wendellrott

Darwin Thompson 2019 Outlook

3 minutes ago, Magoo said:

Hype train about to explode. Draft right now if you want him in the 120-140s.

By this Sunday I think im going to have to reach for him lol

Holy hype train- I just got this guy and honestly he was just a guy that looked good to nominate for a buck.    Gonna have to see what the Damien owner has that i crave. 

Wow i picked him with the 181st pick in my draft yesterday. Everybody was sleeping at him but I’m really hyped that i got him at the end of my bench!

9 minutes ago, KB24MVP said:

Wow i picked him with the 181st pick in my draft yesterday. Everybody was sleeping at him but I’m really hyped that i got him at the end of my bench!

Super cool vignette 

I drafted both Damien and Darwin. I took Darwin in the 11th I believe. I feel like you have to take him if you take Damien. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, scheibler said:

I drafted both Damien and Darwin. I took Darwin in the 11th I believe. I feel like you have to take him if you take Damien. 

Unfortunately, this is the hedge that you didn't want to have to do as a Damien drafter.  It's better than handcuffing Hyde though.  Darwin is going to end up being drafted in most leagues just because of all the hype....there is definitely a ton of smoke and I am starting to feel a bit of a fire (in my loins). 

1 hour ago, dudewithabadcat said:

....there is definitely a ton of smoke and I am starting to feel a bit of a fire (in my loins). 

careful...

VdlyF8j.gif?noredirect

• Haha 4

Is this guy going to just go Kareem hunt on us all and take over the lead job? I think it’s a two horse race between d will and dtom, difference being one of them was actually drafted by Andy Reid.. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Is this guy going to just go Kareem hunt on us all and take over the lead job? I think it’s a two horse race between d will and dtom, difference being one of them was actually drafted by Andy Reid.. 

And the other was signed by Reid? I'm confused at the 2nd point you are trying to make.

6 minutes ago, devaster said:

And the other was signed by Reid? I'm confused at the 2nd point you are trying to make.

Usually when a coach hand selects a draft pick they want them to show out. Not always of course.

18 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Usually when a coach hand selects a draft pick they want them to show out. Not always of course.

Is it any different with a player the coach hand selects to sign/re-sign?

Posted (edited)

When Matthew berry says to not count Damien Williams out, and has him ranked 12th overall among rbs, I think it's time to invest heavily into Mr. Thompson ......I always do the opposite of what berry says and it works out for me,  he's usually late to the party

Edited by CABLE87
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Also I don't wish any harm on anyone, but Damien wiiams is not going to last 16 games .. 

Carlos Hyde will fumble his way out of KC

7 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

Also I don't wish any harm on anyone, but Damien wiiams is not going to last 16 games .. 

I got Thompson late and I actually do hope Williams gets hurt.   Not dieded or anything.  Just a season ender in Game 1.

• Haha 1

Just now, K197040 said:

I got Thompson late and I actually do hope Williams gets hurt.   Not dieded or anything.  Just a season ender in Game 1.

That’s just wrong.  Serious bad juju there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

Damien is 5’11” and 225 lbs, that’s prototypical bell cow back size. Darwin is 5’8” and 198 lbs. I like the guy quite a bit and he looks electric, but let’s pump the brakes a little. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Damien is 5’11” and 225 lbs, that’s prototypical bell cow back size. Darwin is 5’8” and 198 lbs. I like the guy quite a bit and he looks electric, but let’s pump the brakes a little. 

Damien couldn't handle a full workload with Gase, and got hurt. His size means nothing to me

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Fair I guess but you don't need bell cow volume to succeed with Andy Reid or if you are a PPR guy or HR hitter.  Kind of like the former 25 on the Chiefs ;) 

6 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Are we starting with the size thing yet again? Does this require yet another listing of prolific NFL RBs who were considered undersized?  Including some of the best rushers in NFL history and some FF uberstuds?

31 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

When Matthew berry says to not count Damien Williams out, and has him ranked 12th overall among rbs, I think it's time to invest heavily into Mr. Thompson ......I always do the opposite of what berry says and it works out for me,  he's usually late to the party

I began doing this 2 years ago myself. In his weekly love/hate and pray he hates my guys. 2 years ago he loved Big Ben vs the Jags when they had their breakout d season he goes on to throw 5 ints, fast forward to I believe 1st round of the fantasy playoffs he hates Ben vs the Ravens but between saying screw Berry and not having much for options I start Ben (iirc Jimmy Smith was out too). Ben proceeds to go for 500+ and 2 scores, I also had AB and I laughed on to the next round and eventual championship.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

Damien couldn't handle a full workload with Gase, and got hurt. His size means nothing to me

When did Damien get a full workload opportunity in Miami?

6 minutes ago, turner46 said:

I began doing this 2 years ago myself. In his weekly love/hate and pray he hates my guys. 2 years ago he loved Big Ben vs the Jags when they had their breakout d season he goes on to throw 5 ints, fast forward to I believe 1st round of the fantasy playoffs he hates Ben vs the Ravens but between saying screw Berry and not having much for options I start Ben (iirc Jimmy Smith was out too). Ben proceeds to go for 500+ and 2 scores, I also had AB and I laughed on to the next round and eventual championship.

Cool story bro.

But I definitely agree about Berry.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, devaster said:

When did Damien get a full workload opportunity in Miami?

After the Ajayi trade, well a 67% or so workload and everyone was begging for Drake, Damien thankfully removed himself from the equation and Drake went on to perform like a stud during the fantasy playoffs.