Trench Mob

JaVale McGee 2019-2020 Outlook

6 minutes ago, brickcitymamba said:

No bueno. Is today's usage down to preference for small-ball lineups? Benching him for now... playing a tree for 17 minutes might be a perk in an experimental drama play, but not in fantasy

Their small ball lineup at the end was terrible. They should be utilizing their height and length more which worked well in the first quarter.

• Like 2

The new NBA trend is small ball. So my guess most of the time Lakers go small both McGee and D12 will be limited in min. I can't see McGee getting more than 20 min. a night unless D12 get hurt. He is only great for owner in need of BLKS.

1 minute ago, gladiator888 said:

The new NBA trend is small ball. So my guess most of the time Lakers go small both McGee and D12 will be limited in min. I can't see McGee getting more than 20 min. a night unless D12 get hurt. He is only great for owner in need of BLKS.

last year he was playing 20 mins and he was doing just fine 

26 minutes ago, gladiator888 said:

Trends aren’t mandatory. They have length. Once Kuzma comes back they get even bigger. They did a lot of AD/LBJ PnR plays with Javale with a backdoor cut in preseason and that should be their bread and butter. Simple but effective. And as stated, their small ball this game was terrible with mediocre shooters in KCP and Bradley.

20mins is enough as long as they utilize Mcgee properly while he’s on the floor.

Edited by boytoy

1 hour ago, boytoy said:

Trends aren’t mandatory. They have length. Once Kuzma comes back they get even bigger. They did a lot of AD/LBJ PnR plays with Javale with a backdoor cut in preseason and that should be their bread and butter. Simple but effective. And as stated, their small ball this game was terrible with mediocre shooters in KCP and Bradley.

20mins is enough as long as they utilize Mcgee properly while he’s on the floor.

Doesnt worth the hold unless u are in deeeeep leagues. 

I mean both D12 and McGee. 

he looked good out there 

vogel shoulda used him more to expose clippers lack of size .. lakers looked like they needed a rim protector more times than not, but javale spent most the game on the bench. 

6 hours ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Wont panic yet. I will wait a couple of weeks up to a month to see if this usage stays the same.

McGee isn't really a usage guy where they can dump it to him on the low post and let him work. Put backs and lobs are his thing along with blocks. If you are holding I would wait until they get healthy and see how he does with Rondo on the floor (I would think better) and what the rotation is like with staggering LBJ/AD and weaving Kuz in off of the bench. See how many minutes AD logs at the 4 and see if it is a mess between Howard and McGee. 

2 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

He got 2 blocks.  I’d hold. 

if there’s a hot free agent available i wouldn’t hesitate to drop tbh .. it looks like he might be having lots of games under 20 mpg under vogel this season 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, COBBLEPOT said:

if there’s a hot free agent available i wouldn’t hesitate to drop tbh .. it looks like he might be having lots of games under 20 mpg under vogel this season 

Ultimately, it’s whatever.  I have no idea whether McGee or someone like Hart will have more value.  But I’m not inclined to drop a two block guy even if the rest is garbage.  You’re not getting a two block guy on the wire. 

1 hour ago, StifleTower2 said:

Ultimately, it’s whatever.  I have no idea whether McGee or someone like Hart will have more value.  But I’m not inclined to drop a two block guy even if the rest is garbage.  You’re not getting a two block guy on the wire. 

he’s not gunna average 2 blocks in 17 minutes tho 

it all depends on how vogel plans on using him 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, StifleTower2 said:

Robert Williams.

On 10/23/2019 at 3:07 PM, StifleTower2 said:

I can understand your case. I did drop him because even with him, I am not winning blocks. Every team is built differently.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Trade Monster said:

I can understand your case. I did drop him because even with him, I am not winning blocks. Every team is built differently.  

Don't worry, I did the same.

Looks like someone in laker land finally realized Anthony Davis is the best center on the roster and is making him play there. 

AD got 12 min at center in game 1 and looks like he will pass that in game 2. Of Dwight and Javan’s can’t get run against Hobert and Ed Davis they got no hope against small ball teams. 

If the time share with Howard was for 40-44 minutes javale could have some value. But a timeshare for 32-36 min isn’t gonna cut it.