wendellrott

Darwin Thompson 2019 Outlook

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/11/1/20943354/chiefs-say-they-need-to-get-two-offensive-players-more-involved?utm_campaign=arrowheadpride&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

KC RB coach: “Last week, the plan was to get him more involved. I think with the number of plays we had, we did have some packages for him, but we just didn’t get an opportunity to get to [them]. But if you watch Darwin in practice, we’ve got to get that guy out there.”

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TomBradyDaGOAT said:

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/11/1/20943354/chiefs-say-they-need-to-get-two-offensive-players-more-involved?utm_campaign=arrowheadpride&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

KC RB coach: “Last week, the plan was to get him more involved. I think with the number of plays we had, we did have some packages for him, but we just didn’t get an opportunity to get to [them]. But if you watch Darwin in practice, we’ve got to get that guy out there.”

Watched this interview too. They also talked about a play he pancaked blocked a defender in pass protection. He just needs to get in there

Just now, Watitdookie said:

They also talked about a play he pancaked blocked a defender in pass protection.

THAT will get him on the field a hell of a lot faster/more than some rando highlight reel jukes. 

good info!

• Like 1

A what the heck flex this weekend? Probably digging too deep on this one.

Wouldn’t surprise me if this guy leads people to the ship weeks 15 and 16...

1 minute ago, CooL said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if this guy leads people to the ship weeks 15 and 16...

yep ... Denver/Chicago don't look that imposing any longer - a fully healed 'Homie would seal that deal. 

I was a former Darwin train conductor...

However, there is a guy named Darrell Williams that is the best RB the Chiefs have at the moment.

Unless the whole backfield gets the flu, Darwin isn't going to do anything this year.

Even Justice Hill and Darrell Henderson are in a better position fantasy-wise this year.

2 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

Can't trust DWill/Shady this year.

fixed. 

we've seen many outta the blue heroes emerge at the RB slot over the years ... now, not saying we gonna see some Darwinian magic all of a sudden, but ... just look to that "Ryan Torain" thread to see what i'm on about 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

fixed. 

we've seen many outta the blue heroes emerge at the RB slot over the years ... now, not saying we gonna see some Darwinian magic all of a sudden, but ... just look to that "Ryan Torain" thread to see what i'm on about 🤷‍♂️

I'm not one to crush other people's dreams, but realistically you will probably need LeSean McCoy, Damien Williams, and Darrel Williams to all collide with one another, simultaneously tearing each others' ACLs for that to happen.  😆  Just sayin'.

Interesting, but probably mostly unreliable coach-speak.  Not like anyone else has "claimed" their territory in this back field.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

I'm not one to crush other people's dreams, but realistically you will probably need LeSean McCoy, Damien Williams, and Darrel Williams to all collide with one another, simultaneously tearing each others' ACLs for that to happen.  😆  Just sayin'.

they'd just sign Charcandrick West, Spencer Ware and Akeem Hunt to keep Darwin in his "role"

Edited by FritzLn
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

what dream?

you think i need this kid to win my leeg?  yeah, not quite.

just wouldn't be surprised to see him get burn considering the malaise in front of him. 

• Like 1

Very confused why this thread was back on the front page. Is this guy not still the 4th string RB?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Deke said:

Very confused why this thread was back on the front page. Is this guy not still the 4th string RB?

It must be the Damien Williams owners picked up Thompson and are starting to hype him now that D-Will has been a flop

2 hours ago, BeefDaddy said:

It must be the Damien Williams owners picked up Thompson and are starting to hype him now that D-Will has been a flop

Look like 2 posts above yours... the coaches are hyping him

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Zero touches after the coaches promised to get him more involved. Can we close up shop on this thread now?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

Zero touches after the coaches promised to get him more involved. Can we close up shop on this thread now?

Never! So long as there is Jay Ajayi threads

Edited by Thrill22
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

you're the one who resurrected it :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Darwin Thompson is always evolving.

Survival of the fittest RB's - it will be Darwin Thompson in the end.

• Haha 2

On 11/4/2019 at 2:26 PM, Pooskay said:

Darwin Thompson is always evolving.

Survival of the fittest RB's - it will be Darwin Thompson in the end.

Wouldn't surprise me at all, after McCoy being a healthy scratch Thompson is a must add to see how he's used today.

Thompson won't take over the Chiefs backfield any time this season. Not a hot take. They are going to involve him more going forward I think though.