wendellrott

Darwin Thompson 2019 Outlook

17 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Why is this guy enticing if Damien JAG and McCoy are ahead of him? Why can't he beat them out without an injury? 

you forgot to mention darrel williams 

darrel williams, people! he's gotta beat out darrel williams!

25 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Why is this guy enticing if Damien JAG and McCoy are ahead of him? Why can't he beat them out without an injury? 

He’s really small, not that fast and I don’t think he’s a pass catcher.

He is sort of like Chis Carson in that he had an incredible work ethic and his over-achieving ways have paid off for him. 

Definitely rooting for this kid.    As long as Shady wins my a championship in the process 😀

22 minutes ago, Cotton Jones said:

you forgot to mention darrel williams 

darrel williams, people! he's gotta beat out darrel williams!

"hi, my name is Darwin - this is my brother Darrel and this is my other brother Daryl"

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

"His price is only going to get higher"

Yeah because he's a backup to a backup, this was different before it looked like both Williams and Shady would duck significant injuries

People really don't understand football sometimes... asking why he hasn't "beat" out williams or mccoy.  Its not that the kid isn't talented. he just has veterans with way more experience in front of him. Coaches prefer guys who have game experience in the NFL.. especially in a system like KCs. 

Yeah, I'm not really sure what to do with this guy.  Waivers lock in 2 hours.  I feel like he belongs on my bench.  I know if I bid high on him, I'll feel like I overspent.  But if I put in a nominal $2 bid, I'm going to see him go for a ton and I'll feel stupid.

11 minutes ago, CooL said:

Yeah, I'm not really sure what to do with this guy.  Waivers lock in 2 hours.  I feel like he belongs on my bench.  I know if I bid high on him, I'll feel like I overspent.  But if I put in a nominal $2 bid, I'm going to see him go for a ton and I'll feel stupid.

Curious what people are dropping for him. I’m interested but only have 1 available player to drop and it’s probably a bad idea. 

1 hour ago, phisouza33 said:

Curious what people are dropping for him. I’m interested but only have 1 available player to drop and it’s probably a bad idea. 

i'll let you know in a couple hours but i am guessing around 15, hell maybe in the 20s because that chiefs hype is real, even though he is speculative as hell at this point

13 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Image result for idling train gif

Just need a couple of DNPs and the train would leave chuggin

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Szer0 said:

Just need a couple of DNPs and the train would leave chuggin

damn straight 👍

we idling now, baby ... barely into week 3 and we got boo-boos on the two vets ... not a question of "IF?", but, rather, "WHEN?" 

13 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

damn straight 👍

we idling now, baby ... barely into week 3 and we got boo-boos on the two vets ... not a question of "IF?", but, rather, "WHEN?" 

Let em chase the flavor of the week. This cat is almost free 😁😁

• Thanks 1

So this cat is only worth holding onto if BOTH DW and Shady aren't practicing? I've made so many moves this morning my leaguemates must think I'm bipolar.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CooL said:

Ty only gets play if Bell goes down.  Bell didn't seem to come out any worse for wear from Monday night.  

The two guys in front of Darwin already are dinged up.  Let's get this train chugging!

🤔

👋

👇

I don’t think Williams and/or McCoy will hold up all season. This guy needs to be rostered. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure I'm seeing the hype for Darwin.

Sounds to me that McCoy's MRI is clean and Williams just had a knee contusion.  I'm thinking both guys plays this week and Darwin is right back to where he's been the past 2 weeks....On the bench.

Heck, even if one of those guys are out, he'd still need to contend with his brother Darryl.

I do think Darwin is talented and looked good in preseason.  But not sure I'm seeing it happen unless McCoy or Damien are out for sure.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Sounds to me that McCoy's MRI is clean and Williams just had a knee contusion.  I'm thinking both guys plays this week and Darwin is right back to where he's been the past 2 weeks....On the bench.

Heck, even if one of those guys are out, he'd still need to contend with his brother Darryl.

I do think Darwin is talented and looked good in preseason.  But not sure I'm seeing it happen unless McCoy or Damien are out for sure.

For me, he’s still a long term lottery ticket on a high octane offense. He’s the type of player you want on your bench in case Williams or McCoy get a serious injury on a Sunday. He’s on your team and you won’t lose him to a waiver claim or high FAAB if one of those two go down. McCoy is older and Williams has a tendency to get dinged so the opportunity is there.

Edited by ponchsox

Last year all it took was a sore Ware hammy for Damien to be thrust into the starting spotlight. In the worst case, Darwin could be the 2nd man in RBBC for a few games and make his mark. He is explosive, hard worker, and hungry. If he gets in there, he will not fail.

3 minutes ago, austin316 said:

Last year all it took was a sore Ware hammy for Damien to be thrust into the starting spotlight. In the worst case, Darwin could be the 2nd man in RBBC for a few games and make his mark. He is explosive, hard worker, and hungry. If he gets in there, he will not fail.

Just to be factually correct... a Sore ware hammy AND the starter being kicked off of the team for assault on his gf.  Also Darwin has been getting in albeit in limited fashion but hasn't done anything.  

Edited by Mathew Berry

5 minutes ago, Mathew Berry said:

Just to be factually correct... a Sore ware hammy AND the starter being kicked off of the team for assault on his gf.  Also Darwin has been getting in albeit in limited fashion but hasn't done anything.  

All I'm stating is reasons to keep him on your roster and not let the sharks have access to him on the waiver wire. Anything can happen. I just picked back up in 80% of my leagues.

Kareem Hunt was the bellcow, so Damien was irrelevant last year until he was gone.

Neither Damien nor McCoy 2019 are bellcows and already banged up. Stop being disagreeable and have an open mind if you want to be the champ.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mathew Berry said:

Just to be factually correct... a Sore ware hammy AND the starter being kicked off of the team for assault on his gf.  

coolio.

1)Williams already with an "ouchie!" knee

2) Shady hasn't had much luck wif the ladies, either ... knowhutimsayin'?

it could be deja vu all over again 🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

[Posts removed.  "Should I drop Player X for Thompson" is an AC question.  "Got Thompson for $x last night" is a Cool Story that needs to go in the CSB thread.  If you're responding to these AC/CSB posts, your response is getting deleted as well, so perhaps consider whether this is the best use of your time today.]

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, tts42572 said:

☝️☝️☝️

• Like 1

I'm off this train. Way too overhyped and Reid won't turn to this guy unless absolutely forced to. He'd rather run Damian and mccoy into the ground first

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1