thebadferret

Terry McLaurin 2019 Outlook

He was in line for a good one, but then Haskins happened. 

This QB it nos event back up material right now ... Poor McLovin, he deserves better.

I'm bad, I will have no break this year.

Another nightmare match up next week. EZ sit for me. After the bye he's never going on my bench again. He abused Rhodes several times. Kid is such a savage.

Live to fight another day, boys. At least there wasn't a goose egg. 

• Like 1

mclaurin is in the worst possible situation as far as qb situation atm.

• Like 1

Crazy there’s talk of dropping this kid. In 4.5 games with Keenum he’s averaging 21.5 points ppr. Those are stud level numbers. The Redskins idiot front office seems to finally be on the same page with the staff that Haskins isn’t ready to take over for Keenum so really it’s only Keenum’s health potentially stopping Terry. And that’s a legit concern as he’s getting pummeled behind that trash OL. But still can’t imagine dropping someone putting up numbers like that.

Hopefully Keenum will make a quick recovery and indeed remain the starter over Haskins. Or else McLaurin may be toast.
With Haskins, I feel this could possibly be a 'Josh Rosen' all over again (where the Redskins take a QB in the 1st round of the 2020 draft, just one season after taking a QB in the 1st round). 

Callahan being a run-heavy coach is certainly not helping anything either. 
In the 1st half, Keenum went 12 for 16, with 130 yards. McLaurin received 5 targets and caught 4 for 39 yards (plus the PI which could have been a TD).
In the 2nd half, Haskins went 3 for 5, with 33 yards and an INT. McLaurin received 1 target, was wide open and Haskins made a terrible throw for the INT.

In addition, Haskins had a total of zero completions to WR's (and just 2 attempts to a WR period). In a game the Redskins were trailing the whole way.

I believe in McLaurin's talent, but he is in a simply terrible position for a WR.

7 hours ago, Wyzzil said:

It goes to show just how bad Haskins really is when this entire thread is praying that Keenum is healthy and ready to throw our dude the ball next week. 

Well, Haskins played an entire half and threw for 33 yards and a pick.  Jerry Rice wouldn't be able to produce with that kind of QB play.

The encouraging thing about last night is how much they focus on Terry in the red zone.  Maybe it is rose colored glasses, but it seemed like they were forcing it to him there and he was the first read.  I would watch where Terry was lined up and then watch where Case was looking after the snap, and it was pretty much always Terry who was the first read.  One time he forced to him (and almost got picked) and the next time Terry wasn't open and Case would get sacked.  But it was clear to me that McLaurin is their primary red zone read.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ajs723 said:

I'm sure Cook will do well, but that isn't the formula for a huge blowout. Sounds more like a grind it out type of game. 

17 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

No one knows s---. Put him in or don't. Let's see what happens.

Hmmm... Interesting. 

59 minutes ago, Bmore86 said:

Crazy there’s talk of dropping this kid. In 4.5 games with Keenum

he’s averaging 21.5 points ppr.

Those are stud level numbers. The Redskins idiot front office seems to finally be on the same page with the staff that Haskins isn’t ready to take over for Keenum so really it’s only Keenum’s health potentially stopping Terry. And that’s a legit concern as he’s getting pummeled behind that trash OL. But still can’t imagine dropping someone putting up numbers like that.

avg ppg is a terrible metric to analyze keeping or dropping a player, it's too volatile of a predictor,your sample size is too small and it doesnt account for a game where he has 30pts  and another where he has 5 pts. Focus on targets and target share and more importantly his situation+opportunity+utilization+execution

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bmore86 said:

Crazy there’s talk of dropping this kid. In 4.5 games with Keenum he’s averaging 21.5 points ppr. Those are stud level numbers. The Redskins idiot front office seems to finally be on the same page with the staff that Haskins isn’t ready to take over for Keenum so really it’s only Keenum’s health potentially stopping Terry. And that’s a legit concern as he’s getting pummeled behind that trash OL. But still can’t imagine dropping someone putting up numbers like that.

It's crazy talk to drop McLaurin because, if you really don't want him on your team anymore, you TRADE him.  Dropping him outright means he is less valuable than anything on the waiver wire, which is ridiculous.  Someone will take him for cheap.  Heck, if you are allowed to trade FAAB, sell him to someone and at least get some FAAB back. 

Dropping him and you lose all value and get nothing back.

19 minutes ago, dashoe said:

avg ppg is a terrible metric to analyze keeping or dropping a player, it's too volatile of a predictor,your sample size is too small and it doesnt account for a game where he has 30pts  and another where he has 5 pts. Focus on targets and target share and more importantly his situation+opportunity+utilization+execution

Yeah, and his targets/target share/situation/opportunity/utilization/execution with Keenum has been great. Keenum's healthy is eally the only question with McLaurin. Haskins is simply not ready. 

Holding on to McLaurin is a little tricky because there is a good chance Keenum is out this coming week and then they are on a bye. 

On the flip side, the Skins face the Eagles and Giants in weeks 15/16 and those are definitely two very exploitable defenses. 

Edited by wideopen21

I'm not dropping McLaurin but like others, I hope that Keenum remains the starter when healthy.  Haskins just obviously isn't ready though I think it's too soon to label him a bust.  I've read that some people have even compared Haskins to Jamarcus Russell already but again, I think it's still too soon to label him an outright bust.

People are dropping Scary Terry? You're crazy. Sit next week, and hold through the bye. Last night confirmed that Haskins isnt even close to being ready to even be the backup. This is Keenum's job ROS.

The interim HC said he wants to go run heavy.

The schedule was easy and now it's going to be hard.

McLaurin was a good sell-high in redraft.  Not too late to try.

• Haha 1

Crazy there’s talk of dropping this kid.

Where is this crazy talk? I see none. I read people dissing Haskins not dropping McLaurin. 

In 4.5 games with Keenum he’s averaging 21.5 points ppr.

Correct 

43 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Correct. Aren’t you two saying the damn same thing? Keep McLaurin? 

4 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Where is this crazy talk? I see none. I read people dissing Haskins not dropping McLaurin. 

Go back a page and read what BGDDYKWL was saying.

49 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Seriously? I wouldn’t ever say it’s the only thing to focus on but it certainly isn’t a terrible piece of the puzzle. And in this case your example of a 30 point game skewing a sample size isn’t applicable. He’s been between 17.2 and 27 for Case’s 4 starts. Also most of the other things you referenced are also capable of being skewed by a small sample size.

5 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Yup. And someone else liked it so the thought had at least one other supporter. I think there’s some posts saying it’s hard to hold him with Buf and a bye on tap. Crazy to me.

6 minutes ago, MadMaxMariota said:

Wish they trade him at this point. F1 would be an absolute STUD in a good offense.

No way they trade him.  They are rebuilding and he is a building block.  It would be nice though.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Correct 

Correct. Aren’t you two saying the damn same thing? Keep McLaurin? 

I think so. I mean I wasn’t trying to paint a picture that avg. ppg is the end all be all for determining future value. Just that he’s been a wr1 when on the field with Keenum and it’s nuts in my mind to think about dropping that level of production when he’s likely got several more games with Keenum in his future.

42 minutes ago, MadMaxMariota said:

Wish they trade him at this point. F1 would be an absolute STUD in a good offense.

I don't know...he already is an absolute stud and I think he's great in this offense.   Keenum trusts him and seems to always look for him and gets him catchable balls.

I'd rather him be on Washington than somewhere like San Fran or NE. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

One person and a like. Big deal. Just remember “take what you need and leave the rest“ or “Winners do what they have to do and losers do what they want to do”. If you take into any stock from guys here you would have started Osbisi Johnson last night. I read he was a plug and play guy. Also he was taking Adam Theilan spot so he was raised into WR2 territory 

Before last nights game McLaurin was a top 17 WR in 1/2 ppr. do you recommend dropping a top 17 receiver?

Edited by shakestreet

I went out for a smoke, when I came back in I saw Haskins behind center. WTF? They didnt even mention Case's name for the rest of the game. Haskins should not be playing right now. That poor kid.

Had Case not been forced out of the game I think Terry has at least 8 catches and a TD.

Edited by dropshadows
  • Like 1