Sign in to follow this  
nonstopfan

2019 NFL Preseason Games - Week 3 Discussion

13 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Arians is implementing a new zone blocking scheme. That'll take a few more weeks to get the guys to gel. 

I hope you mean 2 more weeks.

Just now, K197040 said:

I hope you mean 2 more weeks.

Nope. I'd say week 4-5 of the regular season. 

Just now, gbill2004 said:

Nope. I'd say week 4-5 of the regular season. 

So ready by Week 1?

1 minute ago, K197040 said:

So ready by Week 1?

No. But once it gets going it'll be beautiful. 

Are Lions rotating backs tonight? I’m not watching and I’m considering drafting Kerryon tomorrow but just so unsure on him.

Posted (edited)

If I'm not mistaken, it's been

1st series - McCoy

2nd series - Gore

3rd series - Gore (McCoy comes back in for Gore after long run and injury)

Based on dress rehearsal, Singletary seems a distant 3rd.

Edited by nonstopfan

Must have been a snafu in communication between the Bucs and whomever they contracted for the graphics/stickers on the helmet...clearly the wrong size got approved

17 minutes ago, joebaker23 said:

Are Lions rotating backs tonight?

So far it's been a total rotation, series by series. <_<

Just now, Bandito said:

I just find it hard to trust Kerryon man, just due to his situation. I have no clue why his ADP is so high.

2 minutes ago, Bandito said:

Right on cue Johnson catches a TD... not Kerryon, it’s Ty... another RB in the Lions backfield....

Baker 10 of 26 for 72 yards. And a pick. Yeesh.

When Baker Mayfield said he wanted to get a half, maybe he was talking about his completion percentage.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, joebaker23 said:

Right on cue Johnson catches a TD... not Kerryon, it’s Ty... another RB in the Lions backfield....

Ty is a lot more than "another RB in the Lions backfield". He is Tarik Cohen 2.0.

Baker looked like trashola tonight.  No OBJ, I don't see Landry either, but these throws are awful.

I know no one cares about kickers, but the Browns kicker could be a good one.  Enough talent to move the ball, but enough struggles to stall in the RedZone is a great combo for kickers.

CJ Anderson looks just as good tonight as he did to end last season.  I'm not sure what's going to happen with the backfield on a weekly basis, but I will say this, I think CJA is a top10, maybe top 5 handcuff this year.  If you're storing lotto tickets, or like to hold high value cuffs, he has to be toward the top of the list, might even have a weekly role, and is currently a 15th round pick in 12 team PPR leagues.  Kerryon, on the other hand, is going in the late 2nd.

Winston's accuracy beyond 10 yards looked concerning, but had a good connection with Godwin in the slot, no Evans tonight.

Hockenson had a lot of good looks, but <the other TE they got> had a few looks too and after how poorly the Ebton experiment went years prior, and then watching him blow up with Indy... I'm skeptical to buy into another DET TE hype train.

Amendola could be a sneaky late round PPR after for 14+ team leagues, and on the radar\watch list for 12 teamers.  Looks like he could basically be the guy who assumes the Theo Riddick role that has had it's usefulness in the past.  Don't hold your breath for 16 games though.  Also, remember that Patricia is a NE\BB spin off, and Amendola had some really nice games, filling in the Welker\Edelman role that the Patriots have made PPR gold for a decade now.

Lastly... Shady McCoy isn't dead yet.  But with the competition, potential committee, and overall questions with the offense... Don't get excited.

Just my .02.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Ty is a lot more than "another RB in the Lions backfield". He is Tarik Cohen 2.0.

Certainly didn’t meet to imply he was JAG, because he is talented. Just makes my decision harder now, because I was set on Kerryon for one of my picks in my draft tomorrow.

• Like 1

Blane Gabbart injured....preseason passing leader Ryan Griffin coming in early?

10 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

CJ Anderson looks just as good tonight as he did to end last season.  I'm not sure what's going to happen with the backfield on a weekly basis, but I will say this, I think CJA is a top10, maybe top 5 handcuff this year. 

I saw a Lions RB make a nice run, and I looked up the number and it was CJ Anderson.  I didn't think it was him (he looked a bit bigger).  Def looked good, at least the bit of him I saw.

7 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

Blane Gabbart injured....preseason passing leader Ryan Griffin coming in early?

I don't wish injury on anyone but Gabbert sucks.  Griffin should be the backup, no question.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

I don't wish injury on anyone but Gabbert sucks.  Griffin should be the backup, no question.

He's just here to blow up my DFS tickets because I assumed he'd get a quarter instead of a half.