TB44

Drafting Evans & Godwin?

PPR

I have Godwin as a keeper and due to format, I’m staring down Evans, Brown or K Allen in RD2.

My first round pick is likely D Cook/Mixon and I have Mack and Godwin as keepers.

Would you draft Evans while owning Godwin? OR would you go for K Allen as my WR1?

WHIR

Posted (edited)

Allen, for sure. His dip in production last year makes me kind of nervous, but that is squashed by his PPR dominance. With Gordon missing games, that spells even more targets/receptions for Allen.

Although, I'm not completely down on AB.

Edited by dropshadows

It’s hard to pass up Evans to me. I think I’d still go with him. There is a lot of hype for Godwin so maybe you can then trade him for a nice haul. Just a thought. 

• Like 1

I think there is room for TB to let both WR eat with targets, as we know Bruce likes to air it out. But if Winston/TB offense struggles, then that's 2 guys hurting you. 

I would roll with K Allen. LAC offense is much better than TB, imo. Good luck!

Don't over think this. Mike Evans is the WR to draft at this spot, and already rostering Godwin shouldn't impact that decision. *if you didn't own Godwin, would you pass on Evans?

Also, while pre-season strength of schedule doesn't carry the weight of in-season schedule metrics: TB plays vs the 5th easiest Passing DST, and the LAC play vs the 25th ranked Passing DST :shrug: All things point to the WRs in this Arians Air Attack producing at a high rate.

*side note: see redraft roster below...I had already drafted Mike Evans as my 2nd WR, and when the option to trade for Godwin arose, I didn't blink and jumped at the opportunity.

Jameis randomly is awful at football. I would not like owning both.

2 hours ago, UcanTry said:

Just take a WR at 1 and RB in round 2 IMO

Same WRs would be available , I’m at the back of the snake 

13 hours ago, TB44 said:

Would you draft Evans while owning Godwin? OR would you go for K Allen as my WR1?

In your case, as a homer, I'd totally pick Evans. Not sure he will be better than Allen, but do you want him to go off on someone else's bench? :)

Allen btw has some minor injury issue. Not sure how minor, I just don't like those kind of things so early.