wendellrott

Darwin Thompson 2019 Outlook

26 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Let me just outline this because it seems that people don't really understand how practice time relates to playing on Sunday. W, Th, F are practice days. Y/N is whether or not they practiced.

W: Y, Th: Y, F: Y = Playing

W: Y, Th: N, = Not Playing

W: Y, Th: Y, F: N = Not Playing

W: N, Th: Y, F: Y = Playing

W: N, Th: N, F: Y = Playing

W: N, Th: N, F: N = Not Playing, unless it's one of the many veterans that doesn't practice for maintenance purposes

Does that make sense? If you don't practice until Friday, you were probably getting rested or the team was playing it safe, and if you practice early in the week and suddenly can't, you probably had an injury/setback and won't play. You're just sweating over nothing because you're unable to draw any conclusions until a player's status actually changes. Wait until Friday.

Sure...but we're 2/3 of the way.   It's certainly more positive for Thompson than if Williams had practiced either Wed or today.

Save this wet blanket for a burning puppy.

• Haha 2

I have a feeling that Thompson is Damien backup while Darrel is McCoy backup. Much like NE with Burkhead as White backup and Harris as Michel backup. They play completely different roles.

So who is going to score the touchdowns?

2 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

So who is going to score the touchdowns?

you mean rushing TDs on Sunday, right? ok, then ...

INGRAM - F.T.W.

💥

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

The hype train for Darwin is getting a little crazy IMHO.  Even under the best-case scenario where both Damien and Shady are out this week, it will probably be around a 50/50 split between Thompson and Darrel Williams.  The Chiefs really like Darrel too, so don't forget about him.  That would probably make him flexable for Week 3, but not much more.  Then what happens when Shady and Damien come back, likely in Week 4?  I can't see Thompson running away with the job - Reid will likely just go back to the Damien/McCoy split. 

So while he may be a good play for Week 3 if Shady and Damien both sit out, I don't see too much long-term value here unless there are a bunch of injuries ahead of him.  This backfield is looking like a mess, and Thompson is currently 3rd on the depth chart.  So unless you're in a super deep league and have lots of bench spots to stash guys in case of injuries ahead of them, I'd probably leave him on the wire for now.

If this were any other team, I'd do just that. But this is KC. If there's even a remote possibility of acquiring a potential starter on THIS offense, I'm taking a shot.

40 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

The hype train for Darwin is getting a little crazy IMHO.  Even under the best-case scenario where both Damien and Shady are out this week, it will probably be around a 50/50 split between Thompson and Darrel Williams.  The Chiefs really like Darrel too, so don't forget about him.  That would probably make him flexable for Week 3, but not much more.  Then what happens when Shady and Damien come back, likely in Week 4?  I can't see Thompson running away with the job - Reid will likely just go back to the Damien/McCoy split. 

So while he may be a good play for Week 3 if Shady and Damien both sit out, I don't see too much long-term value here unless there are a bunch of injuries ahead of him.  This backfield is looking like a mess, and Thompson is currently 3rd on the depth chart.  So unless you're in a super deep league and have lots of bench spots to stash guys in case of injuries ahead of them, I'd probably leave him on the wire for now.

you probably don't remember how Kareem Hunt took the job from Spencer Ware a few years back.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TonyVH said:

you probably don't remember how Kareem Hunt took the job from Spencer Ware a few years back.

Do you think Darwin Thompson is as good as LeSean McCoy or Damien Williams?  Or Kareem Hunt?  If so, then by all means, CHOO CHOO!!!!  Don't let me stop you.  😆

9 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

Do you think Darwin Thompson is as good as LeSean McCoy or Damien Williams?  Or Kareem Hunt?  If so, then by all means, CHOO CHOO!!!!  Don't let me stop you.  😆

One of these names, does not belong.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

If you own Darwin, all you can ask for is opportunity.  Right now it's looking like he might be getting his shot, let's see what he can do with it.  All i know is I'd rather have a piece of this offense than not.  

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, TonyVH said:

Ware was out the entire year.  Not the same thing

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:

I want to get excited since I have him too but are we all setting ourselves up for a major letdown here?

Depends on what your expecting. 

How do we just assume Darwin is the guy over Darell Williams? Based on coach's comments, he doesn't yet trust Darwin to fully to know his blocking assignments. This hype is overkill. I think Darell is just a good a speculative  pickup as Darwin here....

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, JoesPros said:

How do we just assume Darwin is the guy over Darell Williams? Based on coach's comments, he doesn't yet trust Darwin to fully to know his blocking assignments. This hype is overkill. I think Darell is just a good a speculative  pickup as Darwin here....

I think Darwin got the call last week when both Damien and McCoy was injured toward the end... yea so

1 att 1 yard vs 0 att 0 yard :)

9 minutes ago, TonyVH said:

I think Darwin got the call last week when both Damien and McCoy was injured toward the end... yea so

1 att 1 yard vs 0 att 0 yard :)

1 attempt vs 0? Is that the sample you are using to justify all of this hype?  How about this, when Shady and Damien left the game, Darrel 5 snaps to Thompson's 4. We also have evidence of coach basically saying Darwin needs to learn his assignments better. Furthermore, Darrel has experience and scored his first TD last year. He's more of a bruiser back than Darwin is which might give him the TD edge as well.

Darrel Williams 5 (7%)
Darwin Thompson 4 (5%)
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, JoesPros said:

1 attempt vs 0? Is that the sample you are using to justify all of this hype?  How about this, when Shady and Damien left the game, Darrel 5 snaps to Thompson's 4. We also have evidence of coach basically saying Darwin needs to learn his assignments better. Furthermore, Darrel has experience and scored his first TD last year. He's more of a bruiser back than Darwin is which might give him the TD edge as well.

Darrel Williams 5 (7%)
Darwin Thompson 4 (5%)

I'd rather have the quick back versus the bruiser back in this system. But if what Andy said is holding true about needing to learn his assignments better he has work to do. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dlionsfan901 said:

I want to get excited since I have him too but are we all setting ourselves up for a major letdown here?

Yes, Yes you are.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JoesPros said:

Darrel Williams 5 (7%)
Darwin Thompson 4 (5%)

Dar-WIN or Dar-REL? I think we all know who is going to WIN this job.

1 hour ago, dlionsfan901 said:

This is obviously your first time boarding a RW hype train isn’t it? You will soon hear the screams of “save the women and children” while viewing carnage and billowy smoke everywhere once this thing falls off the rails. 

• Like 1

I joined the DW train this week but if people are waiting for some major breakout this weekend...especially against the Ravens...that's ultimately not the right point/attitude IMO. I'm guessing Shady will play and take a majority of the work for one thing. The hope here is you have a hold that flashes as soon as this weekend and gradually takes on the role after they realize 1) Damien is a stiff and 2) Shady called and he wants his 2016 form back. 

Hold but don't start for now (unless by some surprise Shady is out and you are in need of a risky flex) 

30 minutes ago, beerfish said:

Dar-WIN or Dar-REL? I think we all know who is going to WIN this job.

that's awful...just awful

3 minutes ago, timbrah_ho said:

I joined the DW train this week but if people are waiting for some major breakout this weekend...especially against the Ravens...that's ultimately not the right point/attitude IMO. I'm guessing Shady will play and take a majority of the work for one thing. The hope here is you have a hold that flashes as soon as this weekend and gradually takes on the role after they realize 1) Damien is a stiff and 2) Shady called and he wants his 2016 form back. 

Hold but don't start for now (unless by some surprise Shady is out and you are in need of a risky flex) 

I'm going to politely ask you to de-board this train sir.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I'm going to politely ask you to de-board this train sir.

I'm just train jumping for now. Waiting for the conductor to find my hiding place and shoo me away

• Haha 1

Just now, timbrah_ho said:

I'm just train jumping for now. Waiting for the conductor to find my hiding place and shoo me away

Ok...but I think I just did that like two posts ago.