other option is Alshon Jeffery @ Buffalo so I'm rolling with Terry.

1 minute ago, raidaz18 said:

Yeah but does Rhodes follow #1s around? I doubt it, he's not that good anymore 

Shadows.png

He does.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, miasma16 said:

It was Rhodes, who's been overrated for a while now. He threw a hissy fit after the 4th one.

He covered him on all 4?

1 minute ago, raidaz18 said:

He covered him on all 4?

no just 1 or two of them 

2 minutes ago, raidaz18 said:

He covered him on all 4?

2 of the TDs. What's your question? Is it whether I can provide you play-by-play of corner assignments from Sunday, or is it whether Rhodes is an actual concern? He's not. If you were going to play Terry, you can feel comfortable playing him.

3 minutes ago, Hops said:

no just 1 or two of them 

Just watched, it was 2 of them inside the 10

• Like 1

Oh the joy of getting to decide whether to start him or not,thanks to injuries and the like Terry has been locked and loaded for me since Sunday night.

3 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

2 of the TDs. What's your question? Is it whether I can provide you play-by-play of corner assignments from Sunday, or is it whether Rhodes is an actual concern? He's not. If you were going to play Terry, you can feel comfortable playing him.

No I was just curious. From watching Rhodes there's no way he can cover McLaurin, he seems to move slow when he has to change direction. Double moves will leave him burnt like toast.

• Like 1

For what it's worth and those that follow Vegas trends, but I found this interesting:

• Over is 7-1 in Redskins last 8 Thursday games.
  • Over is 6-0 in the last 6 meetings.
  • Underdog is 7-3 ATS in the last 10 meetings.

Minnesota defense, for whatever reason, is facing 40.3 pass attempts from the opposing team when they're playing at home, which is tops in the league for home teams.

LETS GO SCARY TERRY!!!!!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, raidaz18 said:

Did Rhodes cover Marvin Jones last week? Anyone?

Jones scored 4 touchdowns!

Can’t imagine Rhodes didn’t cover Galloday.

So unfortunate Keenum left with a concussion...smh. Haskins looks like a lost puppy out there geez

• Haha 2

You're not playing Terry for the next couple weeks.  Next week is Buffalo, then the bye.  After that though...we need to cross our fingers and hope Case is back, because the schedule is very nice after their bye.

• Like 1

Such a letdown, now im facing an uphill battle.  Rookie qbs dont need to be playing, especially ones as bad as haskins.

The maddening thing is that despite all the angst over the matchup, that wasn't the issue here. Terry was on his way to a nice game in the first half, and he would have had a TD if Rhodes hadn't clothes-lined him inside the 5 for the DPI. The problem was entirely that Haskins is a bum who shouldn't be starting NFL games. Terry is dead to me until he plays the Jets.

• Like 1

Saw 2 times he was open and once Haskins didn’t see him and another he threw too high. Could’ve had a nice night 

Every time I say it I get laughed at, and that's totally fine, but THIS is why I say I could understand dropping him. It has nothing to do with his talent, it's the situation. Haskins looks TERRIBLE. Tough matchup next week, possibly without Keenum, then a bye, and realistically he was a bad start tonight. 

We're not talking about holding/benching a guy for 3 weeks who's a locked in WR2 come week 11, we're dealing with a new run heavy coach, an even worse offense, and a strong possibility Haskins is in there. That's a lot of variables that have to play out just right for him to be a good start. 

• Like 1

Keenum was better than Haskins, by the simple fact that Haskins looked like a deer in headlights. 

Poor McLaurin. 

I have little more confidence in Callahan though. Looks like he's letting O'Connell call offensive plays, aka not running AP to the ground. 

It goes to show just how bad Haskins really is when this entire thread is praying that Keenum is healthy and ready to throw our dude the ball next week. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wyzzil said:

It goes to show just how bad Haskins really is when this entire thread is praying that Keenum is healthy and ready to throw our dude the ball next week. 

Haskins seeing mylingar out there. 👻