UcanTry

Justice Hill 2019 Outlook

12 minutes ago, Rainyy said:

This guy is Kenneth Dixon 2.0.  

1. Hill is *slightly* faster.
  3. Like a Lambo is slightly faster than a Prius.

EDIT: In case it wasn't obvious, IMO Hill and Dixon are not even remotely in the same category. They both play 3rd downs but that's where the similarities end.

Edited by TLBDS

20 minutes ago, TLBDS said:

1. Hill is *slightly* faster.
  3. Like a Lambo is slightly faster than a Prius.

EDIT: In case it wasn't obvious, IMO Hill and Dixon are not even remotely in the same category. They both play 3rd downs but that's where the similarities end.

To clarify, I meant this is a case of a hyped-up/rotoworld darling Ravens RB who is buried in the depth chart and doesn't get the opportunity.  Many of us wasted roster spots speculating on Dixon.  

I'll admit it was a cheap shot in that Dixon was chronically injured, and the two have different strengths/weaknesses (although some overlap as far as 3rd down/receiving/cop).  

Nonetheless, I just don't see it this year for Hill.  And theres more interesting handcuffs out there to bother wasting a roster spot.  

In 14-team, 7 bench rosters, I'd probably stash.  Anything less is pushing it.  He's chilling on the WW in my 14-man, 5 bench league.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Rainyy said:

Nonetheless, I just don't see it this year for Hill.  And theres more interesting handcuffs out there to bother wasting a roster spot.  

In 14-team, 7 bench rosters, I'd probably stash.  Anything less is pushing it.  He's chilling on the WW in my 14-man, 5 bench league.  

Haha - word! Well he'll be a hot waiver add the week Ingram goes down.

i can't believe you guys are still beating the Justice Hill drum. He's an absolute waste of a bench spot in shallow leagues. 

Dropped, Ingram beast.

24 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

i can't believe you guys are still beating the Justice Hill drum. He's an absolute waste of a bench spot in shallow leagues. 

It's almost like there are different sized leagues. Leagues where owners control players for the entirety of their careers even. 

• Thanks 1

Dropped when I needed a backup TE.  Wishing now I'd dropped Justice weeks ago instead of Preston Williams who looks like a fine flex or bye week fill in

11 hours ago, disasterisk said:

It's almost like there are different sized leagues. Leagues where owners control players for the entirety of their careers even. 

If you scroll back through the comments in this thread people were talking him up like the next Alvin Kamara (this season). I'd also venture to say that the majority of FFL leagues are redraft and shallow. A very small percentage plays in deeper / dynasty type leagues. So while I get your point I don't think it justifies the ridiculous hype he was getting for this season. 

14 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

If you scroll back through the comments in this thread people were talking him up like the next Alvin Kamara (this season). I'd also venture to say that the majority of FFL leagues are redraft and shallow. A very small percentage plays in deeper / dynasty type leagues. So while I get your point I don't think it justifies the ridiculous hype he was getting for this season. 

Oh you're "that guy" who chastises people for stashing a lotto ticket and then beats his chest when it doesn't work out? And get over the Kamara thing. Probably like one guy threw his name out and that's the whole basis for your posts in this thread. I guess whatever floats your boat man. And I'd actually venture a guess that the majority of people posting here play in deeper leagues. The league I have him in is very deep.

I'm probably cutting this week though, and I'll just hope I can outbid people if he breaks out down the road. With byes approaching I need guys with a better chance of producing for me in the near term. 

• Thanks 2

Bye weeks kicking in. Hate to say it but I don't think it's happening this season for our guy. Time to drop him for better depth or guys with a better path to making an impact. 

29 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Oh you're "that guy" who chastises people for stashing a lotto ticket and then beats his chest when it doesn't work out? And get over the Kamara thing. Probably like one guy threw his name out and that's the whole basis for your posts in this thread. I guess whatever floats your boat man. And I'd actually venture a guess that the majority of people posting here play in deeper leagues. The league I have him in is very deep.

I'm probably cutting this week though, and I'll just hope I can outbid people if he breaks out down the road. With byes approaching I need guys with a better chance of producing for me in the near term. 

Scroll back through the earlier comments in this post and check out the head I was taking for suggesting he wouldn't be ownable this season. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sSektor said:

What was the hype here? They paid Ingram and he’s still pretty good. 

in fantasy, the backup RB/WR is always the better player, because in fantasy cheap production = money. we always try to speak the backup into existence

• Haha 1

Did people really think he'd be producing/startable by week 3? This is a stash play on a very talented guy who could break out in ppr given the chance.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Did people really think he'd be producing/startable by week 3? This is a stash play on a very talented guy who could break out in ppr given the chance.

Read the quotes in my reply a few posts earlier...because they sure I did. And I never questioned his talent...I questioned his opportunity. If you want to stash him in a redraft league that's fine, but barring an injury I don't think he's going to get enough carries to make a difference this season.  

13 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

No need. I'm already swimming in a sea of your horrible takes. 

I compared him to Jim Brown and Barry Sanders. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, poofinger said:

I compared him to Jim Brown and Barry Sanders. 

And thanks a lot for that. The biggest reason I reached a few rounds early for him was the Jim Brown comparison. Ugh

• Haha 1

This guy isn’t even the #2 on his own team. I wouldn’t even care much for him if Ingram got hurt.

9 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

Dude, you said he would be a "rock solid RB 2 after a few weeks". Well we're a few weeks in...how's that prediction working out for ya?

Don't waste your energy replying, youre going on my ignore list. I don't argue with guys who clearly have an agenda against certain players or who's entire purpose of being on these forums is to tell random internet strangers 'I told you so'

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

Dude, you said he would be a "rock solid RB 2 after a few weeks". Well we're a few weeks in...how's that prediction working out for ya?

He probably meant several. But even that's going to be an uphill battle for Hill. Even though I believe he is the most talented back on that roster.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

He probably meant several. But even that's going to be an uphill battle for Hill. Even though I believe he is the most talented back on that roster.

Don't waste your breath on this guy. I said I like his chances of becoming a rock solid RB2, and even then I recommended dropping him after week 2. But some people hear what they want to/fits their agenda.

I agree that Hill is very talented but I'm concerned that even if he did get a chance due to injury, that Lamar's inability to include RBs in the passing game would greatly affect him. That said we all know what the wire looks like for RBs in any league with 12 or more teams and you obviously got to take your chances on all these dart throw end of beach stashes. Maybe you get lucky with one, maybe you don't, that's the game with the current RB landscape.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Don’t feed the troll. He is misrepresenting what was said to sound smart. Big difference between “would” and “could”. 

The only way to never be wrong in FFB is to never give an opinion. 

• Like 1