Sign in to follow this  
nonstopfan

2019 NFL Preseason Games - Week 3 Discussion

Just now, gufomel said:

Kingsbury is thinking “oh crap”

Maybe he can whip up a new system in three weeks. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, tpat30 said:

All of them are on the field again with Byrd and they just went -8 yards and a sack safety.

Beyond terrible.

But MAYBE when their new coach gets there, they'll be better. According to me, the backup coach is in right now

Matt Simms vs Jets CFL string cornerbacks. 

Was hoping for a bit more Schaub. 

Cardinals 3/8 for 12 yards and 5 rushes for 10 yards in nearly a whole half with most of the 1st team. 

Yikes. Yikes. Yikes. 

55 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Looking like a WR/WR start at the turn with Jacobs in the third for me lol

Same. Juju plus whoever else and snag Jacobs and either Godwin or another RB for me from pick 11

2 minutes ago, gufomel said:

Cardinals 3/8 for 12 yards and 5 rushes for 10 yards in nearly a whole half with most of the 1st team. 

Yikes. Yikes. Yikes. 

How long did the Raiders have their 1st team D in?

There’s going to be some coach speak coming out of Arizona about how they “didn’t want to reveal the full deck”. Fine, understood. But with the few cards you chose to reveal, how come it didn’t look better?

1 minute ago, Iron-cock said:

How long did the Raiders have their 1st team D in?

Not sure to be honest.

1 minute ago, scheibler said:

Same. Juju plus whoever else and snag Jacobs and either Godwin or another RB for me from pick 11

do you guys think you're the only two noticing Jacobs?

you really think he lasts 'til pick 35 in this RB starved wasteland we call magick foosball?

i just don't see the kid dropping that far 🐿

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Justice Hill looks very good Edit: whoops nvm that was last week!

Edited by elroypedro
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

do you guys think you're the only two noticing Jacobs?

you really think he lasts 'til pick 35 in this RB starved wasteland we call magick foosball?

i just don't see the kid dropping that far 🐿

Don't kill my dreams. I'll prolly go cook/juju though. I think both are in for monster seasons barring health

Edited by scheibler
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, scheibler said:

Don't kill my dreams. I'll prolly go cook/juju though. I think both are in for monster seasons barring health

better go JuJu at 11 ... think he'll get snagged on the turn by the chap in the 12 hole if you pass - Cook will be there at 14. 

I don't think Jacobs is going to suddenly spike based on tonight. Nothing headline inducing. Likely good news.

• Like 1

DJ and Chubb are going to swap places in ADP over the next 2 weeks (actually Chubb will end up right behind Bell, but otherwise a direct swap with DJ). 

Just now, kball09 said:

I don't think Jacobs is going to suddenly spike based on tonight. Nothing headline inducing. Likely good news.

yeah, no one said ZOMG!!1!111!1! HE'S ALL WORLD! FIRST RD NOW!

i was simply saying that a talented kid, who is proficient for all downs and distance, in an offense that has potential "ooommph", ain't lasting 'til back of rd three. 

• Like 3

Ameer abdullah looked like a pro bowler in preseason. I put little to no stock in these games.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ajs723 said:

Ryan Finley 8/8 for 79 yards and a score. If Dalton does Dalton things, there will be cries for Finley this season. 

I watched quite a bit of Finley at NC State and that dude is really good. It's insane that the Bengals got him in the 4th round.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bhawks489 said:

Ameer abdullah looked like a pro bowler in preseason. I put little to no stock in these games.

Someone gets it.

But the overreactions are an endless source of entertainment!

Isabella with a great play deep. Blazing speed, made space with his body, easy finish into the end zone. Probably 50+ yards

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CABLE87 said:

Cardinals are frustrating to watch

I know to not put too much stock into preseason, but if this team is gonna do big things offensively I'd have expected the Week 1 starters to not have looked like complete crap in their limited work. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, gufomel said:

Kingsbury is thinking “oh crap”

11 hours ago, Iron-cock said:

Maybe he can whip up a new system in three weeks. 

maybe kingsbury can crank out a new resume as well...

firsttime-resume.jpg

Hope all of the Cardinals overreaction suppresses that offense’s ADP. A year ago people were concerned with Mahomes’ preseason performances...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

Agree.  I think the things you do look out for in preseason are -

1. Player usage in the 2nd and especially the 3rd preseason game.  Regardless of the depth chart, you will see who the starters are and whether it looks like a timeshare.

2. How the rookies look.

The rest is just anxiety producing stuff.  These are all small sample sizes in the preseason.  They only play a few series, or at most a half.  I mean, take last year's Superbowl.  If that game happened during the preseason, with both teams playing their starters all game, we would all be fading the Rams and Pats offenses.

Edited by Brownsfan74
  • Like 1

3 more preseason games on tap tonight:

Bills @ Panthers - I'll be keeping an eye on Devin Singletary, and will the summer of Curtis Samuel continue?

Dolphins @ Buccaneers - Preston Williams!

Bears @ Giants - Definitely going to be watching David Montgomery closely, and will Daniel Jones build on his success from their first game?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I'm not in anyway trying to compare Daniel Jones to Kyler Murray, but what I'm seeing from Jones is what I was hoping to see from Murray. Jones on a 2nd and 13 converts with a nice throw on target. Jones connects with Latimer on a 40 yard out with a perfectly placed ball. Now Jones did fumble the next snap, but its those type of throws that you want to see in preseason.

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Like 1