wendellrott

Darwin Thompson 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, fingers said:

 

Get vultured by Mike Alstott

 

Or TJ Duckett

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those who are targeting this dude, where are you planning on taking him? I'd like to wait until the last few rounds if possible but unsure if anyone else in my league is in on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

For those who are targeting this dude, where are you planning on taking him? I'd like to wait until the last few rounds if possible but unsure if anyone else in my league is in on him.

 

Looks like he’s trending up significantly and is now in Richard/CJA/Bernard territory as RB55.  You may need to be thinking about him at or around rd 12, with a reach in rd 11 if you really want to roster him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drop Hardman, easy decision. As long as the Gordon situation is unclear I wouldn’t drop Jackson 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reminder: League specific Add/Drop Questions belong in the A/C forum, not player outlooks.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, RoseLin23 said:

For those who are targeting this dude, where are you planning on taking him? I'd like to wait until the last few rounds if possible but unsure if anyone else in my league is in on him.

 

In my 14 team keeper league with a projected 21 keepers held, I'm eyeing him at my 9.14 / 10.1 wheel pick (#126 overall).  I am keeping Damien Williams, so this is a priority handcuff for me and for potential keeper value in future years. 

Edited by jonasdash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 days to cut day re: Hyde on the roster or not.  Hopefully you draft before then if you want an okay price on Darwin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, oswald737 said:

Reminder: League specific Add/Drop Questions belong in the A/C forum, not player outlooks.

 

Just more fuel to the thread fire....this puppy is going to 15 pages after the next preseason game.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I took Thompson with my final pick amongst skill players before going kicker and defense, so figure Round 14-ish value (it was actually Round 12, but factoring in keepers, that probably bumps what should have been his ADP down roughly 25-30 picks). I'm not convinced Hyde makes the 53 and even if he does, he's not that good......nor am I convinced that Damien Williams was anything other than a flash in the pan late last season.

 

I think Thompson is as worthwhile a flier as you'll find late in fantasy drafts and is worth a stash for now. Obviously, the Chiefs offense is as explosive as there is in the NFL.....just needs a road to opportunity.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

 

Just more fuel to the thread fire....this puppy is going to 15 pages after the next preseason game.  

Imagine if he doesn't even play..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Magoo said:

Imagine if he doesn't even play..

 

this place would be so chubbed up.  rocket ship to 15 pages. 

what is the over under of this thread by the end of the year?  probably something around 2000 pages right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you don't draft Sparks McRhino in the 8th, you're not getting him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, K197040 said:

If you don't draft Sparks McRhino in the 8th, you're not getting him.

Sounds like a Mega Man boss 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Sounds like a Mega Man boss 

That should tell you all you need to know about where to draft him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

I'm missing the joke here....are we really calling DarWINNING ....Sparks McRhino?  

 

Um, no.  Not either of those, at least by me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

I'm missing the joke here....are we really calling DarWINNING ....Sparks McRhino?  

 

Yes, it's clearly the superior nickname. 

And as I read on a bathroom wall, "the joke is in your hand".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Sounds like a Mega Man boss 

 

 

sparks 2.jpg

Edited by jstep13
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RoseLin23 said:

For those who are targeting this dude, where are you planning on taking him? I'd like to wait until the last few rounds if possible but unsure if anyone else in my league is in on him.

 

Took him in the 10th. Have to reach when you play with sharks. Do yourself a favor and draft him before Hyde gets cut. It's more a matter of when he gets cut. ADP gonna go to Henderson range then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

 

Still not sure who the genius was that got to approve the name "hard man"

I suppose you can read anything into anything but Hard Man, Snake Man, Needle Man...Top Man

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

reminds me of all the hype surrounding Carson a few years ago, coming out of virtually no where in a crowded backfield, lots of positive news coming out and before you know it he is the primary RB

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

maybe not s slow as advertised

 

“I’ll tell you what, he’s doing a nice job,” Chiefs coach Andy Reid said. “He’s able to see the blitz, which is a big thing for young guys. He has good vision in the run game. Then, he has a pretty good understanding of the pass game. He’s a really focused kid. He’s kind of a no-nonsense guy. He wants to do it right, is real focused, studies a lot. I like the way he’s made up that way.”

 

“Darwin, you would think, is a smaller, jitterbug-type of guy,” Chiefs running backs coach Deland McCullough said, “but he’s strong and packs a punch. He can protect. He can run routes. He can run the ball. I feel really happy with what we have there.”

 

He carried five times for 22 yards against Cincinnati, then had four carries for 30 yards last week in Pittsburgh — showing a couple of nifty moves and some unexpected breakaway speed.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, wendellrott said:

 

maybe not s slow as advertised

 

“I’ll tell you what, he’s doing a nice job,” Chiefs coach Andy Reid said. “He’s able to see the blitz, which is a big thing for young guys. He has good vision in the run game. Then, he has a pretty good understanding of the pass game. He’s a really focused kid. He’s kind of a no-nonsense guy. He wants to do it right, is real focused, studies a lot. I like the way he’s made up that way.”

 

“Darwin, you would think, is a smaller, jitterbug-type of guy,” Chiefs running backs coach Deland McCullough said, “but he’s strong and packs a punch. He can protect. He can run routes. He can run the ball. I feel really happy with what we have there.”

 

He carried five times for 22 yards against Cincinnati, then had four carries for 30 yards last week in Pittsburgh — showing a couple of nifty moves and some unexpected breakaway speed.

 

 

 

Thanks for this man 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.