Sign in to follow this  
ajs723

Rashard Higgins 2019 Outlook

No thread for this guy? He's been playing ahead of Callaway at camp and getting a lot of praise. Tonight, he had 5 catches for 98 yards and a TD (missed a 2nd TD by inches). 

He clearly has a good rapport with Baker and this offense looks like it's going to be good. 

Interesting late round flyer? 

21 minutes ago, smetana34 said:

No Landry or Odell tonight, correct?

Right. 

Callaway apparently getting a 4-game "substance abuse" suspension.  So Higgins running ahead of Callaway in camp is making perfect sense now. 

1 minute ago, smetana34 said:

I don't think it means much then

I don't think Higgins is going to leapfrog Landry, but if he's in for 3-WR sets then it certainly means something, at least to deeper fantasy leagues.  The fact that Mayfield seems to have a good rapport with him is a good sign.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, handyandy86 said:

Callaway apparently getting a 4-game "substance abuse" suspension.  So Higgins running ahead of Callaway in camp is making perfect sense now. 

It might have something to do with one of the two being reliable catching the football and the other one being Callaway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Bronco Billy said:

It might have something to do with one of the two being reliable catching the football and the other one being Callaway.

This.  I streamed him a couple of weeks after his first good game.  Watching him get wide open....seeing the pass coming...thinking what a fantasy genius I was...then watching the ball fall though his hands.  And it wasn't just once. 

9 minutes ago, K197040 said:

This.  I streamed him a couple of weeks after his first good game.  Watching him get wide open....seeing the pass coming...thinking what a fantasy genius I was...then watching the ball fall though his hands.  And it wasn't just once. 

i have no hesitation in placing higgins over callaway: all of the WR3 talk this off-season and the WR2 talk last season has been callaway, but higgins has been more reliable, has shown better chemistry, and all in all plays better football.

i expect higgins will win the WR3 spot in cleveland, even when callaway returns from his suspension.

question is, what is the value of the WR3 on a team with OBJ and landry?

24 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

I can see Mayfield supporting OBJ, Landry, and Higgins, similar to Cooks/Woods/Kupp in LA. Could be a great pickup late in deeper leagues.

note: OBJ does not have an iron constitution, and believe it or not OBJ has played less games than since his 2014 draft than fellow draft-mate sammy watkins. this raises a question for redraft owners: for how many games might higgins play as target #2 for mayfield?

note2: jarvis landry has a potential out in his contract for 2020, and now that the browns have netted OBJ it would't surprise me if this is landry's final year in cleveland, and this raises a better question for dynasty owners: when might higgins become the reliable WR2 in fantasy and for mayfield?

WelllitRespectfulCatfish-max-1mb.gif

20 minutes ago, Sack Exchange said:

i have no hesitation in placing higgins over callaway: all of the WR3 talk this off-season and the WR2 talk last season has been callaway, but higgins has been more reliable, has shown better chemistry, and all in all plays better football.

i expect higgins will win the WR3 spot in cleveland, even when callaway returns from his suspension.

question is, what is the value of the WR3 on a team with OBJ and landry?

This year, I don't think there's much value for the WR3 in Cleveland.  But I think it is important to know who it is in case OBJ misses time.

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 3:55 PM, K197040 said:

This year, I don't think there's much value for the WR3 in Cleveland.  But I think it is important to know who it is in case OBJ misses time.

I don't cuff WR's but with OBJ on one of my teams he's on my watch list

• Like 1

1. Rashard Higgins, Browns – Rostered in 4 percent of Yahoo leagues

Arguably the offseason’s biggest riser, the stars aligned for Higgins once second-year pro Antonio Callaway was slapped with a four-game suspension. Not only will the contract-year wideout start as the Browns’ Z receiver across from Odell Beckham (and possibly ahead of Jarvis Landry), he’s already proven his rapport with Baker Mayfield in vacuuming 33-of-43 targets for 487 yards and four scores in the No. 1 overall pick’s rookie season. Higgins is an immediate FLEX option in what we can confidently project as an explosive offense from the get-go.

Recommendation: Should be rostered in 10-team leagues

W

T

F

8 minutes ago, yanksman said:

W

T

F

It’s not that crazy. He’s going to play and Baker looks for him.

12 minutes ago, Magoo said:

It’s not that crazy. He’s going to play and Baker looks for him.

Is he someone to monitor in a 12 team league? Sure. But to name him the #1 WW add and should be owned in all 10 team leagues and a Flex start with a current 4% owned rate seems crazy to me.

Edited by yanksman

28 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Is he someone to monitor in a 12 team league? Sure. But to name him the #1 WW add and should be owned in all 10 team leagues and a Flex start with a current 4% owned rate seems crazy to me.

There are plenty of stats to back up the fact he should be owned in most PPR leagues.

41 minutes ago, Magoo said:

There are plenty of stats to back up the fact he should be owned in most PPR leagues.

Go on......

8 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

Oof I can't argue with this but I also don't want him on my team at all

You don't? Cleveland is going to throw it and throw it a lot. I'm not starting him right away but he is the direct backup to the most injury prone WR in the NFL on a team that is expected to be extremely pass heavy. As stated previously he has the potential to be a hot week 1 waiver add. When a QB like Baker Mayfield develops good chemistry with a WR it's important to take notice. 

I remember a while ago when Brett Favre started throwing to a guy named Greg Jennings even though he still had Donald driver. Higgins is a sneaky pickup. 

11 minutes ago, TonyRomo said:

Liking him in deep leagues now that Njoku is out

How deep are you talking? Not even Landry is relevant in 12 team leagues the way Baker is throwing and Kitchens is calling plays.