wendellrott

Darwin Thompson 2019 Outlook

2 hours ago, dashoe said:

Why Darwin Thompson was never going to be a thing

by Sean McClure, September 4, 2019

https://www.playerprofiler.com/article/darwin-thompson-fantasy-football-advanced-stats-metrics-analytics-profile/

Pretty sure Playerprofiler metrics are off on Darwin. He didnt participate in the NFL Combine, but he ran a 4.5 at his pro day. Playerprofiler has his 40 time at 4.6.

Here are some other metrics:

Pro Day Results
40-yard dash
: 4.50 seconds
Bench press: 28 reps (would’ve been second-best among running backs at 2019 Combine)
Vertical jump: 39 inches (would’ve been third-best among running backs at 2019 Combine)
Broad jump: 10 feet, 6 inches (would’ve been tied for fifth-best among running backs at 2019 Combine)

https://lastwordonprofootball.com/2019/04/03/darwin-thompson-2019-nfl-draft-profile/

You can choose to believe which metrics you want, but Darwin definitely passes the eye test to me in the few snaps we got to see from him. Time will tell. 

22 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:

When it’s clear he’ll get more than 4 touches?

Well then I couldn't claim to be the smartest degenerate in the room...

All I ask is for is 5 touches.  That should net at least 2 TDs no?

Edited by Magoo
  • Haha 1

It's not something I would bank on, but if he shows well or blows up, the job may be his. Possible top 5 rb ros if the chips fall right.  

Edited by mikeflavaz

Forget all these inconsequential factoids.  Yahoo just upped his projection to over 9.  Multiply by 3 and you have an accurate projection.

• Haha 1

Funny how this thread and Mccoy thread each crown their players as "league winners" and "RB1 ROS".  Just gives you a perspective into these threads 🙂

• Like 1

Just now, Magoo said:

Forget all these inconsequential factoids.  Yahoo just upped his projection to over 9.  Multiply by 3 and you have an accurate projection.

Espn at 1.5 so it’s a no from me

2 minutes ago, Magoo said:

1 minute ago, Dr. Whom said:

Espn at 1.5 so it’s a no from me

CBS CLOCKING IN WIF A ROBUST 6.8

💣💣💣💣💣💣💣💣💣💣💣

Thompson is only 200 pounds but said he could handle the physical part of pass blocking. “It’s a pride thing,’’ he said. “You don’t want to let another grown man knock you out . . . You’ve got to want to do it. It’s going to keep you on the field or keep you off the field. You choose.’’

D22nUU6U4AAZ51j.jpg:large

Edited by bigbluecrew56
  • Thanks 1

Just now, bigbluecrew56 said:

Thompson is only 200 pounds but said he could handle the physical part of pass blocking. “It’s a pride thing,’’ he said. “You don’t want to let another grown man knock you out . . . You’ve got to want to do it. It’s going to keep you on the field or keep you off the field. You choose.’’

FEISTY!!!1!

if 90% of this gig is half mental, then the other 10% is 99% 'tude .... WE GOTS A SCRAPPER, FELLAS! 

🥊🥊🥊

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dashoe said:

Q: Are you comfortable with where Darrel Williams is in the pass protection aspect of the RB responsibility?

REID: “He’s sharp. He is a very intelligent kid. We’re not worried about him. I look at him like he’s a starter. Played last year for us. If he has to get in and play, that’s not a problem at all.”

Q: Does your level of comfort change if Darwin Thompson is the RB that has to go in and fill a role on offense?

REID: “Not really. As long as I feel like he knows what he’s doing, I’m good with it.”

Q: Is there a challenge that Thompson faces size-wise? Does he have to maybe be more technically sound?

REID: “I was around Brian Westbrook for a number of years and they’re the same size. Brian would come up and fill in as well as anybody. This kid is wired like that. He’ll stick it up in there and hit you. It’s just a matter of seeing it. He’s young, so he hasn’t seen everything that there is to see. But he’s getting there. I feel comfortable with him in there.”

Chiefs talk injuries, Ravens, and backups during presser

https://salinapost.com/2019/09/19/chiefs-talk-injuries-ravens-and-backups-during-presser/

Wow, reading between the lines, definitely seems like he's more comfortable with Darrel Williams then Thompson.  Wouldn't surprise me at all to see everyone dropping Thompson for Darrel Williams as their bench stash following Week 3.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Sounds like a martial art.   I'm a black belt in Chop Choo.

All this talk about Chop Choo is making me hungry. Gonna call and order dumplings, wonton soup, and some Chop Choo with rice.  

2 minutes ago, mikeflavaz said:

All this talk about Chop Choo is making me hungry. Gonna call and order dumplings, wonton soup, and some Chop Choo with rice.  

I hope you do.  I'd be curious to know if they even ask you about it.  They'll just throw something with noodles and sauce and meat in there and call it done.

And that'd be "Chop Chuey", not Chop Choo.

Edited by K197040

Could you imagine if this guy broke out for 17 rushes, 132 yards and two TDs.  We know from history Andy Reid would continue to run him if that happened just like he did with Kareem Hunt during his rookie season.  One can dream right?

• Like 1

ESPN projections up to 8.2...yet this thread is on the second page?