wendellrott

Darwin Thompson 2019 Outlook

As much as I have historically been frustrated with Reid (eagles fan), the man strikes gold with drafting RBs. 

Im cautious, but Thompson really has a chance to win this backfield. 

Im in coach, but I'm on the train.

29 minutes ago, GoddardsTools said:

This backfield reminds of the Charzard West number 1 waiver pickup days

Definitely. I genuinely think darwin’s Tape has looked better than charknado and I loved having chark for those handful of games he was relevant 

It seems like this happens every year with the Chiefs - there's a changing of the guard at RB that massively shifts the fantasy landscape.

Thompson has a legitimate shot at running away with the #1 job, you'd have to think, with Williams on the shelf and McCoy playing on a bum ankle, being as talented as he is.

Chiefs fans on the various message boards seem to be talking about him more than Shady, which while not the end all be all is interesting to me.

I think if he's available and you've got a roster spot to burn you have to put your chips down on his number to see if it happens.

Edited by JE7HorseGod
  • Like 1

Must own. Definitely still a long shot tho in terms of significant fantasy impact. He’s on my roster but I don’t expect anything out of him in the short term. [...] 😏

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

Rain is in the forecast for tomorrow’s contest... anybody ballsy enough to fire up Darwin? Both teams may have to lean on the run game due to weather and wet ball.

1 hour ago, joebaker23 said:

Rain is in the forecast for tomorrow’s contest... anybody ballsy enough to fire up Darwin? Both teams may have to lean on the run game due to weather and wet ball.

no and im probably going on way lighter in dfs on bal/kc non-rb's

if mccoy's touches are limited it could be the darrel williams game

BAL @ KCC - 

The best chance we have of seeing a downpour. Will be soaked before the game, with rain continuing in to it. Flash flood watch has been issued.

4 hours ago, Cotton Jones said:

no and im probably going on way lighter in dfs on bal/kc non-rb's

if mccoy's touches are limited it could be the darrel williams game

BAL @ KCC - 

The best chance we have of seeing a downpour. Will be soaked before the game, with rain continuing in to it. Flash flood watch has been issued.

And if it floods, Darwin will be the first to drown. Because he's short. Short guys drown first.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

35 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

And if it floods, Darwin will be the first to drown. Because he's short. Short guys drown first.

Blasphemy!

Pocket Hercules would merely smash his hand into the water and make it part like the Red Sea. Then run (or walk depending on his mood, and game situation) like the stallion he is. 

Rain? Meh.

• Haha 3

I cant wait to see what happens when this kid gets a chance.  He's going to be dynamite!

Unfortunately this thread is also reminding me a bit of Christine Michaels ... 

However the way the Chiefs backfield has been for the past 8 years or so, whoever has stepped in for the injured starter has always produced .. From Jamaal Charles to West to Ware to Hunt to Damien Williams to McCoy.. tbh i am going to be really surprised if given the opportunity he doesnt produce... the only thing going against production tomorrow is that the Ravens are really hard to run against, otherwise this would be surefire bet.

Edited by screaming_vultures
  • Thanks 1

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 1:15 PM, ponchsox said:

Damien Williams ruled out Sunday.

9 hours ago, joebaker23 said:

30 minutes ago, dashoe said:

KC Chiefs: Expect breakout game for Darwin Thompson vs Ravens

by Shade Piper  👈🤨

spacer.png

Edited by Jordan23
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, joebaker23 said:

A little rain isnt slowing down Mahomes lol.  I have Damien, McCoy and Darwin and I’m not playing any of them. Ravens have the best rush defense in the league and Darwin hasn’t seen any real action. Hard pass for me. 

6 minutes ago, Peyton's Daddy said:

I'm planning on seeing what Shady's game time status is before I swoop.

Schefter and Rapport usually start dropping information around 12am ET. Time to move is after that and not in the morning once your league mates are up to speed.

Edited by ColoWrex

6 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

Schefter and Rapport usually start dropping information around 12am ET. Time to move is after that and not in the morning once your league mates are up to speed.

Confused by the last sentence.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, OmegaRed88 said:

Confused by the last sentence.  

Time to swoop is tonight after the Schefty/Rapport news drops at midnight and not in the morning after it's all over when your league mates are up.

1 minute ago, ColoWrex said:

Time to swoop is tonight after the Schefty/Rapport news drops at midnight and not in the morning after it's all over when your league mates are up.

Gotcha. I misread as 12 pm ET tomorrow.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OmegaRed88 said:

Gotcha. I misread as 12 pm ET tomorrow.

🤣I've been drinking and oops on that.  Ninja edited so you didn't misread at first lol

• Thanks 1

Call me pessimistic but I don't think there's going to be a truly reliable RB in KC this season. Reid can absolutely get away with a committee because of just how damn good the passing attack is.