thebadferret

Terry McLaurin 2019 Outlook

37 minutes ago, Jimbalaya said:

Redskins interim coach Bill Callahan wants to move Terry McLaurin around the formation more.

It's a tried-and-true method for sparking a wideout. McLaurin has had some injury issues mixed in, but the Redskins' quarterback chaos has helped hold him below 40 yards in three straight games. The last time he hit 100 was Oct. 13. Just 19.5 percent of McLaurin's routes have originated from the slot. McLaurin does have an excellent Week 11 setup. The Jets' cornerback group is laughably thin, while Dwayne Haskins finally got a week of practice as the clear-cut starter.

Great news in my opinion.  The coach who wants to run is at least acknowledging they need to get McLaurin involved more.    Significantly raises his floor in my opinion.

Would love to see some quick hits to Terry with the possibility of him taking it all the way. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, K197040 said:

Great news in my opinion.  The coach who wants to run is at least acknowledging they need to get McLaurin involved more.    Significantly raises his floor in my opinion.

Would love to see some quick hits to Terry with the possibility of him taking it all the way. 

That's how I feel too. For a young QB, just hit him with some quick slants, set some picks, and see what the kid can do. 

• Like 2

......... you guys are going to talk me into starting him, aren't you?

1 minute ago, JJ1223 said:

with his speed...can you imagine him getting a few slant targets per game?   Easy receptions with the potential for huge YAC.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

lol no no man. He has a friendly matchup, but it's a big question mark with the QB play and offensive direction they are going. If you have better options by all means. But if he has a good result this week with decent targets, it'll be a good start to some friendlier matchups and hopefully giving us some confidence to use him as a spot start with some tough matchups with other wideouts potentially. That's my hope at least. I'm benching him this weekend, but I hope he has a good line from the NYJ game. 

Edited by Jimbalaya
  • Like 1

Just now, K197040 said:

with his speed...can you imagine him getting a few slant targets per game?   Easy receptions with the potential for huge YAC.  

.... like Josh Gordon if Josh Gordon was still Josh Gordon 👍

2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

.... like Josh Gordon if Josh Gordon was still Josh Gordon 👍

lol - hey at least with Josh Gordon he's a big body and on the team with a QB who leads the league in TD's thrown lol. 

I have Odell. Headache case all year for me. Not because of him, but because of that no talent QB throwing to him sigh...lol

Edited by Jimbalaya

5 minutes ago, K197040 said:

STOP IT.  I CANT HEAR YOU I CANT HEAR YOU I CANT HEAR YOU.

3 minutes ago, Jimbalaya said:

If you have better options by all means.

Large assumption to make, friend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

IMO you play him this week or drop him.  If you're not going to play him this week, you're never going to play him.  The matchup doesn't get better than this.  The Jets have no competent DBs and they are tough against the run, so the Skins almost have to pass.

The only way a bench makes sense is if you have 3 better WRs on your team and you are holding him for depth in case one of them gets hurt.

If you want to sit/drop him, that's totally cool.  It means you have zero faith in Haskins, and you could be right about that.

Edited by Brownsfan74
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Brownsfan74 said:

IMO you play him this week or drop him.  If you're not going to play him this week, you're never going to play him.  The matchup doesn't get better than this.  The Jets have no competent DBs and they are tough against the run, so the Skins almost have to pass.

The only way a bench makes sense is if you have 3 better WRs on your team and you are holding him for depth in case one of them gets hurt.

If you want to sit/drop him, that's totally cool.  It means you have zero faith in Haskins, and you could be right about that.

I like the sentiment, but McLaurin still has some great matchups ahead with DET, NYG, and arguably PHI, so I'm in the boat that says wait-and-see if possible.  Earlier in the season when Washington was against Miami, we all told ourselves that if we're not playing McLaurin that week we might as well drop him.  The difference to me is that was with Keenum still playing.  

I'm planning on playing Mixon and Golladay over him for a 0.5 PPR this week. If McLaurin blows up this week while on my bench, that would suck, but I'll be happy that I can start him in the future.  At this point I have more faith in Driskel than Haskins.  I do note that Mike Tagliere from the blurb above likes McLaurin more than Golladay this week.  For now, I'm treating McLaurin like Juju - a great WR being held back by his QB - until we see that Haskins can consistently get McLauring targets.

Edited by ZappB
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Brownsfan74 said:

I'm not sure about that.   I'm starting him with Boyd on bye.

But if Boyd was playing, I'd sit Terry and still hold him based on the new comments from the coach.    And see if they do in fact start to move him around and get him more involved.

So I don't think it's as cut and dry as start him or drop him.

25 minutes ago, K197040 said:

But if Boyd was playing, I'd sit Terry and still hold him based on the new comments from the coach.    And see if they do in fact start to move him around and get him more involved.

Boyd isn't on bye this week... 

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Boyd isn't on bye this week... 

LOL.

Sorry...meant the better Tyler.   Lockett.

I treat Boyd as if he's always on bye.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, K197040 said:

Read my whole post.  I said if you have very deep wrs then a bench makes sense.

15 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Read my whole post.  I said if you have very deep wrs then a bench makes sense.

I did read your whole post. 

Even if one only had average WRs, I wouldn't fault anyone for sitting Terry this weekend to see if he's used differently.  
I don't agree that he's a "start or drop" in that case either.   It would all depend on your record, roster, your weekly matchup, etc.

It's just not a simple A or B as you stated. imo of course.

Come on RW why you hating on our guy? WR3/4? 

If he puts up 4 for 39 with Haskins, two straight games, against 2 great corners. I would think he is good for at least 5 for 60 as a floor against the Jets. 

they gotta throw to someone....no Richardson...no Davis...I don't even know who their other WR's and TE's are... starting McLaurin AND Haskins with confidence lol

7 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I did read your whole post. 

Even if one only had average WRs, I wouldn't fault anyone for sitting Terry this weekend to see if he's used differently.  
I don't agree that he's a "start or drop" in that case either.   It would all depend on your record, roster, your weekly matchup, etc.

It's just not a simple A or B as you stated. imo of course.

Fair enough.  I still think it's ridiculous to carry Terry if you're not gonna start him against the jets, unless you have 3 wrs in the top 20.

I’m sitting for Hollywood and Sanu .. I need to see it with Haskins first. Hopefully he does ball out this week so I can play him going forward

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mmcc1029 said:

What're y'all doing ??? Haskins makes me nervous. 

I'm starting him. Coming off of a bye. Great matchup. Guaranteed volume. Elite talent. As long as they let Haskins throw the ball, Terry should produce well. 

Last 7 WRs to face the Jets:

Conley 4-103-1

Chark 6-79-1

Keelan Cole 2-12-1

Preston Williams 5-72-2

DeVante Parker 4-57-1

Darius Slayton 10-121-2

Golden Tate 4-95-2

If Haskins/Redskins offense can't get the ball to McLaurin this game then its just not happening this year.

I don't own him anywhere, but rolling in DFS. For some reason the Jets just can't cover anybody. I don't care who the QB is- you can hit wide open receivers in a home game against what appears to be the worst pass defense in the league.

He's gonna get back to 80 and a touchdown today. 

Would have liked to see him more involved but that 42 yard catch in the 4th was fantastic. Sucks they called back his 67 yard catch in the first half on a super late holding call too.