wendellrott

Darwin Thompson 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, sSektor said:

Pack it up boys. Unless you feel like waiting for 2 RB injuries.

Pretty sure Mecole Hardman got a carry before Darwin even got a snap. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, shakestreet said:

The bet 

Darrel has a better day then Darwin 

1/2 ppr

Darrel 13.4 pts

Darwin 0.8 pts 

Reid looks fully committed to a committee as he talked about in August. At least Darwin is closer to PT than Damien Williams. 

Just now, Dexter75 said:

Reid looks fully committed to a committee as he talked about in August. At least Darwin is closer to PT than Damien Williams. 

I disagree . if McCoy is healthy he is the lead back. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

I disagree . if McCoy is healthy he is the lead back. 

As a McCoy owner, I would hope so but Darrell Williams saw more touches than McCoy. Who really knows if that were injury related or intentional for them to split the workload. I own Darrell Williams too, so Im good either way for now. 

Edited by Dexter75

This dude is an instant drop

9 yards on 5 carries this year.

how can anyone justify rostering him?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

As a McCoy owner, I would hope so but Darrell Williams saw more touches than McCoy. Who really knows if that were injury related or intentional for them to split the workload. I own Darrell Williams too, so Im good either way for now. 

Back on the McCoy bandwagon? He out touched McCoy because garbage time/clock/ and McCoy came up gimpy. 

Next week for sure

• Haha 1

Yeah I’m looking for somebody in the Sunday night or Monday game to pick up now and drop this garbage, but not finding anything. 

1 hour ago, Dexter75 said:

Damien will be the pass catching back when healthy.

On 9/20/2019 at 5:45 PM, dlionsfan901 said:

Could you imagine if this guy broke out for 17 rushes, 132 yards and two TDs.  We know from history Andy Reid would continue to run him if that happened just like he did with Kareem Hunt during his rookie season.  One can dream right?

Droppable as the #4 back

On 9/20/2019 at 2:17 PM, kraftwrk_5 said:

Wow, reading between the lines, definitely seems like he's more comfortable with Darrel Williams then Thompson.  Wouldn't surprise me at all to see everyone dropping Thompson for Darrel Williams as their bench stash following Week 3.

I hate being right sometimes. 😎

• Like 1

I was wrong. I don’t think this guy will ever become a thing.  Today was his chance.  Will drop and find the next big thing 

Sometimes we get so blind to the hype. I picked this guy up off waivers this week after Damien and McCoy were banged up. All the experts said he was the one. And then even after it was twittered that Darrell got the first look in warm ups (is that a thing? A team announces essentially their rotation during warm-ups?) and that he would be starting, I IGNORED. But clearly somebody else in my league didn’t, because he picked him up and promptly put him into the lineup. I’m so pissed. Only consolation is that if Damien and McCoy come back next week and then Darrell is back to third string and irrelevant. As far as Darwin, I’ll drop this week, but Murphy’s law would say everybody gets injured and Darwin takes the reins in week 10 and wins somebody else a ship. 

This is a good thing. Clear cut decisions are the best ones. What would have been worst would have been a very mediocre stat line covered up by 1-2 splash plays to hold hope. Farewell sweet prince

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

Has there ever been a more hyped 6th round rookie going into a season?

On rotoworld forums? Of course. It’s a daily occurrence. What’s perplexing is the fact that most of the hypers are in 10 teamers. How do you have to 2 scramble in a 10 teamer 2 weeks into the season. I have no idea. 

-certainly entertaining though

Edited by Bugs bunny
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Ace_King said:

I own 0 shares of him but to be fair, the 6th/7th round price tag was before the LeSean Trade.  He became a late round flyer after that in most drafts.

But yea, I even called Darrel being ahead of him on the depth chart before all this because I don't think Reid is gonna let some 5'8 rookie be the one in charge of protecting Mahomes.

Passblocking > Huge Squats when you have a QB like that.

Darrell looked sluggish but dependable and the holes are big enough with KC to play the safer guy than the explosive one.

Edited by mmm sod

4 hours ago, Ace_King said:

CJ Spiller was a 5th rounder his rookie year after a big pre-season and well...