Sign in to follow this  
Trench Mob

Danilo Gallinari 2019-2020 Outlook

gHa3pk1.jpg

It's been alot more downs than ups, but live or die by The Rooster. He should easily put up top 40 numbers with the Thunder. Please don't break.

Already giving a scare 😂

• Like 2

Always rooting for my fellow Italian Gallo but when you pick him you know you're walking on a thin line. If healthy, he's top 40, no question. 

You might wanna consider he's gonna play a pivotal role in the upcoming World Cup for Italy. He's clearly the go-to guy and thats gonna add extra milage to his season.

• Like 1

He's that guy you only take if it seems like a deal. Will likely put up top 30 to 40 value if healthy. I just think out of the likely 12 teams, someone will pick him up in the 3rd or 4th due to last years positive result. They won't get much of a deal even if he stays healthy while you can grab someone more reliable the same time. If he drops to the 7th, I'd probably take a flier on him for the in season value I will get. I see him being shut down late season when he gets a tiny boobo, if he makes it there, with rest, so hes really a risky player that could haunt you come fantasy playoff time. Nothing worse than players dropping like flies right before playoff time.

If you're going to draft one of the most injury prone players in the NBA, do not take him at per game value. Grab him in the 6th or 7th if hes still around, which he likely won't be. Auction value is probably around $27 per game, and someone will likely pay over $20 for him. I'll snag him at $10 to $15 if auction or let him go. Don't see him being on any of my rosters this year, but maybe he'll linger around in drafts and people will consider his history. 

Other teams can have him. 

On 8/9/2019 at 12:51 PM, johnval1362 said:

He's that guy you only take if it seems like a deal.

Rule#1 about the Rooster above. Last year everything broke almost perfect for him, especially his health. I loved him as a 7th rounder in a very tough league. This year he should be on the cusp of 4th/5th in even some standard leagues and I hate him there in deeper leagues. Easier to turn a profit with research to find the next guy who bounces back after a down year last year.

• Like 1

OKC have a pretty good training staff and new facility don't they?  Hoping they can keep him healthy like they did for Westbrook.

13 hours ago, Gorgeous George said:

OKC have a pretty good training staff and new facility don't they?  Hoping they can keep him healthy like they did for Westbrook.

Gallinari has been in the league 11 years and played 549 games (avg 49.9 games per season).

Lillard has been in the league 7 years and played 549 games (avg 78.4 games per season).

Good luck OKC:

Image result for mission impossible gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

hey, because of this man, i went undefeated and won my league last year...took a huge risk at taking him in the late 5th round but my hope is he puts up monster numbers 1st half and gets traded, puts up solid to great numbers.

I managed to snag the Rooster for $13 in auction which would be equivalent to a low 70's pick compared to the other prices in the draft. For a guy who has second round upside, I think it's a steal even if Gallo only plays 50-60 games this season. He's going to be the man in OKC and will eat whenever he's on the court. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Purple Hippo said:

I managed to snag the Rooster for $13 in auction which would be equivalent to a low 70's pick compared to the other prices in the draft. For a guy who has second round upside, I think it's a steal even if Gallo only plays 50-60 games this season. He's going to be the man in OKC and will eat whenever he's on the court. 

Yea I got him for 15.  Lauri went for the same price which was kinda a bummer but Gallo was a target of mine and I think he's primed for a big year like his other owners in this thread.  Preseason he looked healthy, which is the most important thing with him imo.

On 10/13/2019 at 12:16 AM, apatas said:

I think he can be my 5th round (58th pick) target.

4 hours ago, Purple Hippo said:

3 hours ago, josheggers said:

Fell to round 7 for me at pick 75. Love that value if he can stay healthy

Yup I got him in the 7th round around pick 79.  9 cat roto re-draft.  Sealed FT's for me.  

• Like 1

I got him in the 70s in a couple places.  But that’s not what’s interesting.  I got him for $20 in a 9 cat roto league, the sort of league where it’s just not as much risk if he gets injured, and people were laughing at how I must be a big fan?  Top 30 player for $20...so what if he misses 30 games?  50 games of a top 30 player should still be 30ish.

• Like 1

Looks like he has the green light to go off this year with a mid-high 20s usage rate. Also a contract year for him so I'm sure he'd love to ball out.

• Like 1

Just now, lvlelvlo said:

Looks like he has the green light to go off this year with a mid-high 20s usage rate. Also a contract year for him so I'm sure he'd love to ball out.

That's what I was thinking.  Shots are going to be there.  Contract year.  Question is health as usual with him but relative to investment if he misses 20 games it's not the end of the world.

Typical Gallo line today. But why only 28 mins while he was +7 on +/-?