Dirtbag

LeBron James 2019-2020 Outlook

9 minutes ago, jay14bay said:

If the definition is "the one player you want on your team in an NBA playoff game that you need to win"

as of Aug 19, 2019 the correct answer is Kawhi.

We will agree to disagree...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Still waiting  for answer: Are you suggesting that LBJ will improve as basketball player with age?

And you honestly think that LBJ is the best  player alive as of Aug 15, 2019?

I already answered that. Yes he is the best player alive. Maybe kawhi gives him some competition with his defensive capabilities but the clippers would trade kawhi for lebron in a heart beat if it was offered. Stephen A, Max kellerman, shannon, probably even the lebron hater skip would agree. Stephen A says lebron has a career season and wins MVP. I agree and do not blindly agree with anyone. 

And to answer whether lebron gets better with age, I'll be more specific... to a point, yes. He is better now than he was at 23 because of his mental capacity regarding basketball. He cant jump as high, he can't run as fast, he gets fatigued more now and just about every single asset of his current physical ability besides shooting is worse. But his NBA veteran IQ will make up for it... you don't seem to grasp that concept.

He has a few more years of being the best player alive (or I should say the player most likely to lead a team to a ship and win most often). Its not all about skills it's about what you do with them. Lebron is that far ahead yes. 

Simply put, switch lebron with any player on any team in the nba and the hypothetical team with lebron will do better as a whole. Put lebron on last years pelicans, they make the playoffs and probably win the ship. AD they have one of the worst records in the nba and that's with holiday too. Put lebron in giannis shoes when he had Bledsoe, Middleton, Lopez, they win a ring. Lebrons a championship contender no matter what team he is on, and that cannot be said about any other player, period. His decline will begin soon but even a declining lebron is still the best player in the world and will be top 5 until hes 40, pending injury. His mental capacity STILL makes up for his athletic current decline making him the best player alive. Best means most likely to win, not most "skilled". 

Lebron is on the fringe of not being the best player alive, but still is. His mind is underrated (on the court). Dude can't even spell off the court. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, johnval1362 said:

He is better now than he was at 23 because of his mental capacity regarding basketball. He cant jump as high, he can't run as fast, he gets fatigued more now and just about every single asset of his current physical ability besides shooting is worse. But his NBA veteran IQ will make up for it... you don't seem to grasp that concept.

Here is a concept for you to grasp: Basketball  is primarily dependent on physical ability and is played using  actual physical  body. It is not a mind game

LBJ and " his NBA veteran IQ" will not make up  when his physical abilities start to decline (whenever that happens, I think it has started already and it will get worse).

You cant jump as high, then your shot gets blocked. You can't run as fast, then defenders can catch up with you. You get fatigued more easily, than you don't have energy  to do anything (run. rebound, defend, you name it)

Your "NBA veteran IQ"  can tell you " you need to jump" but you still need your physical, actual body to do the jumping.  

I am starting to think that  Rich Paul  secretly joined RW forums and is writing as johnval1362  😝

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

Other than  AD, those guys are end-of-bench players good for max 17 min a game. And good luck making deep playoff run if those players are playing more than that

You said "Laker's roster" not starting 5. Don't change the narrative of your statement and then throw in complete speculation that those I mentioned will play "17 min max a game". Weak

30 minutes ago, ROTY said:

You said "Laker's roster" not starting 5. Don't change the narrative of your statement and then throw in complete speculation that those I mentioned will play "17 min max a game". Weak

My bad. In true Canadian fashion all I have to say is; "I am sorry"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Best player alive until father time steps in to say otherwise, it may be this season may not be. We're gonna miss the GOAT when his prime is up.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

Here is a concept for you to grasp: Basketball  is primarily dependent on physical ability and is played using  actual physical  body. It is not a mind game

LBJ and " his NBA veteran IQ" will not make up  when his physical abilities start to decline (whenever that happens, I think it has started already and it will get worse).

You cant jump as high, then your shot gets blocked. You can't run as fast, then defenders can catch up with you. You get fatigued more easily, than you don't have energy  to do anything (run. rebound, defend, you name it)

Your "NBA veteran IQ"  can tell you " you need to jump" but you still need your physical, actual body to do the jumping.  

I am starting to think that  Rich Paul  secretly joined RW forums and is writing as johnval1362  😝

If you don't think mental capacity matters dramatically you haven't seen jokic rondo Ginobili Kobe harden kawhi ever step on a court. The mind is what separates great from legend. Theres a calmness you need to have that outdoes other abilities. Clutch factor for example is all mind. Wiggins is hella athletic but he sucks. Why? Becsuse hes dumb. Same with melo. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, johnval1362 said:

Stephen A says ... I agree

Ah, now I see where all these absurd takes are coming from...

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, Jake the snake said:

Ah, now I see where all these absurd takes are coming from...

Way to rephrase my quotes lol. But either way, yeah I'll take hints from the most popular sports analysts in the entire world, represented by ESPN to help form my predictions. They look for ratings but the knowledge is there if you know the analyst back and forth patterns. 

• Haha 1

Back to fantasy... After Boogie's injury and updated press, do we feel like Lebron is in the top 10? Specifically which 10 players would you take ahead of him? For me in 9 cat H2H leagues, it goes the elite 5, jokic, embiid/lillard and then the waters become very muddy from picks 9-14 IMO. Do we believe in Beal's ability to produce top 10 value? Will Kawhi play enough games to produce top 10? Could Kyrie or Jimmy take the steps up this season with the keys to their offenses and produce top 10? Will PG13 do so after two shoulder surgeries and a deep bench? These are the questions that have continuously come up for me and would love to hear others input.

• Like 3

On 8/16/2019 at 5:58 AM, johnval1362 said:

If you don't think mental capacity matters dramatically you haven't seen jokic rondo Ginobili Kobe harden kawhi ever step on a court. The mind is what separates great from legend. Theres a calmness you need to have that outdoes other abilities. Clutch factor for example is all mind. Wiggins is hella athletic but he sucks. Why? Becsuse hes dumb. Same with melo. 

I agree with this take.  So does Larry Legend.

• Like 1

Chris Paul just had his best year statistically (without Harden or per 30-whateber or whatever).  Imagine how good he would be 10 years ago?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, atlantadynasty said:

Who you guys pairing him up with in a 9-cat roto league? 

Could always go the punt ft% route and pair him with Drummond or Gobert.

2 hours ago, atlantadynasty said:

Who you guys pairing him up with in a 9-cat roto league? 

BPA.

Lebron for MVP - last year was an outlier in terms of missed games, dont see it happening this year as long as the Lakers remain competitive for the playoff race.

• Like 1

You are tanking FT%. Pretty weak in 3s, PTS, AST. Maybe Russell would be a great target. He will give you 3s, AST, PTS. The FG% will be bad but Lebron and Drummond should be able to carry it. 

17 hours ago, NeverMadeThePlayOffs said:

Is lebron/drummond good pair. Whose the third player for that duo

Think its ben Simmons almost for sure. Then just make sure you get 1 or 2 shot blockers and a few heavy 3 pts shooters. Making up 3s without hurting your fg%  too much will be the most difficult obstacle. 

When does he get PG eligibility in Yahoo?  Could have some real value in unusual stats from that position (especially for H2H)

3 hours ago, Tar Heel Nation said:

When does he get PG eligibility in Yahoo?  Could have some real value in unusual stats from that position (especially for H2H)

In ESPN they have him SF/PF would love them to change it to PG/SF

6 minutes ago, Steele2786 said:

Guy would just rather not score when his team needs him the most

bad game on o. bad t/o and couldnt bully Harrell/help d 2nd half

19 minutes ago, Steele2786 said:

Guy would just rather not score when his team needs him the most

Well Kawhi is one of the best defenders in the NBA so that was clearly a factor.

Edited by HK-47