UcanTry

Justice Hill 2019 Outlook

Prime breakout candidate here  

If Ingram stays healthy, if Lamar plays well - which I think he will, and if the pass catchers step up... this offense if going to give teams serious problems. 

11 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Interestingly enough a lot of sites had Kamara listed around that weight initially as well.

Most skill position guys are going to put on a little muscle with pro trainers taking their lifting routines to the next level.

Not expecting him to do what Kamara did, but interesting combine comparison:

Kamara: 16 bench reps, 4.56 40, 39.5 vertical, 131 broad jump

Hill: 21 bench reps, 4.40 40, 40 vertical, 130

• Like 6

I'm part of the team now, glad to be here. Just dropped Coutee for Justice Hill. Hope you guys are right! :)

• Like 3

With only three rbs left, they pretty much have to use him for 3rd downs unless they are planning to use Ingram in a 3 down role which he has never done in his long career. 

• Like 1

Just dropped Darwin for Hill (was considering Mattison as well). Could end up being wrong but I think Hill has a higher probability of having an impact this season.

1 minute ago, mister_deez said:

Just dropped Darwin for Hill (was considering Mattison as well). Could end up being wrong but I think Hill has a higher probability of having an impact this season.

did the exact same yesterday

I too just dropped Darwin for Hill.  Glad to see others did same.  I have Ingram as well.....so that was part of reason.  But I think Hill ends up with more opportunity.  BALT is gonna run a ton. Good luck!

He really could be something. Surprised there isn’t more hype (yet)

Drafted him for $1 in a long term keeper league. Really surprised no one is hyping this rookie. He deserves it.

Edited by Trifecta

Hill is a stud on tape. He looks like he has that special something and Ingram's presence isn't very concerning considering his age and the fact that AK did just fine his rookie year playing behind him. He's my top prime breakout candidate and can still be had for peanuts. If you're still a doubter, watch the kid play. Strongly encourage anyone who can to acquire him now before his price inevitably rises. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Raven's fan here, I think it's pretty clear that they signed Ingram to be the bell-cow back this season. As much as you want to make Justice Hill a thing, barring an injury I think his touches/usage are going to be too unpredictable this season. Next season will be his time to shine. 

• Like 4

Who’s putting him out there week 1?!?

He’ll get 5-8 touches. Maybe more if he has a hot hand.

5 hours ago, Squats&Milk said:

Who’s putting him out there week 1?!?

He’ll get 5-8 touches. Maybe more if he has a hot hand.

That is bold.  NO shot I put him in the lineup week 1 but best believe I'm watching the Ravens closely this week - own Hill in 7/7.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jmcampbe11 said:

Raven's fan here, I think it's pretty clear that they signed Ingram to be the bell-cow back this season. As much as you want to make Justice Hill a thing, barring an injury I think his touches/usage are going to be too unpredictable this season. Next season will be his time to shine. 

Kamara was a rookie with Ingram in the backfield. Kamara was fantasy gold. 

Im not saying lighting will strike twice, but it wouldn’t surprise me to see Ingram and Hill putting up good numbers in fantasy. Ravens ran the ball somewhere around 550 times last year. I can’t imagine Ingram toting even 250, which leaves 300 carries between Jackson, Hill, and others. On top of receiving work, which I don’t think Ingram will soak up many targets. Jackson wants to prove he’s a passing QB, and preserve his body, so I can’t imagine him running more than 6-8 times a game, unless D’s are gonna give him running lanes all day long. 

That leaves a lot of touches on the table for Hill, if he can be productive with them. 

17 minutes ago, Raynestorm said:

Kamara was a rookie with Ingram in the backfield. Kamara was fantasy gold. 

Im not saying lighting will strike twice, but it wouldn’t surprise me to see Ingram and Hill putting up good numbers in fantasy. Ravens ran the ball somewhere around 550 times last year. I can’t imagine Ingram toting even 250, which leaves 300 carries between Jackson, Hill, and others. On top of receiving work, which I don’t think Ingram will soak up many targets. Jackson wants to prove he’s a passing QB, and preserve his body, so I can’t imagine him running more than 6-8 times a game, unless D’s are gonna give him running lanes all day long. 

That leaves a lot of touches on the table for Hill, if he can be productive with them. 

Hill isn't Kamara. And Jackson will essentially be a second running back. Between the plays they scheme for Jackson and his improvising he most certainly will run more than 6-8 times a game. Completely different from Brees, who never ran at all. 

If they run Jackson over 10 times a game, he won’t make it to the end of the season...  Kamara wasn’t supposed to do much his rookie year, but he exploded. 

Every year, late round players come from nowhere, and take off. We see 1st round picks do nothing and are out of the league in no time. Hill may not reach top 20 this year, or maybe be he does. We won’t know till after the season. I slept on Kamara when he was a rookie, now I look hard at any player that possibly could replicate his first year performance, at late round picks.  Hill is one of those guys for me this year, Sanders, and Thompson are others.  Maybe neither do much for me than rb3 with occasional rb2 weeks, but I would hate that feeling of sleeping on them, and one took off this year on someone else’s team. 

The heaviest running team in the league, could easily support 2 fantasy relevant backs. I stand by my assessment that if Jackson runs over 10 times a game, he won’t make it to the end of the season in one piece. This isn’t college, and the current NFL landscape has switched to faster linebackers than when Vick was running wild. I like Jackson, and don’t want to see him running so much, cuz I know all it takes is one play, and he could be done for the season after getting hit the wrong way. I’ve lost a lot of QB’s in fantasy from getting injured while running. 

Edited by Raynestorm
Added Thompson
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Raynestorm said:

If they run Jackson over 10 times a game, he won’t make it to the end of the season...  Kamara wasn’t supposed to do much his rookie year, but he exploded. 

Every year, late round players come from nowhere, and take off. We see 1st round picks do nothing and are out of the league in no time. Hill may not reach top 20 this year, or maybe be he does. We won’t know till after the season. I slept on Kamara when he was a rookie, now I look hard at any player that possibly could replicate his first year performance, at late round picks.  Hill is one of those guys for me this year, Sanders, and Thompson are others.  Maybe neither do much for me than rb3 with occasional rb2 weeks, but I would hate that feeling of sleeping on them, and one took off this year on someone else’s team. 

The heaviest running team in the league, could easily support 2 fantasy relevant backs. I stand by my assessment that if Jackson runs over 10 times a game, he won’t make it to the end of the season in one piece. This isn’t college, and the current NFL landscape has switched to faster linebackers than when Vick was running wild. I like Jackson, and don’t want to see him running so much, cuz I know all it takes is one play, and he could be done for the season after getting hit the wrong way. I’ve lost a lot of QB’s in fantasy from getting injured while running. 

In your scenario how would it differ from Cam Newton a few years ago with Stewart and Williams at RB? Cam only ran about 8 times a game, and the RB's split carries rendering them both almost fantasy irrelevant. I'm not saying Hill won't be good (eventually) I'm just saying the hype has gotten out of control. He's a late round flyer with A LOT of question marks. Not the sure thing some folks in this thread are making him out to be. I certainly wouldn't be happy if he was  starting flex or RB for me in a shallow league. Anyway, I guess we can revisit this a few games into the season after we see how the workload shakes out. 

1 minute ago, jmcampbe11 said:

In your scenario how would it differ from Cam Newton a few years ago with Stewart and Williams at RB? Cam only ran about 8 times a game, and the RB's split carries rendering them both almost fantasy irrelevant. I'm not saying Hill won't be good (eventually) I'm just saying the hype has gotten out of control. He's a late round flyer with A LOT of question marks. Not the sure thing some folks in this thread are making him out to be. I certainly wouldn't be happy if he was  starting flex or RB for me in a shallow league. Anyway, I guess we can revisit this a few games into the season after we see how the workload shakes out. 

Cam weighs 245 lbs, Lamar weighs 212. That's a huge difference.

25 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

Cam weighs 245 lbs, Lamar weighs 212. That's a huge difference.

I'm not saying he can hold up, but he averaged 17 rushing attempts per games last season, in the games he started. And the Ravens have said or done nothing in the preseason to indicate they plan on limiting his usage this season. If you're banking on him becoming a pocket passer to make Hill relevant then I wouldn't hold my breathe. 

The guy everyone should be hyping up is Jackson. If he stays healthy he'll finish as a top 3 QB. Mark it down. 

Edited by jmcampbe11
  • Haha 1

Ravens have one of the easiest schedules against run D’s Hill could amount to be running back Gold. This is the same back that beat out Carson in college. Hill is the Real Deal I dropped Penny who i drafted for this lottery ticket. All aboard this train it’s about to leave the station!!!

Best case scenario is working into a rotation role late in the season or an injury to Ingram. Ingram is a going to get all the opportunity this year. 

On 9/4/2019 at 9:25 AM, jmcampbe11 said:

Giants fan here.  I think Hill is worth the hype.  With or without Ingram around. 

Edited by poofinger

I grabbed him off waivers...can't hurt to hang onto him until something better pops up. I think he has a chance to make an impact if he gets the opportunity