Trench Mob

JaVale McGee 2019-2020 Outlook

25 minutes ago, AJdude said:

same for steals, right?

steals is different .. i believe whoever hits the ball loose is the one credited with the steal, but i’ve seen it go both ways. ultimately i believe it’s up the discretion of the scorekeeper. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, COBBLEPOT said:

steals is different .. i believe whoever hits the ball loose is the one credited with the steal, but i’ve seen it go both ways. ultimately i believe it’s up the discretion of the scorekeeper. 

In my experience, which is like 20 years of watching the NBA and about half that playing fantasy steals are the most "discretion" heavy stat there is. Even more than assists.  Sometimes the guy that swipes the ball gets it, other times it's the guy that ended up with it.  Sometimes nobody gets a steal and they just give a guy a turnover like after a loose ball scrum.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, laurilegend said:

In my experience, which is like 20 years of watching the NBA and about half that playing fantasy steals are the most "discretion" heavy stat there is. Even more than assists.  Sometimes the guy that swipes the ball gets it, other times it's the guy that ended up with it.  Sometimes nobody gets a steal and they just give a guy a turnover like after a loose ball scrum.

exactly .. there is no definitive ruling on it that i’ve seen. imo it should be whoever creates the turnover, but it’s not always credited that way. 

11 hours ago, COBBLEPOT said:

a tap out doesn’t count as a board to the player tapping, it counts as a board to whoever catches it 

Is this new?  I remember Tyson Chandler getting credited for backtap REBs