sbleary17

Keeper League Choices based on draft Rd? WHIR

Ive got some hard decisions to make for my keepers.  12 team league where we keep 2 players and it counts as that rounds selection at the draft (Value Based keeper System).  Potentially some nice players ( Adams, Hopkins, Juju, Cook, Hill, Gurley, Evans, etc) available in the 1st & 2nd rd of the draft if I dont keep my 1st and 2nd rd players but its risky too. I would most likely have 2 choices in the top 15 available after keeper selections based on what i think others will do. Anyway...which 2 do I keep?  Leave a link and ill respond. Leaning toward Ertz and a lower rd choice.

Julio Jones  - Rd 1 pick

Joe Mixon - Rd 1 pick

Z Ertz - 4th rd pick

Kerr. Johnson - 5th rd pick

Tyler Boyd - 8th rd pick

Derrick Henry - 5th rd pick

DJ Moore - 8th rd pick

I’d keep Ertz and do you know where you’d pick in round 1 if you let Julio go? I saw the list of WR you think are going to be available. I’d think worst case scenario if you cant grab one of those you might be able to redraft Julio?

3 minutes ago, UcanTry said:

I’d keep Ertz and do you know where you’d pick in round 1 if you let Julio go? I saw the list of WR you think are going to be available. I’d think worst case scenario if you cant grab one of those you might be able to redraft Julio?

we dont know draft slot until after keepers are announced.  there is some risk to it.

1 minute ago, sbleary17 said:

I’d probably take the gamble then and keep Kerryon or Boyd in the 8th is good as well. You know the league and if you think you can grab a WR round 1 I’d keep Kerryon if you think they’ll be gone i can understand maybe Boyd.

• Thanks 1

Kerryon is a must. I think it may be worth the gamble of dropping Julio and Mixon back into the pool, as you may end up with another decent RB instead (someone like Gurley may drop with some concerns about his knee)

Posted (edited)

Julio Jones  - Rd 1 pick

Joe Mixon - Rd 1 pick

Z Ertz - 4th rd pick

These are the only ones you need to consider. I would go Jones + Ertz, Jones + Kerryon is also good.

Edited by Boudewijn

Yeah, I think depending on where your first round pick is Julio/kerryon. If you’re late(10-12) I’d keep Julio/kerryon. That way you know you’re getting a top wr in rd 1 and you know you’re getting a guy in kerryon that will definitely not be there towards the end of rd 5.

Kerryon is the obvious keep. Julio depending on where you pick in the first round. Keep Julio if you don't have a shot at Hopkins. If you can get Hopkins, I'd probably keep Henry to ensure depth at RB. 

Help with mine?

I like Julio & Kerryon, but if you like Adam's or another player better, then I would keep Ertz & Kerryon. Worse case, you end up drafting Julio, so you have him, Kerryon, & Ertz, which is a great start to a team, imo. Thanks for mine and good luck!

• Thanks 1

thanks for your help on mine

im tempted to go ertz and either kerryon or henry

or you could just go kerryon and henry 

I think Boyd will surprise this year and would b tempted to keep him along w mixon

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:11 AM, SenatorSpaceman said:

I'd go with Ertz and Kerryon and grab some more value in the first couple rounds. 

x2 getting 2 rd discount on both players and get to keep ur high draft picks

Kerryon for sure. I would just keep Julio as well. I'm thinking other 1st round guys will probably be kept so you most likely won't get a player as good as Julio there anyway.

On 8/12/2019 at 1:39 PM, smetana34 said:

Ertz and Kerryon. I bellcow in the 5th is great value 

This is good for round value.

Kerryon and Boyd for me. Ertz worries me this year with all of the Eagles weapons. Julio is my next choice at round 1 value but it really depends what selection you would otherwise. If that pick would turn to someone worse I would bump Boyd for Julio

On 8/12/2019 at 2:02 PM, sbleary17 said:

Ive got some hard decisions to make for my keepers.  12 team league where we keep 2 players and it counts as that rounds selection at the draft (Value Based keeper System).  Potentially some nice players ( Adams, Hopkins, Juju, Cook, Hill, Gurley, Evans, etc) available in the 1st & 2nd rd of the draft if I dont keep my 1st and 2nd rd players but its risky too. I would most likely have 2 choices in the top 15 available after keeper selections based on what i think others will do. Anyway...which 2 do I keep?  Leave a link and ill respond. Leaning toward Ertz and a lower rd choice.

Julio Jones  - Rd 1 pick

Joe Mixon - Rd 1 pick

Z Ertz - 4th rd pick

Tyler Boyd - 8th rd pick

Derrick Henry - 5th rd pick

DJ Moore - 8th rd pick

I would keep KJohnson and Henry because it sets your third pick up for big gains. In this case it was DWilliams. In a mock sim where I assumed you were team 7 and half par you make out 30 points better than if you kept Ertz. This is according to fantasy pros projections. This is about a two and a half point per week difference. A reasonable view of your team from my mock sim shows your team is quite strong when keeping Henry. Btw, I think you already know this but keeping either Jones or Mixon is not a good idea because you can only potentially lose value since you can draft better players by letting them go back. In this instance you got Hopkins over either Jones or Mixon. Most would take Hopkins, I believe. 

Wr: Hopkins, Evans

Rb: KJohnson, Henry

Flx: DWilliams

Sorry for my delayed response - out of town the past few days. Maybe this was answered, but what would happen if you wanted to keep two guys that count as the same round - ie, Julio and Mixon or KJ and Henry?

Either way, I'd probably agree with the consensus and say KJ and Ertz. I'm assuming Kelce and Kittle will be kept, so the TE pool will basically be one bit mess of mediocrity. Getting what would essentially be by far and away the best TE from that pool in the 4th is too good to pass up.