wendellrott

Darwin Thompson 2019 Outlook

On 8/14/2019 at 12:02 AM, elroypedro said:

😬

Andy Reid is definitely not letting him get anywhere near Mahomes if his pass pro is like that. Geez lol.

On 8/13/2019 at 9:02 PM, elroypedro said:

😬

Maybe they shouldn't play him at center or am I seeing this wrong.

• Haha 1

His ADP is already climbing, up to 12.1 in half PPR on FFC. More reports of 1st team reps in practice and another nice showing in 3rd preseason game might have this guy in the 9-10th round range come draft time end of August. 

18 minutes ago, Bronco Billy said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/pgsween/status/1161431696383913985

Is that a little better?  That’s an actual game instead of his just standing unmoving in practice while a LB gets a running shot on him.

I mean it is a little better but the practice drill is to simulate a inside gap blitzing linebacker which I don't think a cut block is suitable for. 

If you aren’t a believer in Damien Williams, this guy is maybe the best late round target, is he not?

I like Darwin. Reminds me of Darren Sproles .. Sproles always had sneaky value in fantasy and occasionally would win you your week. I see the same with DT

6 hours ago, dfstout said:

This kid has the juice to be a league winner out of the last rd of your draft...

He's definitely not going that late any more. He's going in the 10th round now. 

Reid's latest sleeper blurb didn't help. 

• Thanks 1

I’m drafting him everywhere. His usage in preseason is that of an every down back and he has looked great. It’s not like he is small like a Cohen. He is much closer in size to Ray Rice (though not quite as lower-body heavy). People discounting him due to his size are making a mistake.

i like Damien Williams too, but Williams truthers seem to be putting their heads in the sand. There is a realistic chance that Thompson works his way into a committee at some point with the possibility of doing even more.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WEIL3R said:

I’m drafting him everywhere. His usage in preseason is that of an every down back and he has looked great. It’s not like he is small like a Cohen. He is much closer in size to Ray Rice (though not quite as lower-body heavy). People discounting him due to his size are making a mistake.

i like Damien Williams too, but Williams truthers seem to be putting their heads in the sand. There is a realistic chance that Thompson works his way into a committee at some point with the possibility of doing even more.

Dude is thick.  Between Thompson and Hyde...perhaps this is why the Chiefs were not really too stressed at looking for a RB.

Reached to make sure I got this kid. Can't see any way he doesn't jump to #1 if Williams struggles.

All the scouting reports I have read say the same thing: he is very strong for his size and a very hard runner but scouts have said their biggest concern is that he is too slow to make an impact on the NFL level. 

This not only concerns me a bit for Darwin but also for Hyde as I’ve heard he looks faster than Hyde. Could be good news for Damien Williams? Or maybe a nasty RBBC?

Snagged him with my last pick, I was feeling bad I missed out on miles, Justin Jackson, and Tony Pollard for immediate impact, but this guy may be the league winner down the stretch

15 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

All the scouting reports I have read say the same thing: he is very strong for his size and a very hard runner but scouts have said their biggest concern is that he is too slow to make an impact on the NFL level. 

This not only concerns me a bit for Darwin but also for Hyde as I’ve heard he looks faster than Hyde. Could be good news for Damien Williams? Or maybe a nasty RBBC?

He timed faster than Hunt. The problem is he ran slower than expected for a guy his size (high 4.5s). But when you factor in his explosion, change of direction and crazy contact balance it more than makes up for slightly pedestrian long speed.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Fierylady said:

He timed faster than Hunt. The problem is he ran slower than expected for a guy his size (high 4.5s). But when you factor in his explosion, change of direction and crazy contact balance it more than makes up for slightly pedestrian long speed.

Look like he has very good balance. You can see when he breaks some of those tackles and he stays on his feet. Kareem Hunt was amazing at that.

Hunt was better coming out of Toledo and was bigger, but if this guy can be 80% of Hunt that would be amazing.

Edited by jsch08

1 hour ago, Fierylady said:

4.5s is fast enough for a productive running back. Let's try and not fall victim to the 40 yard dash 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Paid $5 for this kid to beat out the Williams owner who wanted to cuff him.  I believe it's worth it and holding to see how the season goes. 

Edited by RUGOO

Items that play in Darwin's favor:

1. Andy Reid doesn't give a rat's butt about anything but performing on the field and performing well.

2. Look at this kid's body!  He is stout af!  Last player I have seen come out of the draft that is this stout was Kamara (Kamara is a legit monster of a man sooo the comparison has to be taken in context).

3. He uses that body well.  Blocks, throws shoulders while running....grinds through runs.  This kid is a headache for opposing defenses

4. This might be the most important item of all - he seems like a really top notch type of guy.  Listen to his interview.  Guy is laser focused, hungry, and well-spoken.  All signs that this kid probably is pretty damn intelligent and it is showing in his blocking.  

Loving this kid.  Shhhh....don't tell your boys..there are still a bunch of drafts to go...take your double Ds at the end of your draft Darnold and Darwin and smile all year long. 

• Like 3

Everyone laughed at me when I took him in the second round of our rookie draft last month. Carlos Hyde is just another guy and Damien Williams can't stay healthy. Darwin looks like the future. I'm picking him up EVERYWHERE (as well as any piece of this offense I can get)

Hype train about to explode. Draft right now if you want him in the 120-140s.